Current Multiplayer Problems

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Current Multiplayer Problems

Post by WQ Coordinator » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:40 am

Please read the most recent posts on this thread before posting a topic in Tips, Hints, and Help asking for help with multiplayer. It is possible that you are having issues with multiplayer because the server is down, or a similar problem on either WolfQuest's or Unity's end, in which case everyone is having the same problems and nothing can actually be done about it, except waiting. If this is the case, please do not create a new topic, as you can simply use this thread instead. This will make things much easier for the moderators, and make information easier to find.
Anniversary Edition Multiplayer Status: ONLINE
2.7.X (Classic) Multiplayer Status: ONLINE
2.5.1 (Legacy) Multiplayer Status: OFFLINEWhy?
Please use this thread to discuss current multiplayer problems. It will also be the place where WolfQuest Team Members and moderators can give you updates on current problems. In general, if it's a problem multiple people are experiencing at the same time as you, it's often a Unity or WolfQuest server error, which wouldn't require you to redownload the game, change router settings, etc. If it's a problem no one else is experiencing at the same time, it is probably a problem specific to your computer and you may want to try some of the suggestions listed in the WolfQuest FAQ.

If you experience a problem, it is alright to e-mail/PM loboLoco, Pepper or any of the moderators so the information can be forwarded. This forum is the only option available for personal technical assistance, so please feel free to use the search feature and see if a problem similar to yours has already been discussed and potentially solved.

Thank you.

• 18-Aug-2017 EDIT
Please take a moment to read this post by loboLoco for important information regarding the future of version 2.5.1 online services.
Last edited by Neamara on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:21 am, edited 9 times in total.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

dogo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Current Multiplayer Problems

Post by dogo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:33 pm

do you guys thing you can fix them, because i keep on getting a connection failure

wild_a1wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Ink, Aoyuki, Mai

Post by wild_a1wolf » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:55 pm

still have the same problems since wednesday.
can't create my own chat
seeing list of around 2- 6 chats in multiplayer but recieves connection failure immediately after joining (if i do get the chance to join it)
the only thing that has improved is on a very rare chance i get to join a chat that does work.

dogo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by dogo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:23 pm

that's exactly whats happening to me

Myota
Pup
Pup
Location: in Pensacola, Florida wondering what the wether will be like...

Post by Myota » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:36 pm

once i got into a chat but then every one stopped moving and speaking and after a bit it said disconnected from host, i think this is part of the problem so just letting you know :D
its up to this generation to save the wolves

wolves are graceful... fierce predators... beautiful... and need our help...

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:39 pm

Myota wrote:once i got into a chat but then every one stopped moving and speaking and after a bit it said disconnected from host, i think this is part of the problem so just letting you know :D
Well, your host probably crashed or chose to disconnect.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

LightningCry
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by LightningCry » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 pm

i manage to get into one multiplayer game but i still can't seem to make my own game i tried three times but it still disconnects.

Abbyxoxo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Abbyxoxo » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:13 am

i have a problem: i'm new in "wolfquest" and i always player from 2 weeks in the private game. but when i try to join in a multiplayer club it tell me that it have problems with the internet connection... what can i do? i always try to enter in it but it tell me the same problem every time!

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:58 am

Abbyxoxo wrote:i have a problem: i'm new in "wolfquest" and i always player from 2 weeks in the private game. but when i try to join in a multiplayer club it tell me that it have problems with the internet connection... what can i do? i always try to enter in it but it tell me the same problem every time!
There isn't anything to be done currently, and no worries, its happening to everyone at the moment. The best thing to do currently is await patiently for the team to sort out the issue.

And, just quoting Cana's post from the previous Multiplayer thread, incase it wasn't seen ;)
Just letting you all know that we are aware of the problem and are looking into it, and also that I'm probably going to make a new topic that's similar to this one but has a more official first post about general multiplayer problems, so if you see this topic/conversation locked, that's why.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Also guys, if it is something that not many of you are experiencing remember to check out the FAQ's first they may help, you can find appropriate FAQ's in the following areas:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewforum.php?f=36
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewforum.php?f=37
Wolf567 / Blaze

wolfluver86

Post by wolfluver86 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:18 pm

Multiplayer works now, yay!

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:21 pm

Yes, it works, but it's still a bit sketchy for me.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

moonlightrose
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by moonlightrose » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:48 pm

Ya im haveing the same problem its only a few i can get on it always sayes connection failer on most of them its only certen ones i can get on

ugneLioness
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ugneLioness » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:47 pm

I have a problem with "connection failure" when I had this game it was all good but now I cant go to multiplayer packs...
the first time when I log in is good but after few seconds its' gone! And writes "connection failure"... help please! :cry:

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:11 pm

ugneLioness wrote:I have a problem with "connection failure" when I had this game it was all good but now I cant go to multiplayer packs...
the first time when I log in is good but after few seconds its' gone! And writes "connection failure"... help please! :cry:
Everyone is having these problems, you are not alone. :3