More questions from a single player noob

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

More questions from a single player noob

Post by Siblaime » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:00 am

Which den in Slough Creek is the best? I'm considering choosing Saddle Meadows, but I heard there's almost no carcasses here, and after the replacement of one of the stranger territories it became less safe, I think.
I've chosen Aspen Heights before. It seemed quite safe (far from both stranger territories, no grizzlies were seen, the only threats I faced during two game sessions were two coyotes) but I found out the final journey would be very long and decided to start the episode over.
If I remember right I have got 7,500 EXP already and therefore East Creek's unlocked. Anyway I heard this site used to be very glitched and I'm not sure if it's a good choice. Plus, I don't know how dangerous passing through strangers' territory (during the final journey) is, and choosing East Creek or Bison Peak requires that.
I found some information that predators spawn quite frequently on Bison Peak because carcasses spawn often too. Is that true?
I'm not convinced about ranch calf hunting yet, so I don't care about the distance between the ranch and the den :P
Yeah, I know all dens have their own good sides and weaknesses, but I have no idea which is the best and safest for a quite lame player as me :wink:
• • •
If life will pass, after all, there is no need for submission.
If submission is a must, there is no need to stay alive.
• • •
- A. Lahuti -

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Re: More questions from a single player noob

Post by Black Burn » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:12 am

Ah, I believe I can help you here!

Saddle Meadows is a good den, the hunting grounds are not as far as it says, depending on where the elk spawn, you can also "herd" the elk up to the den (or at least closer to it) also. I've chosen that den many of times, predators are often easy to chase off, and they only spawn in three spots instead of all around the den. Strangers hardly come to Saddle Meadows. The river crossing is quite challenging with this den though.

Aspen Heights is probably one of the tougher dens, bears are the most common predator to spawn there, and there are four spawning spots they come from. The final journey is very long, but you only have to cross the river once with this den.

Bison Peak is an okay den, predators spawn here a lot, with more stranger wolves then the other dens. Predators spawn all around this den.

You cannot cross into the strangers territory, the game won't let you. And the wolves are no threat, they just stand there and growl. To get to the rendezvous you must cross the creek with all dens.
And carcasses don't really matter, if a predator spawns at a carcass it will eat and then leave without bothering the pups. Pup predators will spawn only for the pups.

In my opinion, the best den is East Creek, hunting grounds are close, though still a run away. Stranger wolves hardly spawn here, and predators only spawn in two spots. I have never came across a glitch with this den (other then being able to jump in it, which is fun).

Hope that helped! :wolf:
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

Post by Siblaime » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:15 am

Ok, I'll probably choose the Saddle Meadows then. Thank you very much for the explanation! :D
• • •
• • •
- A. Lahuti -

Black Burn

Post by Black Burn » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:17 am

No problem! Glad I could help! Don't hesitate if you ever have any more questions!
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

Post by Siblaime » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:38 am

Yeah, one more: how many predators do I have to kill/chase away to complete the den defending mission? I just started this mission.

EDIT: lolol, I have just lost my life to a cougar. It run away after my wolf bit it, then I came back to the pups, turned back and...tadam, guess who is right behind you! Didn't expected that. :lol:
• • •
• • •
- A. Lahuti -

Black Burn

Post by Black Burn » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:02 pm

The cougar is often the last predator at the den. It ranges sometimes, but I'm guessing 4 or 5. Two coyotes, one bear, and one cougar is the usual for me, though sometimes at Bison Peak an eagle will pop up.
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

Post by Siblaime » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:44 am

I had killed one coyote and chased one bear before the cougar spawned and got me. I was saving the game after each predator. So when I load the save which was done after chasing the grizzly away, the grizzly and the coyote will still count, won't they? Or do I have to start the den defending mission over, no matter what I've done before?
• • •
• • •
- A. Lahuti -

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:43 am

Siblaime wrote:I had killed one coyote and chased one bear before the cougar spawned and got me. I was saving the game after each predator. So when I load the save which was done after chasing the grizzly away, the grizzly and the coyote will still count, won't they? Or do I have to start the den defending mission over, no matter what I've done before?
I don't remember having to start over. I think it allows you to continue until you chase off a specific amount of predators.

How many you need to chase away depends on your difficulty setting.

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

Post by Siblaime » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:48 pm

Mission accomplished! I managed to chase away one predator of each species, even a stranger wolf visited me XD
So, now I have to feed my pups until they weigh 15 lbs, am I right? Is it fully safe to leave them alone near the den when my wolf and her mate will roam around looking for food?

Lol I have way too many questions. Why did I decide to complete the single player after a few years of being a multiplayer-only person? :wink:
• • •
• • •
- A. Lahuti -

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:53 pm

Siblaime wrote:So, now I have to feed my pups until they weigh 15 lbs, am I right? Is it fully safe to leave them alone near the den when my wolf and her mate will roam around looking for food?
I think so, yes! You should get a little popup message saying "Your pups are now safe inside the den until you return", or something along the lines.

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

Post by Siblaime » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:56 pm

Ah, yes, I have seen that message before. I was just wondering if it works only through the defending the pups mission, or all the time. So okay, now it doesn't seem so difficult :D Thank you!

I don't know how many questions I am going to ask, so please don't close this topic yet :lol:
• • •
• • •
- A. Lahuti -