Game is causing my computer to crash

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

noteris
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Game is causing my computer to crash

Post by noteris » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:02 pm

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread. I was curious if anyone else has experienced difficulties trying to play wolfquest on windows 7. I install the game and try to play it and my computer will crash. I can’t even get to the title screen. My computer automatically restarts. I really want to play this beautiful game again. Has anyone had similar issues and been able to fix it?

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Re: Game is causing my computer to crash

Post by loboLoco » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:07 pm

Sorry you're having trouble. I've never heard of that, so please send us a bug report with the log file: https://wolfquest.groovehq.com/knowledg ... -reporting
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

TimberRaven
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Name: Probably BLEGH

Post by TimberRaven » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:36 pm

My grandma has a laptop, a Windows 7, too, I think, and she had the same issues. But after a while, it just started going away on its own. How long have you been encountering this?

✩ ✩ .....................................................................................................................................................................
╔═══════════════╗
.I'll trade sadness for.
..happiness..
.And trade hatred for.
.........love.........
╚═══════════════╝

Avatar-BB <3 Signature-TimberRavenBANANANAAAAA

noteris
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by noteris » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:05 am

I’ve been encountering this for around a month. I think I will have to get a new computer before I’m able to play the game again. I tried to download it again after my laptop did some updates then I had to restart it in safe mode so I could uninstall the game because I couldn’t start my computer up normally after it crashed.

TimberRaven
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Name: Probably BLEGH

Post by TimberRaven » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:49 am

Perhaps there is a large amount of memory missing. Is your computer very packed and crammed with stuff, or is it basically empty? WQ could be sucking up too much memory at a time, and it might be mussing with the functionality.

✩ ✩ .....................................................................................................................................................................
╔═══════════════╗
.I'll trade sadness for.
..happiness..
.And trade hatred for.
.........love.........
╚═══════════════╝

Avatar-BB <3 Signature-TimberRavenBANANANAAAAA

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”