2.7 Demo Discussion

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Frodo1

Lilly Shane
Pup
Pup

Re: 2.7 Demo Discussion

Post by Lilly Shane » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:43 pm

Neamara wrote:You'd need to be a member of the Image Tags usergroup in order to post images on a forum thread.
Just put in a request to join, I think I may qualify. Thanks for the response Neamara.

EDIT:
Here are the screenshots relating to my last post

Good Graphics Setting:

Fantastic Graphics Setting:

Whoops... images are a bit big, here are the links:
Good Graphics

Fantastic Graphics

Lilly Shane wrote:Umm, I think I discovered a bug right off the bat. Are the two adult wolves and the cub closest to the adult wolf on the right's side supposed to look like they're covered in glitter on the title screen?

CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM 1.7 GHz Quad-Core (2.7 GHz for one core, 2.4 GHz for two, 2.2 GHz for three, 1.7 GHz for four)

GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870, 1 GB VRAM @ 1000 MHz, core speed @ 700 MHz

RAM: 8 GB @ 667 MHz

Graphics Setting: Fantastic @ 1280 x 720 Windowed, fullscreen does not make a difference with the bug. Turning the graphics down to Good or Fast seem to help with the issue, but it still looks like glitter, screenshots will go below.... How do I post a screenshot without redirecting to a URL so it shows without traveling to it?

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:07 am

Lilly Shane wrote:
Neamara wrote:You'd need to be a member of the Image Tags usergroup in order to post images on a forum thread.
Just put in a request to join, I think I may qualify. Thanks for the response Neamara.

EDIT:
Here are the screenshots relating to my last post

Good Graphics Setting:

Fantastic Graphics Setting:

Whoops... images are a bit big, here are the links:
Good Graphics

Fantastic Graphics

Lilly Shane wrote:Umm, I think I discovered a bug right off the bat. Are the two adult wolves and the cub closest to the adult wolf on the right's side supposed to look like they're covered in glitter on the title screen?

CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM 1.7 GHz Quad-Core (2.7 GHz for one core, 2.4 GHz for two, 2.2 GHz for three, 1.7 GHz for four)

GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870, 1 GB VRAM @ 1000 MHz, core speed @ 700 MHz

RAM: 8 GB @ 667 MHz

Graphics Setting: Fantastic @ 1280 x 720 Windowed, fullscreen does not make a difference with the bug. Turning the graphics down to Good or Fast seem to help with the issue, but it still looks like glitter, screenshots will go below.... How do I post a screenshot without redirecting to a URL so it shows without traveling to it?
Do you have the latest graphics card drivers? Do you meet the system requirements?

Try going into the game....does it still happen with your wolf and with other wolves?

Please send that bug report (include what's happening, your screenshots, your computer specs, and things you have tried to fix it) to bugs@wolfquest.org. Make sure to mention its the DEMO in the subject title.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Lilly Shane
Pup
Pup

Post by Lilly Shane » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:16 am

SolitaryHowl wrote: Do you have the latest graphics card drivers?

Please send that bug report (include what's happening, your screenshots, your computer specs, and things you have tried to fix it) to bugs@wolfquest.org. Make sure to mention its the DEMO in the subject title.
Thanks for the response, I'll try to email the bug soon. And no I do not have the latest drivers, because in previous experience(Omega driver) it actually slows down my GPU and games become choppy and lag much more. I have the Catalyst 14.3 drivers currently. I don't want to update unless it's really necessary.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:31 am

Lilly Shane wrote:
SolitaryHowl wrote: Do you have the latest graphics card drivers?

Thanks for the response, I'll try to email the bug soon. And no I do not have the latest drivers, because in previous experience(Omega driver) it actually slows down my GPU and games become choppy and lag much more. I have the Catalyst 14.3 drivers currently. I don't want to update unless it's really necessary.
You're welcome. Usually GFX driver updates fix stuff like this, you can always roll-back to the ones you have now if it doesn't fix the problem, right?

EDIT:
Xael wrote:It's flipping out on my mac. Glitchy and stuttery. At one point my wolf was even skimming the earth in a frozen sprint position.
What are your computer specs? Do you meet the minimum requirements in the game manual?
Last edited by SolitaryHowl on Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Lilly Shane
Pup
Pup

Post by Lilly Shane » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:36 am

True, I'll try to update my drivers sometime soon and see if that resolves the issue, if not, I'll probably roll back. Either way, after I test the driver update I'll submit the results in the bug report.

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:38 am

Good luck! The graphical issues that have popped up do mostly seem to be card-related so far (unfortunately), so those are a bit trickier to fix. I hope it works out for you.
wyrd bið ful aræd
* inactive until further notice due to time and hardware limitations

Lilly Shane
Pup
Pup

Post by Lilly Shane » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:47 am

SolitaryHowl wrote:Do you have the latest graphics card drivers? Do you meet the system requirements?

Try going into the game....does it still happen with your wolf and with other wolves?

I see you've updated your post a bit since I last responded. I've played the game a bit with my current drivers and it's not nearly as visible with the fantastic graphics, though in a social encounter still slightly visible,(on my white wolf, I didn't notice it nor did I look for it on the black wolf.) it's mostly just the title screen so far. And my specifications far exceed the minimum requirements, I'm varying between 35, 40-45 and 50-55 fps throughout the game on fantastic settings so far.
Anduril wrote:Good luck! The graphical issues that have popped up do mostly seem to be card-related so far (unfortunately), so those are a bit trickier to fix. I hope it works out for you.
Thanks, hopefully it works, even if it doesn't, it's not a huge deal,(to me at least.) I'm used to bugs here and there.(Except when it's as annoying as the water bug in 2.5 multiplayer.) I'll email the report soonish

Angelion Blackfire
Name: V.

Post by Angelion Blackfire » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:54 am

This really brings back memories... Downloading atm~

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:35 am

I like how hare carcasses have scent plumes now so you can find them again!
Go your own way

DHumphrey
Pup
Pup

Post by DHumphrey » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:57 am

Busying downloading it. Can't wait to see what's new. Great job devs! :3
“Imitation is suicide.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Profile picture by Kyse (TheInfinite) (Humphrey from Alpha and Omega)
If I don't post in colour, it means I'm on mobile... just sayin'

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:33 am

I'm downloading and trying out the demo today, YAY!

EDIT: I finally got to try the demo on my mom's laptop (which happens to be the only computer I'm allowed to use that can actually run the demo), and I must say, it's really really fun!

I love how it's more challenging, the graphics are oh so epic, it's not super duper ultra easy to get EXP, which is a nice little challenge (I love an occasional challenge), and I'm just loving it, period. I kinda get frustrated hunting elk though, because they do swerve so much. But I think with a little more gameplay, I think I'll be able to really get good at tackling them elk. It also didn't help that I got kicked by a bunch of the stronger elk, including the Bull.

TL;DR: I really love all the updates of the game so far, it makes it more challenging, and more fun, and I think I'll get good at it the more I play.

Arva
Pup
Pup

Post by Arva » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:41 am

I found a bug: Alternative water reflecting isn't working while scent detection is toggled.

Claes Rosen - Starlight (my favourite song)

You're Starlight
Name
Starlight, you glow bright
And I take y'as a tasty night
Name
Starlight, you are my name!

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:42 am

I downloaded it and tried it out and I love it so far, even though to how many territories I go so many times, there never pops up a dispersal wolf. Never.
And yes, I did fight off at least one wolf in each territory, so it should be fine. But the game is like: ''Nope, you are not allowed to find a mate, you must fight off every wolf for all eternity.''
Really annoying, but I guess the dispersal wolves don't really spawn as often as the other pack wolves in the game?

But other than that, I love it so much. <3
. - Jeames - .

For the last time,
I am a STICK okay?!?!
Oh and I own Paradiigm.
Now I must go annoy Dom.
sig/av ↝ Paradiigm/noir_187

Airamyst
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Airamyst » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:46 am

I love it so much so far. Took a while to get it all downloaded and up and running, and I can only play it on the good or fast graphics settings but I love it so much still~<33

ʙʀɪɴɢ ʙ

''You either run from things, or you face them, Mr. White.''
''And what exactly does that mean?''
''I learned it in rehab. It's all about accepting who you really are. I accept who I am.''
"And who are you?"
ϟ "I'm the bad guy." ϟ
- Jesse and Walter
Av/Sig © Jeames/Lupa

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:27 am

Been playing it a ton, and I finally successfully hunted my first cow elk in the demo!

(Open image in a new tab to see full size!)

This is fun! :D

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”