2.7 Demo Discussion

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Re: 2.7 Demo Discussion

Post by duskypack » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:28 am

Wolvencall wrote:I like how hare carcasses have scent plumes now so you can find them again!
And you can eat them in more then one bite, amazing!
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:30 am

duskypack wrote:
Wolvencall wrote:I like how hare carcasses have scent plumes now so you can find them again!
And you can eat them in more then one bite, amazing!
Yes, absolutely amazing, and I noticed when you start chasing a weaker female elk, she starts making cries of fear!

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by duskypack » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:04 pm

Playing this demo was absolutely amazing! I love the leaves and dandelions blowing in the wind, the distance sound of bugling elk and the crickets and owls at night. I also adore the sunbeams through the trees in the morning, and the shadows in them.

The wind direction took a little bit for me to get the hang of, but it wasn't that hard for me to figure out. Even just sniffing out another wolf was a ton of fun, since I had to try and get my wind direction right. I noticed that once when you see a stranger wolf, it'll stand against the horizon no matter how far you go, and won't despawn. I guess that means it's harder to be picky about mates!

The hunting was bliss, I loved seeing the elk on the move when I got my wind direction wrong. It was much easier to scout out a weaker elk, though I got a few kicks in the process. The attempts the elk made to throw me off were great. It zigzagged, ran in circles, and always was heading back to the herd. It's final stand was great, I kept trying to bite a spot where it couldn't kick me, but it never turned it's back to me, so I just had to go for the kill and dodge the hooves. Unfortunately, I couldn't scare the elk with my ferocious growling.

I love all the new sounds and actions you can do. The growling, the whimpering, the new howls and even the play bow in single player make things more interesting. I can imagine the depth of interactions that'll happen in multiplayer now!

All in all, the whole experience was a blast and I'm so excited for what the full-on 2.7 has to offer!
¯~_°. .°_~¯
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:15 pm

Has anyone else discovered the new rock formations in Fossil Forest? I love it! Super pretty, and all the ledges and nooks make for great screenshot opportunities.

Also finally getting better at hunting. I found it works to run a circle around the herd so all the weak ones scatter and flee and then you can go for them and avoid getting kicked more easily. And have I mentioned how great the additional sounds and animation for the elk are now? I like that they'll bleat when running away, and it's nice how they occasionally look around and how they actually turn to run when they spot you, more realistic.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:20 pm

roguemoon wrote:Has anyone else discovered the new rock formations in Fossil Forest? I love it! Super pretty, and all the ledges and nooks make for great screenshot opportunities.

Also finally getting better at hunting. I found it works to run a circle around the herd so all the weak ones scatter and flee and then you can go for them and avoid getting kicked more easily. And have I mentioned how great the additional sounds and animation for the elk are now? I like that they'll bleat when running away, and it's nice how they occasionally look around and how they actually turn to run when they spot you, more realistic.
Ah yes, I've spotted the formations and such, quite awesome actually. And yes, circling makes life easier I've found. All the animations and sounds and stuff, oh! They're so lovely!

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by duskypack » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:28 pm

CakeWolfy wrote:
roguemoon wrote:Has anyone else discovered the new rock formations in Fossil Forest? I love it! Super pretty, and all the ledges and nooks make for great screenshot opportunities.

Ah yes, I've spotted the formations and such, quite awesome actually. And yes, circling makes life easier I've found. All the animations and sounds and stuff, oh! They're so lovely!
Everything is lovely, isn't it? ^O^
¯~_°. .°_~¯
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:30 pm

duskypack wrote:
CakeWolfy wrote:

Everything is lovely, isn't it? ^O^
Yes, everything is lovely!

What's really cool is that if you go to the ponds and you get in them, there are water splashing effects!

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:32 pm

Glad to hear you're all enjoying the demo! :D

Just for fun, here are some of MY first impressions when I played the first beta. :)
I played for a few minutes to check it out and I gotta say...

That intro made me smile so wide - something that hasn't happened in quite awhile. Great job, it adds a wonderful touch to the game!
I love the intro....like I said before. I also love all of the little things...all of the new sound effects (the elk bugles send shivers down my spine!), and [spoiler removed ;)]
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:35 pm

Wow, really nice seeing the first impressions of a beta tester!

That removed spoiler though, it makes me really curious!

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:14 pm

I can't wait to play the full version I just hope it comes out this Sunday evening so bad.
Go your own way

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:19 pm

I'm honestly having too much fun with the water tbh, the splash effect is nice and it's really cute to see the wolf avatar splashing around. And I have to say it's really satisfying when you chase a bear off!

@Wolvencall: hopefully it does! I'm assuming you got the demo to work then?
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Kipcha28

Post by Kipcha28 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:24 pm

Semper Solus wrote:I downloaded it and tried it out and I love it so far, even though to how many territories I go so many times, there never pops up a dispersal wolf. Never.
And yes, I did fight off at least one wolf in each territory, so it should be fine. But the game is like: ''Nope, you are not allowed to find a mate, you must fight off every wolf for all eternity.''
Really annoying, but I guess the dispersal wolves don't really spawn as often as the other pack wolves in the game?

But other than that, I love it so much. <3
Finding dispersals is now based on experience points, rather than encountering one wolf from each territory. ;)
██████████████

Airamyst
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Airamyst » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:52 pm

Finally hunted my first elk and very happy about it. Loving the graphics and game play so far though still trying to find a mate. Just wondering because I don't think its in this demo unless I just haven't seen it, but is there such a thing a baby prey in the game now? o:

ʙʀɪɴɢ ʙ

''You either run from things, or you face them, Mr. White.''
''And what exactly does that mean?''
''I learned it in rehab. It's all about accepting who you really are. I accept who I am.''
"And who are you?"
ϟ "I'm the bad guy." ϟ
- Jesse and Walter
Av/Sig © Jeames/Lupa

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:54 pm

roguemoon wrote:I'm honestly having too much fun with the water tbh, the splash effect is nice and it's really cute to see the wolf avatar splashing around. And I have to say it's really satisfying when you chase a bear off!

@Wolvencall: hopefully it does! I'm assuming you got the demo to work then?
Yes I finally did it was a miracle!:D I woke up to check my computer and it was like Christmas all over again:)
Go your own way

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Post by rowantobias » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:01 pm

Hunted my first elk!! I've taken down a lot already, looking to get a lot of experience so I can find a disperal wolf O:

.... may be considering hunting a bull elk but that's both foolish and risky. Never know til you try, i guess!

eta: I got a bull elk to like... the tinest sliver of health before dying and having to reload. I reloaded to a save where I was next to the bull elk and it was gone...... so much time wasted x____x
Last edited by rowantobias on Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⍋°⍋ the night wore on. the forest remained as still as stone. ⍋°⍋
⚘⑇⚘⑇ ( they / he | discord mod ) ⑇⚘⑇⚘

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”