International Wolf Center logo
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

Now available on Steam!

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and games.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Re: Now available on Steam!

Postby loboLoco » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:37 pm

Glossy wrote:
loboLoco wrote:Oh, that's the email you're talking about, sorry. It should come within a minute or two. If it doesn't, then it either got caught by a spam filter, or the email address is wrong. Can you search your emails for anything from itch.io?

Unfortunately the email address is wrong...and I don't know what other address I used in the process of buying it. I used my main/original email for signing up the new username for 2.7, but would that still be apart of the itch.io site? If not, then I'll have to look into it Wednesday and get that all situated.

That's separate. You need to ask itch.io to change the address in the purchase..but of course that means knowing what email you used when purchasing it. Contact them at support@itch.io
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Postby wolfadore » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:37 am

So what exactly is steam? Sorry I am a little behind online... What is the difference between the steam game and the itch.io game?
wolfadore
Pup
Pup

Postby Kamaal » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:59 am

wolfadore wrote:So what exactly is steam? Sorry I am a little behind online... What is the difference between the steam game and the itch.io game?

They have no differences when it comes to gameplay, so the game is pretty much the same.
Kamaal
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Location: Devouring someone's corpse with Hannibal Lecter. Eat the Rude children.

Postby wolfadore » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:46 pm

Kamaal wrote:
wolfadore wrote:So what exactly is steam? Sorry I am a little behind online... What is the difference between the steam game and the itch.io game?

They have no differences when it comes to gameplay, so the game is pretty much the same.

Thank you! I was worried that I was missing out on something!
wolfadore
Pup
Pup

Postby Kipcha28 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:34 am

It's a popular online store (known for its sales: during the summet and winter sales games go for 50-75% off so a lot get priced at $5). It is also a program to manage the Steam games you have, and a community hub.

Sometimes when you buy a new PC game now, like Skyrim, a Steam code comes in the box and you need to register it through Steam before you can play; this is to help prevent piracy. Any games in your Steam library have their save data stored in the cloud, and I believe it automatically checks them for updates. It also tracks time played and you can earn achievements for many games. As far as community, it allows you to add friends and join groups and allows you to chat while in-game, and you can also participate in discussion boards and share screenshots.

So, many people prefer having a Steam version of the game in order to keep most of their games in one game library, make it easier to take screenshots, and have those extra community features as well.
Kipcha28

Postby Kyrinth » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:25 pm

Can't seem to locate the Steam key? I went to the itch.io game download page, as Dave had said to do so, but all I see are the WQ downloads, and the download key used to create a player account. Could it be because the game was gifted to me?
Kyrinth
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Location: Texas - a state that harbors warm winters and even warmer summers

Postby wolf567 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi Kyrinth,

In-between your download buttons and the claim download key there should be a button saying Get Steam key, is that not appearing for you?

Thanks. :)
Wolf567 / Blaze
WolfQuest Community Forum Moderator

wolf567
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Postby Kyrinth » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:41 pm

wolf567 wrote:Hi Kyrinth,

In-between your download buttons and the claim download key there should be a button saying Get Steam key, is that not appearing for you?

Thanks. :)

Unfortunately, no. :c I've provided a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/T0ICpvY.png
Kyrinth
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Postby wolf567 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:43 pm

Hmmm... very odd. All I can recommend is emailing the team on info@wolfquest.org, and they should be able to help.

Thanks.
Wolf567 / Blaze
WolfQuest Community Forum Moderator

wolf567
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Postby Kyrinth » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:45 pm

wolf567 wrote:Hmmm... very odd. All I can recommend is emailing the team on info@wolfquest.org, and they should be able to help.

Thanks.

Alright, I'll go ahead and do that. I appreciate your help!
Kyrinth
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Postby yunogasai2016 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:54 pm

im glad its up on steam too but i can't buy it so i might enter the contest neamara was talking about! i really want to play 2.7 with freinds but i don't have it yet. my moms in woodstock so i will have to ask her when she gets back in 5 days. if she says no i will be crushed because it is my faverite game in the world! i give it a 100000 star rating if it would go up that high! but im sad i can't get wolfquest 2.7 at the moment 2.5's multiplayer isent working for me. im really sad. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
yunogasai2016
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Celestial-Howl » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:39 am

It's great that WQ is finally on Steam! Many YouTubers use Steam as a game source so if one of the popular gamers discovers WQ while on there, you might have them getting the game out there to millions of people. This was a a great business move no doubt about it!
Celestial-Howl
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Name: Alicia

Postby DerpBacon » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:18 am

I'm actually very happy about the reviews of the game. It started off as "Positive," and then it bumped up to "Very Positive." That's great! Upon looking through the specific reviews of the game, I only saw a few reviews that didn't recommend the game. Three, four, or five, maybe.
Celestial-Howl wrote:It's great that WQ is finally on Steam! Many YouTubers use Steam as a game source so if one of the popular gamers discovers WQ while on there, you might have them getting the game out there to millions of people. This was a a great business move no doubt about it!

Agreed, putting WolfQuest on Steam opens it up to a much larger group of people. There are plenty of YouTubers that have over a million subscribers who play "random" games (PewDiePie, I'm looking at you). If they stumble upon the game and decide it's worth a shot, imagine how many people are going to get the demo and purchase the game afterwards!
DerpBacon
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Name: Jay

Postby loboLoco » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:59 am

Yes, Steam has turned out to be a much more hospitable place for WQ than I expected. Reviews are good, discussions are good, ands sales have been very very good. (Huge last weekend, dropped since then as expected, but still quite delightful. Will probably drop further after spring break ends. Just have to wait and see what they level off at.)

With this burst of sales, we've begun work on the next round of game improvements, which I expect to release in two (free) updates, hopefully in June and August. No specifics to announce yet, but some really great stuff I assure you.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Postby Kamaal » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:33 am

loboLoco wrote:Yes, Steam has turned out to be a much more hospitable place for WQ than I expected. Reviews are good, discussions are good, ands sales have been very very good. (Huge last weekend, dropped since then as expected, but still quite delightful. Will probably drop further after spring break ends. Just have to wait and see what they level off at.)

With this burst of sales, we've begun work on the next round of game improvements, which I expect to release in two (free) updates, hopefully in June and August. No specifics to announce yet, but some really great stuff I assure you.

This is really pleasing to my ears. More amazing updates will be delightful. I'm so looking forward to it!
Kamaal
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Location: Devouring someone's corpse with Hannibal Lecter. Eat the Rude children.

PreviousNext

Return to WolfQuest News and Announcements