International Wolf Center logo
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

Now available on Steam!

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and games.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Re: Now available on Steam!

Postby SolitaryHowl » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:37 am

loboLoco wrote:Yes, Steam has turned out to be a much more hospitable place for WQ than I expected. Reviews are good, discussions are good, ands sales have been very very good. (Huge last weekend, dropped since then as expected, but still quite delightful. Will probably drop further after spring break ends. Just have to wait and see what they level off at.)

With this burst of sales, we've begun work on the next round of game improvements, which I expect to release in two (free) updates, hopefully in June and August. No specifics to announce yet, but some really great stuff I assure you.

Good to hear, Dave!
SolitaryHowl

Postby Koa » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:13 pm

loboLoco wrote:Yes, Steam has turned out to be a much more hospitable place for WQ than I expected. Reviews are good, discussions are good, ands sales have been very very good. (Huge last weekend, dropped since then as expected, but still quite delightful. Will probably drop further after spring break ends. Just have to wait and see what they level off at.)

With this burst of sales, we've begun work on the next round of game improvements, which I expect to release in two (free) updates, hopefully in June and August. No specifics to announce yet, but some really great stuff I assure you.

I'm glad to head sales are doing well. Thanks for the update, Dave!
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Postby Phasoli » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:44 am

Yes! Yes! It's posts like these that grant me happiness! I cannot wait for these updates! I hope the sales continue to flow throughout the year.
Phasoli
Yearling
Yearling

Location: In the field, next to the radishes, conversing with the beans.
Name: Call me Tsuri!

Postby Nor-easter Forecast » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:30 pm

This is great news! I'm glad sales have been good enough for two updates. I'm surprised at have big a market Steam has become, but I guess people are really into that platform.
Nor-easter Forecast

Postby Celestial-Howl » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:57 pm

DerpBacon wrote:I'm actually very happy about the reviews of the game. It started off as "Positive," and then it bumped up to "Very Positive." That's great! Upon looking through the specific reviews of the game, I only saw a few reviews that didn't recommend the game. Three, four, or five, maybe.
Celestial-Howl wrote:It's great that WQ is finally on Steam! Many YouTubers use Steam as a game source so if one of the popular gamers discovers WQ while on there, you might have them getting the game out there to millions of people. This was a a great business move no doubt about it!

Agreed, putting WolfQuest on Steam opens it up to a much larger group of people. There are plenty of YouTubers that have over a million subscribers who play "random" games (PewDiePie, I'm looking at you). If they stumble upon the game and decide it's worth a shot, imagine how many people are going to get the demo and purchase the game afterwards!

If PewDiePie or Markiplier picked it up that would be a huge jump for WolfQuest! They are two of YouTube's most popular and beloved gaming personalities, and have many people keeping tab on their videos. I remember that iHasCupQuake played WQ 2.5 last year and I saw a spike in new users each day after. Like I said, many popular webstars use Steam to find games to play. It just seemed to become game central after FNAF was released, so I have high hopes for WQ that this will be it's big break. Many people on the internet love wolves, and if a popular YouTuber endorses the game sales will likely skyrocket! But they already took off I see as Dave posted, can't wait for any future updates!
Celestial-Howl
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Name: Alicia

Postby Maddoka » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:09 am

Seems like Steam was a great decision! I'm so happy to hear about the sales. And wow, 2 big updates?! I was so surprised reading that! My reaction literally was this: : O
Celestial-Howl is right. If a big youtube would get it, the game would get so popular. That would be really, REALLY cool. (The forums would get quite crowded though. ;p)
Maddoka
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Postby SilkenGalaxy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:52 am

Woo! That's great Dave! Can't wait to see them! :D
SilkenGalaxy
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Name: Alex/Silk/Gally

Postby DerpBacon » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:09 pm

A big [hopefully] summer update? It's news like these that make me so happy for WolfQuest. :wolf:
DerpBacon
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Name: Jay

Postby Masika » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:43 am

That's wonderful news, Dave! It's nice that Steam has contributed nicely to WQ sales and the fact that things are decent enough for two free updates makes it even better. :]
Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Postby Rikkuzilla » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:55 pm

I'm so proud of you all at Eduweb! I hope you'll consider possibly putting other Eduweb games up via Steam in the future! I passed the word along to Cana, too.
Rikkuzilla
WolfQuest Administrator
WolfQuest Administrator

Postby DerpBacon » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:56 am

I think the Steam release had a positive effect on spreading the word about WolfQuest.
I went on YouTube and I saw some YouTubers with 10,000+ subscribers playing WolfQuest and telling their subscribers that they should get the game as well. I'm really happy to see that the game is becoming more popular!
DerpBacon
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Name: Jay

Postby roguemoon » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:21 pm

Summer updates? Nice! Can't wait to see them, I'm so glad that Steam made this possible
roguemoon
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Postby Nashie » Tue May 03, 2016 2:39 am

I purchased the game on this page so does that mean I can't get it on steam?
also for some reason I cannot play on multiplayer, it says I need to buy it again :/
Nashie
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby loboLoco » Tue May 03, 2016 7:41 am

Nashie wrote:I purchased the game on this page so does that mean I can't get it on steam?
also for some reason I cannot play on multiplayer, it says I need to buy it again :/

The first post of this thread explains how to get a Steam key.

You need to register and log into your account in the game in order to play Multiplayer.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Postby elysiian » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:51 am

I'm so glad they made it available, i usually am active on steam then on here
elysiian
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Previous