IMPORTANT! Required Game Patch

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

IMPORTANT! Required Game Patch

Post by loboLoco » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:46 am

Patch 2.7.3p9e

We're rolling out a patch today on all platforms. This has a few fixes, listed below, but the critical change is an upgrade to the multiplayer backend system. YOU MUST GET THIS UPDATE FOR MULTIPLAYER GAMES. If you don't, soon your multiplayer lobby will be empty, since this upgrade is not backward-compatible. (This upgrade has no effect on multiplayer gameplay or functionality.)

While these patches are rolling out to each platform, you'll see fewer rooms than usual in your multiplayer lobby, as some players will have the update while others don't yet.

Fixes and changes:
* Multiplayer now requires IPv6 (required by Apple now, which forced us to upgrade it on all platforms)
* Adjustment to Limpy's howl audio timing
* On iOS, you can now delete multiple messages (this was already fixed in the last patch on Android)
* Adjusted game canvas on iPhone X so UI elements like the chat panel are not hidden behind the notch.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

xc92u3

Re: IMPORTANT! Required Game Patch

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:48 am

How do I get this patch? My multiplayer lobby has been silent for a while now, and reading this post proves that I don't have it.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: IMPORTANT! Required Game Patch

Post by Koa » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:58 am

TimberRaven wrote:How do I get this patch? My multiplayer lobby has been silent for a while now, and reading this post proves that I don't have it.
Read the instructions here, though the patch process is supposed to be automatic. If you are still having trouble, please post a thread in Tips, Hints, and Help as we generally keep any troubleshooting posts there. Thank you.