- • User accounts with achievements, friends lists, packs, and messaging.
- • Furry coats on all wolves
• Ten new coat colors (based on two realworld Yellowstone packs)
• Ten injured coats (using new coats from Yellowstone packs)
• Seven new howls
• Other special customizations: radio collar, injured ears, injured leg, and more
• New emotes and emotes interface: Growl, whine, tail up, ears forward, grin, tail under and avert gaze
- • Difficulty levels determine frequency of elk carcasses and degree of challenge of raising and protecting pups.
• Elk and wolf scent is affected by wind direction, so players must pay attention to wind to find scent trails and to approach elk from downwind.
• Bull elk and strong female elk stand and defend themselves rather than fleeing.
• Dispersal wolves (potential mates) become available based on player XP.
• Grizzly bears can sometimes be chased off of carcasses. Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya?
* Emotes to express yourself to your packmates.
• Hundreds of bugfixes, including puppy-coat color inheritance, getting stuck near water, elk health bar displays, and private game unreliability.
- • Cougars roaming the wilderness, feeding on carcasses, and lounging on rocks
• Foxes roaming the wilderness and mousing
• Ravens feeding on carcasses
* Moose roam the woods and floodplains, presenting special challenge for hunting wolves.
- • Improved AI behaviors for all animals
• Elk and AI wolves are smarter about avoiding obstacles
- • More ambient sounds (distant wolf packs howling, Dawn Chorus of birds at dawn, frogs in Slough Creek springtime, distant elk bugling in Amethyst, and more)
• Greatly enhanced 3D environments, especially on Mac/Windows versions
- • Multiplayer switched to Photon back-end for more robust MP sessions.
• Slough Creek co-op mission: up to five players can play as parent and older offspring. Includes the entire arc of this level, from finding a den to the final journey to the Rendezvous site.
• Private games have voice chat and text chat (filtered only through naughty words list)
• Up to eight players in multiplayer games (five on mobile platforms)
- • A new map, "Lost River," to explore in both singleplayer and multiplayer modes