WolfQuest Newsletter- April, 2010

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

WolfQuest Newsletter- April, 2010

Post by WQ Coordinator » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:49 am

http://www.wolfquest.org/wq_newsletters ... etter.html

WolfQuest 2.5 Design Contest
(Survival of the Pack Deluxe)

We are excited to announce the biggest contest WolfQuest has ever offered. For those of you who have great ideas for how WolfQuest could be improved, now is your time to shine! We're looking for two kinds of game design ideas:
  • * Big Ideas - new elements, characters, or other things that could significantly affect gameplay.
    * Game Enhancements - suggestions that would improve gameplay in a relatively small but meaningful way.
The WolfQuest Team will choose the top ten ideas in each category and post them on the forums for WolfQuest users to help determine the grand prize winner. One winner will be selected from each category.
  • * The Grand Prize Winner from the Big Ideas category will win a 3-day, 2-night trip to Minnesota on Tuesday, August 31st through Thursday, September 2nd to meet with the WolfQuest Team, including nationally-recognized wolf biologists, to discuss how their idea can best be implemented into the WolfQuest game. This prize includes airfare from a major airport within the continental United States, hotel for two nights, and a tour of the Minnesota Zoo and other Twin Cities sites with WQ Coordinator. (If the winner is under 18, airfare and hotel will also be provided for one parent or guardian.)
    * The winner of the Game Enhancements category will win two WolfQuest t-shirts, a WolfQuest embroidered patch, and will also see his/her idea implemented into the game.
    * The remaining 18 finalists will each receive a WolfQuest embroidered patch.
Interested? Go to the WolfQuest 2.5 Design Contest page (http://www.wolfquest.org/designcontest/index.php) for more information, full contest rules, and the idea submission form you must use to submit your idea. You may submit your ideas starting Monday, May 3rd. Submissions will not be accepted after Tuesday, June 1st.

If you don't want to submit an idea, you can still participate! The grand prize winner will be chosen on a poll in the forum, so log in and vote for your top three choices once they're announced! Voting will take place in late June.

WolfQuest Multiplayer Games
Multiplayer games are a big part of the WolfQuest experience, but they depend on everyone's cooperation to stay fun. If you play multiplayer games, please read the following:
  • * Mating and gender-related chats are not allowed on WolfQuest. Though 'mating' is basically part of the single player game, we do not allow multiplayer game names that refer to mating/breeding/gender-specifics, as too many people have acted inappropriately in them. This is why all forms of the word mate and most words relating to gender are not allowed in WolfQuest chats. Anyone reported for hosting or participating in a mating or gender-related game will receive one warning. If that person is reported again, he/she will be permanently banned from WolfQuest.
    * Saving spots in open games is not only extremely frustrating for users trying to join a game, but it defeats the purpose of these open games. Open games are intended to be just that— open, for anyone to play. If you want to play a game with specific people, please create a private chat and send all invited users the chat name and password via e-mail, WolfQuest forum Private Messages or Pack Central topics, or some other messaging program.
    * Inappropriate or abusive language is not allowed in WolfQuest. If the chat is in any way inappropriate, the user(s) involved may be permanently banned from WolfQuest, without receiving a warning. (Note— this may also affect every person who uses this computer.) Please help us keep the chats family-friendly and fun by reporting any inappropriate or abusive chats by reporting them. Please visit The WolfQuest FAQ for detailed instructions on how to send a proper abuse report.
    * A new version of the game was released in March that has an improved chat-filtration system as well as a few other minor bug fixes. If you are worried about your child/student/self viewing inappropriate language, please make sure you have this version of the game.
    * Multiplayer chat in old game versions (any version before 2.0) will no longer work after May 1st. We feel this is the best way to ensure appropriate multiplayer chat.

New WolfQuest T-shirt
Thanks to a very active and talented artist in the WolfQuest Community, TimbertheDelta, a new WolfQuest t-shirt is finally on its way! A black t-shirt with TimbertheDelta's fun new design will be in the WolfQuest store, expected to be available for purchase in mid to late May. Visit the WolfQuest store page to buy it once it's available. The current t-shirt will also be available, but only while supplies last.

Also while supplies last, if you order both t-shirts or any two (or more) items from the WolfQuest store, you also receive a free WolfQuest magnet! All proceeds from store sales go toward forum and game development/maintenance, so your support directly benefits the WolfQuest Community. And if you don't see anything you like from our store or already have the items you want, you can always donate by credit card or check by going to the top of the WolfQuest store page and following the instructions there. Thank you for your support!
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

StoneRose
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Re: WolfQuest Newsletter- April, 2010

Post by StoneRose » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:04 am

Thanks for posting the newsletter, Cana! I've already read it, but yeah. :D

Wolf Runner1
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Currently? Probably either: Pluto, or Saturn. Feel free to check both places.

Post by Wolf Runner1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:05 am

Oh my gosh, thank you for this amazing opportunity Cana! I will most defiantly be participating!

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:05 am

Thank you for posting this information Cana! I'm really excited about the whole contest, I hope I can enter it though I'm not sure If I can or not though for those who are entering I wish them the best of luck!

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:14 am

Thank you for this wonderful update Cana, as always the monthly newsletter is enjoyable. I am sure the Contest will be wonderfull, and will get lots of enteries. ^^

LordWolfey
Pup
Pup

Post by LordWolfey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:42 am

Cool! I am glad no more rude chat is alowed on WolfQuest ^^! :P :P :D :D
I am sure the contest will be wonderfull! :)

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Thanks for the update on the in-game rules Cana, a good refresher! Looking forward to the top ten game improvement ideas!

Sollo
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Sollo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:56 pm

Great 8D Thanks for posting this topic, Cana. I will, sadly, not enter the contest, though I wish good luck for whoever is entering it!

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Thanks for posting this Cana! I will think about entering the contest, but good luck to all participants!

Mano96
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Mano96 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Hello, :D

I have some ideas for the new Wolf Quest 2.5. The ideas are listed below:

1. A digging mode (like the scent mode) Which allows you to make your own dens, find buried animal carcasses, and store food.
2. You could have new prey, including bison, moose, deer, and song birds.
3. The night and day mode.
4. The option to choose between being puppies and adult wolves. (multiplayer)
5. A skunk can spray you if you try to hunt one.
6. cougars, black bears, and other predators.
7. You can go to Cattle Ranch in multiplayer.
8. Larger maps
9. fish you can kill in water
10. The ability to sleep, growl, sit, and go into your den.
11. 10 players allowed in multiplayer
12. a thirst bar
13. The ability to use the social arena in multiplayer. (like say back off, i am boss, etc...)
14. A season cycle (summer, winter, fall, and spring.)
15. Weather (tornadoes, thunderstorms, rain, snow, etc...)
16. Caves
17. animals can mark their territory on trees.
18. You can pick what color your pups are.
19. You can have a world map to pick where you want to be.
20. You can pick more colors for your wolf.
21. when you dig, you can get filthy and have to clean yourself. (either with your tongue or going into water)
Thank you, I hope you like my ideas. :mrgreen:
Mano96 :) :) :)

spiritfang
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by spiritfang » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:58 pm

I love this idea! :D

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:09 pm

just wondering,why isn't there a link to the newsletter on the home page of the site like there usually is?

Kitsuma
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Kitsuma » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:35 pm

I like those ideas. Here is mine.

How about you have a "fat" bar. The more you eat the fatter you get. This does have a purpose though. In the winter you know how you can freeze to death well the fatter you are the warmer you are and you look poofy! Whick leads into the second part of my idea.
If you have season change with winter than there can be snowfalls. And if its not snowing wind can be blowing. The point being it gets cold and you lose health. However if your poofy then you don't lose as much health. However if you eat less or do more excercise then your poofiness goes down which can be good for summer and Spring.

dustymew
Pup
Pup

Post by dustymew » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:45 pm

hi um ,
i read that the old wolf quest won't work after may 1 st...... why? i'm not allowed to down load it plus it doenst work! can you change that?! i know alot of my friends are having problems too!

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:03 pm

well,as long as you have version 2.0.0,2.0.1,2.0.2,or 2.0.3,you should be fine. if you have version 1.6.4 or earlier,i'm afraid you will just have to download the new version,parental permission or not,unless you feel like giving up mp altogether. if the new version does not work,make sure your computer meets the system requirements,found at the very bottom of the page "get the game" takes you to.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”