Stand Out From the Pack!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Stand Out From the Pack!

Post by Polynesia » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:28 pm

I know I have asked this before, but since you are remaking the original coats, could you *please* consider modelling the white coat after the Yellowstone wolf White Lady? She was one of the few white wolves to live in the park and would be an amazing example. I think she was shot some time ago after wandering out of the park. :( It would be a nice memory to have her coat in the game, though, and I know a lot of the newer coats are modelled after real Yellowstone wolves.

I think these pictures are of her, for anyone who’s curious:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpspr ... sdf3re.jpg
https://worldanimalnews.com/wp-content/ ... 1_4663.jpg

YellowstoneWolves1
Pup
Pup
Name: Snake

Post by YellowstoneWolves1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:44 pm

Absolutely amazing! Now my character can be more of that tawny sand color than the orangish tan color he has now, and I can give him something similar to green eyes. I think this is my most favorite thing so far! Now my characters can look more like themselves, and I can even set my main character to be a bold wolf. Truly amazing, I love it!

Gillato
Pup
Pup
Name: Vigilante'

Post by Gillato » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:09 pm

Dude!! Maximum Fluffyness!! I nearly screamed when I saw the title I knew what that meant.. customizations!
oh my goshhhh, guys, you don't know how happy you literally made me!! Thanks, soo much guys!! :pawprint:

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:41 pm

This is amazing. I'm going to have so much fun with this!

Timber-Wolf-at-Dusk
Pup
Pup
Name: Arik

Post by Timber-Wolf-at-Dusk » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:55 pm

I love the idea of making coats based off real Yellowstone wolves, I wonder would the new version of the original grey wolf look for like these wolves?
https://rossphotogallerydotcom.files.wo ... g-prey.jpg

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/wwfeatures/wm/l ... 45mz3k.jpg

x1103
Pup
Pup

Post by x1103 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:47 am

Polynesia wrote:I know I have asked this before, but since you are remaking the original coats, could you *please* consider modelling the white coat after the Yellowstone wolf White Lady? She was one of the few white wolves to live in the park and would be an amazing example. I think she was shot some time ago after wandering out of the park. :( It would be a nice memory to have her coat in the game, though, and I know a lot of the newer coats are modelled after real Yellowstone wolves.

Timber-Wolf-at-Dusk wrote:I love the idea of making coats based off real Yellowstone wolves, I wonder would the new version of the original grey wolf look for like these wolves?

Where are people getting this information about the wolves/wolf packs? There was some interesting talk about them in another thread too. I only have heard of Druids for example from an old documentary and would love to learn more about the wolves that live in Yellowstone today.

Also, agree with you on the coats being based on real wolves of Yellowstone. I have actually totally fallen in love with the coat of the "wolf 21" that I saw in the documentary I mentioned and have painted him several times in the past. (I just cannot find a proper picture but it is very easy to find the videos on Youtube that he appears on like the Valley of the wolves and Rise of black wolf.)
Last edited by x1103 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:28 am

This is absolutely outstanding! I love that you are remaking the old pelts but darn will i miss them.... remade my first character early so i can enjoy the old black pelt a while longer before the amethyst mountain update drops XD

also the extra howls intrigues me.... Will i possibly hear that old howl the mate used to use in 2.5 or are they all new howls? IK i asked this before but i'm genuinely curious.

EDIT: i forgot to mention that i didn't see the limpy leg in the body customization area... is it being removed or are you still working on adding it?
Last edited by IceaPlayzPC on Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

airbones
Name: Razza

Post by airbones » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:29 am

Such neat new features! Hopefully NPC wolves might have a random modification here and there because I like the touch of diversity it will add to the game. Also bless that biography feature. I can hear all the RPers crying in joy. :’)

chickiefoo
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by chickiefoo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:01 am

I'm loving all the new customization options! I can't wait to see everyone's unique wolves in multiplayer!

Just one thing, the howl animation looks off to me. I don't think the ears fold back enough?
IceaPlayzPC wrote:EDIT: i forgot to mention that i didn't see the limpy leg in the body customization area... is it being removed or are you still working on adding it?
I'm wondering this too.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:49 am

Wow! I watched this video yesterday on youtube and I am simply blown away with how awesome you guys have made the new customization! I love how in depth you can get with it and look forward to tweaking my wolves to be even more unique than ever before!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:05 am

DispersedHowl100 wrote:Two questions will we be able to have a torn or bent ear while having a radio collar? And can our pups (And Mate) have a torn or bent ears (And mates have radio collars)? That would add alot of diversity to the game! Your pups/mate could have the bent or torn ear because of playing or a preditor attack?
Yes, you can mix and match all of the customizations now. And yes, NPC wolves can have those modifications as well.

Wolfwind wrote: could we also keep the old tawny coat as an option too? It's my absolute favorite coat in the game, haha. Kind of a classic piece of WolfQuest history too, almost iconic?

That's an idea, maybe we'll make a new "Classic" set at the bottom of the coats panel.

Regarding Limpy: We do want to keep that modification, but it doesn't work well with our new mix-and-match method of customizations, so not sure yet if we'll be able to do a special setup (and all the special animations) required.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Atlatl
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Atlatl » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:19 pm

What's the idea behind adding floppy/bent ears to the customization panel? Is it a common request?

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:21 pm

loboLoco wrote:That's an idea, maybe we'll make a new "Classic" set at the bottom of the coats panel.
ohh yes! That will be perfect for my nostalgia run that i plan on doing when the new game is fully out ^^

Timber-Wolf-at-Dusk
Pup
Pup
Name: Arik

Post by Timber-Wolf-at-Dusk » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:04 pm

loboLoco wrote:That's an idea, maybe we'll make a new "Classic" set at the bottom of the coats panel.
I love that idea! Despite these original coats being older they are defiantly iconic, id love to see them being kept as an option for wq3 :D Like so many others the tawny is my favorite so fair.

LamarWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by LamarWolf » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:49 pm

x1103 wrote:
Polynesia wrote:I know I have asked this before, but since you are remaking the original coats, could you *please* consider modelling the white coat after the Yellowstone wolf White Lady? She was one of the few white wolves to live in the park and would be an amazing example. I think she was shot some time ago after wandering out of the park. :( It would be a nice memory to have her coat in the game, though, and I know a lot of the newer coats are modelled after real Yellowstone wolves.

Timber-Wolf-at-Dusk wrote:I love the idea of making coats based off real Yellowstone wolves, I wonder would the new version of the original grey wolf look for like these wolves?

Where are people getting this information about the wolves/wolf packs? There was some interesting talk about them in another thread too. I only have heard of Druids for example from an old documentary and would love to learn more about the wolves that live in Yellowstone today.

Also, agree with you on the coats being based on real wolves of Yellowstone. I have actually totally fallen in love with the coat of the "wolf 21" that I saw in the documentary I mentioned and have painted him several times in the past. (I just cannot find a proper picture but it is very easy to find the videos on Youtube that he appears on like the Valley of the wolves and Rise of black wolf.)
I'm a huge wolf lover and do look up a lot of Information about wolves. If you have Yellowstone Reports that is a good way to get information and the wolf family tree is also a good place to get information. One question for you, do you like the 21Mb coat color when he is older and gray or do you like his coat color from when he was originally black. I would love to see coats modeled after other Yellowstone wolves but I personally think that we should do younger wolves along with some of the iconic wolves. I believe that out of the coats that only 296Fb is alive. So I was wondering if we could do wolves like 755Mb (06's mate) who is still alive and some of the Junction Butte pack wolves such as 907Fg, 1047Mb, and the gray pup.