Ōkami

Discuss other video games.

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Re: Okami, for the PS2, and Wii

Post by Masika » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:59 am

I've manged to get all the transformers ^_^ I've beaten this game over 15 times :mrgreen: Also on the wii version they actually cut some stuff out that the ps2 version has.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

redkona09
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Probably watching a squirrel in my yard. Or reading a book on the couch.

Post by redkona09 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:00 pm

Ahhh the magic of BlockBuster! I am renting tbe PS2 version (Im not very far; Im just past Ageta Forest.) and it rocks! It has officially stolen my number one favorite video game.
◈◈ On the ground I lay, motionless, in ραιп
I can see my life flashing before my єуєs
Did I fall asleep? Is this all a ƌяєαм?
Wake me up, I'm living a пιԍнтмαяє . . . ◈◈
~Time of Dying, by Three Days Grace~

Avvie by Serenal

tallstar545
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by tallstar545 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:20 pm

Yippee, I love this game!! Ammy is so cool. I've beaten it numerous times, each time discovering things I'd previously forgotten or overlooked. I finally got all the sub brush techniques. Took me long enough! :D I adore Shiranui. She is so awesome! I'm really glad we got to see her. My friend, the other World's Most Avid Okami Player, and I are only two Stray Beads away from finishing the tome... heh heh heh, what do we get? Can't wait to find out!! I always run around Nippon as Shiranui now, thanks to the transformers you get at the end of the game.

All in all, this has to be one of the three greatest games for Wii, right up there with Zelda: Twilight Princess.
"What is that?"
"What? What is what?"
"It's a giant... mushroom! Maybe it's friendly! Friendly mushroom! Mushy giant friend!"

SpeakingRain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by SpeakingRain » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:33 am

Just got it for Christmas. Wii version.
I really haven't done any research on the game... I've only watched my friend play it at her house. She's like a pro so it looked pretty easy... until I played it. I agree with other people. It is a bit difficult to control.

But so far, I'm liking the game. :3 I absolutely LOVE the painted style graphics! ^^ I am at the beginning of the game so I'm looking forward to playing the rest!
So... How 'bout them apples?

What'll it take to clear my tray?
To wash my pain and hurt away?
I know not whether you are there
To listen to my silly prayer.
But I know one thing for sure~
I want to find a life-long cure.

http://animefurrygirl12.deviantart.com/

redkona09
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Probably watching a squirrel in my yard. Or reading a book on the couch.

Post by redkona09 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:26 pm

Yesh! I got Okami (Ps2) for Christmas! I recentley killed Orochi and have revived Sei-en City. SO yeah. All I can say is Mrs Cutter was REALLY weird and the ghosts on the sunken ship annoyed me to death...

Avvie by Serenal

Shirra

Post by Shirra » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:11 pm

As my username says, I am a very, very avid Okami fan. I can quote Issun through the whole "Reset (Thank you)" and I can actually hit that high note on White Light Majesty. He he, that's what I get for trying to sing that high when nobody could hear...
I'm worried for the sequel, though. Okamiden has potential to be good but I'm a very strong suppotter of the whole "the book was better than the movie" concept. The same goes with sequels, though I'm sort of holding out for a prequel now! How cool would that be, if we got to run around with Ishaku and white light? I doubt we're getting one though; the company closed down, as I'm sure you are aware of.
Fifteen times? Gosh, I haven't even done that. ... Wow. I commend you! My friend and I just nabbed the String of Beads and I honestly didn't think we could kill anyone that fast... I suddenly believe the rumor that Orochi can be killed in under two minutes, and I'm going to prove it!
And yes, I do respond to the names Shiranui and Ammy. ^^

~ - Shiranui -
Icon by Riceboy.
I support the Alliance.

SpeakingRain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by SpeakingRain » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:39 am

'-'
I'm stuck. I can't get past the stupid sunken ship thing. I got the barrels on each side (btw those demon hands that come out of the water are freakish...) but I can't figure out what to do! Anyone have any suggestions for me? D:

redkona09
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by redkona09 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:18 pm

Koolaz! I just finished the game for the first time!

Avvie by Serenal

AutumnSolace
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AutumnSolace » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:29 am

When I had my game from long time ago, I absolutely loved it. It was so worth it to buy. :D

Mr and Mrs Cutter and the Sunken Ship (last part) had really creep me out back then that I was a bit scared to play. But I was a kid back then xD. Well, I'm still a kid.

I have to start playing again to collect those transformers. <.< I only have three. x__x

akanin
Pup
Pup

Post by akanin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:28 am

I love this game I really love this game.
and my favorite boss in the game is the ninetails.

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD
-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-

THE RED WOLF AKANIN

♥ AKANIN PACK ♥

SISTER: lupetta96

....../|
...../,|____
..../,,,,,O,,|____
.../,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,D)
../,,,,,,,,,,,,____/
/,,,,,,,,,,,,/

-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-

Shirra

Post by Shirra » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:57 pm

SpeakingRain wrote:'-'
I'm stuck. I can't get past the stupid sunken ship thing. I got the barrels on each side (btw those demon hands that come out of the water are freakish...) but I can't figure out what to do! Anyone have any suggestions for me? D:
Sure thing. Now, if I remember correctly {which I do} after defeating the crab and fish things you go up to where there is a Golden Gate, correct? Rao will comment on the moonlight... or was it Issun? One of the two. Back on the subject--that hole is there for you to draw the sun in the sky. I know, I know, that means the ship'll flood. Bear with me! I had my doubts too, you know. ^^
Now go BACK to where you fought Jirou {one of the fish} and his girlfriend {explains everything in your Bestiary--I think I misspelled that} and you'll find it's all watery with that skull up top. Guess what? Jirou has a nice little secret that annoys you to death sometimes. After you take care of that... heh heh...
Hold on, I'm retracing the route in my head...
You'll have to re-navigate that path with all those annoying spears that attempt to, well, spear you from the walls, but you don't have to worry much because they're underwater. There are some above water, though, to watch out.
You can now jump on that floating sake barrel {that huge, red one} and go through another gate. Continue on and don't pay attention to the cannon now, though it's key later. Plow on ahead and you're greeted by this giant seaweed monster. Go left in that room and you can walk up a ramp. Oh, and the seaweed monster tries to smash you, so be careful. ^^
Long story short, use your Power Slash to cut down the other sake-barrel that's floating on strings. Get on it in the water--Mr. Seaweed Monster Man won't hurt you while doing so--and run the opposite way you want the thing to go. It's like Newton's Law of Motion, but different. You'll figure it out. Then you can return to the room where you made it day {the boardwalk overhead is a nice nifty-shifty shortcut with lethal perks} and make it night again. THe creasent moon apparently doesn't affect the interior of the ship. The flood waters will recede, yes, and you can go back to that cannon now, but you have to go using the sake barrel leverage system because the cannon is unreachable otherwise, because you need floodwater to enter the other way.
Now, once at the cannon, you need to aim by making Ammy go forward or back to hit the wood pannels. Notice the nifty-shifty little mark on the cannon? Cherry bombs will actually set the thing off. Then just aim around till you smash them all, or at least till you get the key and run to the Lockjaw lock behind you. Viola! Ship done. All in all, I'd say Captain Jack Sparrow needs to do some dusting around his place, eh? I don't know about you, but I always get speared in that place... -_-

Hope that helps! Can you tell I'm a fan? ^^

--Shiranui
Icon by Riceboy.
I support the Alliance.

SpeakingRain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by SpeakingRain » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:51 pm

;D Thanks deary! This helped tons. (Although everything before cutting the string holding the barrel was unneeded xD) Lol but good explanation anyways!

Yesh... Okami fans rule! >:3

Shirra

Post by Shirra » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:52 pm

SpeakingRain wrote:;D Thanks deary! This helped tons. (Although everything before cutting the string holding the barrel was unneeded xD) Lol but good explanation anyways!

Yesh... Okami fans rule! >:3
Glad that helped! Beautiful avvie, by the way. One of my favorites. If you need anymore help, let me know--you can tell I'll be happy to give the information to you. ;) Okami has got to be among the best games for Wii or PS2.
Icon by Riceboy.
I support the Alliance.

rexyplexy
Pup
Pup

Post by rexyplexy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:37 am

Okami has got to be my all time favorite video game. I got it in december and I think that I'm almost done with it. (I'm in that Ark were you have to fight the bosses again, it was funny cause at first I was like "Those pictures look like all the bosses." and my brother was like "So which boss are you fighting first?" and I'm like "WHAT?!" lol :lol:)

Once I beat the game for PS2 I think I'll buy it for the Wii, and give it a try. I hope that the one for NDS will come out world wide! :D (I am a big Okami fan)

Was anyone else super creeped out on the ghost/sunken ship part?

SpeakingRain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by SpeakingRain » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:29 pm

Yeah... Lil bit. Not entirely though. The only parts that were a bit scary were when the spirits of the spider queen and the Crimson Helm attacked my face ._.' That aaaaand.... when you see the first giant demon sea weed hand. I was just minding my own busiess trotting into that room when the first giant hand came out of teh water and my heart just skipped a few beats X__X I didn't expect that at all...

LOL I just recently saved at Issun's Poncle Village... Can't wait to see what happens XDDD
I have th Wii version... and I love it. I personally think it's a bit cooler cause you can move the remote for the Celestial brush... and you can't do that for the PS2. Just an opinion. Not a fact. :3

Return to “Other Video Games”