Ōkami

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

rexyplexy
Pup
Pup

Re: Okami, for the PS2, and Wii

Post by rexyplexy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:14 pm

Thats what I was talking about. When the spirit of the Spider Queen showed up on my screen I nearly had a heart attack lol. I was minding my own buisness and I walked over to that entrence where she was and I'm like "What's that floating thing?" and I took a step closer, I regret that :| She apeared on my screen and I freaked out, and ran into that hall with all the spikes. (At the time i didn't know about the spikes, OUCH :oops: )

I was just playing Okami before I got on here. I defeated all those bosses that were on the ark, and now I have to beat Yumi (I forgot how to spell it, so I dont know if I spelt it right.) Man he is hard, and I feel so... Mortal :cry:

Anyone know how to beat him, I cant seem to avoid his attack where he brings out the axes and spins around. :cry: :?:

SpeakingRain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by SpeakingRain » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:32 pm

Same here... I saw her come eat my face and I thought "OHMAIGAWSH NO DON'T KILL ME" Then she disappeared... I got more freaked out with the Crimson Helm though... I ran down the hallway and didn't expect him... then POOM.

I'm afraid I can't help you there D: This is my first time playin' and I'm only at the Wawku Shrine. Sorry.

Nami gave me so much trouble when she was bathing and we tried to take the robe... Took me a while to realize that I couldn't run. Then when I grabbed the robe for the first time I'm all "Yeah" and I started to dash back... and she yelled at meh =P Lol ANYWAYS... Shiranui is prettier than meh
So... How 'bout them apples?

What'll it take to clear my tray?
To wash my pain and hurt away?
I know not whether you are there
To listen to my silly prayer.
But I know one thing for sure~
I want to find a life-long cure.

http://animefurrygirl12.deviantart.com/

rexyplexy
Pup
Pup

Post by rexyplexy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:04 am

I know it was pretty funny with Nami, because at first I just hopped over the little river thing (Which was a stupid idea :oops: ) Once I finally gotten the robe I ran away, like you said you did. lol it took me three tries.

Double U
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Double U » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:35 pm

i love Okami. it's definetly at the top of my top ten favorite video games list. i've beat it twice so far and getting a little closer to three times (im at Oni Island right now).... or maybe not after i think about it

Yami is really hard to beat even with the strongest weapons. i reccomment buying lots of holy bones, exorscism slip L, and other stuff like that one thing that brings up your strength a little and the other thing that deflects attacks (sorry i cant remember what they're called lol), Rexy. also use one of the three strongest weapons. that's all i can really do to help with Yami. oh and do a lot of jumping too, it can really save your skin :wink:
Through Success, we gain Prize
Through Failure, we gain Knowledge
Through Knowledge, we gain Success
Through Failure, we gain Success
Through Failure, we gain Prize
--by me

rexyplexy
Pup
Pup

Post by rexyplexy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Okay Thanks I'll try that. Jumping really does help in that game, I've noticed lol. In a lot of battles jumping helps when a enimie attacks. (I think Yami is so hard cause you dont have your brush powers, and I can no longer double-jump :cry: )

Vlad Dracula
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Vlad Dracula » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:02 pm

rexyplexy wrote:Okay Thanks I'll try that. Jumping really does help in that game, I've noticed lol. In a lot of battles jumping helps when a enimie attacks. (I think Yami is so hard cause you dont have your brush powers, and I can no longer double-jump :cry: )
I've noticed though when you battle with Waka jumping doesn't help very much. Just need to stand still and hit him repeatedly with a rosary.
Yami is a pain in the butt, and very time consuming...
Never protest your opinion here.

SpeakingRain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by SpeakingRain » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:18 am

I am in the ark right now and I just defeated the Spider Queen and Orochi once more.... *eek*

I will definitely be playing it more than once though! ^^
So... How 'bout them apples?

What'll it take to clear my tray?
To wash my pain and hurt away?
I know not whether you are there
To listen to my silly prayer.
But I know one thing for sure~
I want to find a life-long cure.

http://animefurrygirl12.deviantart.com/

rexyplexy
Pup
Pup

Post by rexyplexy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:01 am

Yay, last night I was playing Okami again and I finally defeated Yami. Thanks for the help Double U :D .

I did die a couple times but luckily it just started over at that form I was on. I dont think his last form (the hand thing) was really as hard as people say. I only died once (Thats because it was dark and I did not see the edge of the platform :oops: I fell of to my doom...)

I restarted the game, and I'm going to try and get the other Transformers (Aww I only got two)

Double U
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Double U » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:01 am

im glad i helped XD

yeah, the final version isn't exactly hard, it just takes forever to kill since it has really good defense and you have to dodge a lot...it always reminded me of the boss in Super Smash Brothers that was a hand lol
Through Success, we gain Prize
Through Failure, we gain Knowledge
Through Knowledge, we gain Success
Through Failure, we gain Success
Through Failure, we gain Prize
--by me

OkamiLuva
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by OkamiLuva » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:29 am

i have that game. i completed it like 30 times (NO JOKE!) i also found every stray bead and i got shiranui's transformer and her white flames and her solar flare! i also have every side-power, like rain, tornado, ultra power slash, and more! Okami is the best game i played in my entire life! i would recommend it to everyone who enjoys wolves and adventure. okami literally changed me!
Hi im 16 yrs old and i love wolves, german shepherds, australian kelpies, and more!i have a black wolf mix dog. her names jazmine. shes VERY aggresive lol!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:46 am

I have 92 of the 100 stray beads...so close to getting them all. I attempted defeating Blockhead Grande but I failed. >.>

Vlad Dracula
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Vlad Dracula » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:14 pm

Koa wrote:I have 92 of the 100 stray beads...so close to getting them all. I attempted defeating Blockhead Grande but I failed. >.>
If you have a felt marker, (or a crayon works too) You can write the numbers 1-8 on the TV where the blockheads weak points are, it makes it much easier. Just be sure to clean the TV afterwords. ;)
Never protest your opinion here.

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

Post by Riceboy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Once I played this game through I never wanted to play through it again. It was a great game but it's not something I want to take my time to re-play.
I could use something to eat.
i am ossan

I'm really, really hungry.

AisuTheWhiteWolf
Pup
Pup

Post by AisuTheWhiteWolf » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

I beat this game 4 times already :mrgreen: i have it for the wii and if you get used to the controls its not that hard
and right im beating it for the fifth time it never gets old for me and ive unlocked every thing too like all those
transformer things for Ammy and ive upgraded all the energy, ink pots, those food pouches, and the money thing too :mrgreen:

I dont mean to be a bragger :oops:
Last edited by AisuTheWhiteWolf on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube: Volcanostorm01

Avvie©AisuTheWhiteWolf/Volcanostorm01

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Koa wrote:I have 92 of the 100 stray beads...so close to getting them all. I attempted defeating Blockhead Grande but I failed. >.>
I've never been able to get that many Stray beads let alone 100 of them xD I've finnished this game at least over 10 times =P Also I hate it when your in the sunken ship! It completely scares me when the spirits of the Spiderqueen and Crimson Helm pop up right in front of you! I completely freaked out xD Anyways I love the Transformers that you get when you complete the game <3
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu