Assassin's Creed series *spoilers!*

Discuss other video games.

Moderator: Neamara

major-threat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Assassin's Creed series

Post by major-threat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Koa wrote:I think what made me love Brotherhood was the environment, Rome. Although I missed travelling from place to place like you would in AC2, it was a lot easier for me to get to know the map fairly well while still enjoying exploring because there was so many things to see in one map.
The locations was actually one of the major factors in why Brotherhood was the AC game I liked the least. If I like it at all. I just always felt like it was a big step-down from AC2, which was a step-down from AC. Revelations was a little better than Brotherhood, but it was still quite bad in my opinion.
. . . . . . . . . .. Adults deceive us with their senseless arguments:
. . . . . . .. The lecturers that appear in news programs -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. Criticise us with self-important attitudes.
https://bitly.com/SfvXE7 ~ ONE OK ROCK . . . .

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:52 pm

major-threat wrote:
Koa wrote:I think what made me love Brotherhood was the environment, Rome. Although I missed travelling from place to place like you would in AC2, it was a lot easier for me to get to know the map fairly well while still enjoying exploring because there was so many things to see in one map.
The locations was actually one of the major factors in why Brotherhood was the AC game I liked the least. If I like it at all. I just always felt like it was a big step-down from AC2, which was a step-down from AC. Revelations was a little better than Brotherhood, but it was still quite bad in my opinion.
I know you're the reverse of me in terms of what games you like, haha. I personally loved the magnificence of Rome and the architecture, and being able to freeroam and explore Rome as an assassin was a great experience. I played the first Assassin's Creed the other day, just to go back to it. It was fairly difficult to get back into, considering the controls/weapon properties have vastly changed over the course of many games (i.e., in AC2, ACB, and ACR, as well as AC3, I regularly rely on the hidden blade for fighting if I'm bored or get into a quick battle, as opposed to AC1 where it was somewhat difficult to attack a mass of guards with the hidden blade; countering is different in AC3 which is what I've mainly been playing recently; in ACR multiplayer, stunning was activated by pressing circle on the PS3 as opposed to AC3 multiplayer where you use square I believe, unless its still circle and I haven't noticed? etc.), and I easily found I wasn't as good as fighting as I used to be.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

Post by Riceboy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:01 pm

Deflect/hidden blade were my two main defenses in AC, so every time I go back to ACI I find myself a little lost.

As for Rome, I have to say that was also one of my favorite factors. I wasn't completely fond of Revelations but the environments were still quite beautiful all the same. I love the feeling of climbing up high places and seeing how vast everything is.

Also anyone else see the giant cephalopod monster in ACII?
I had to stop playing the game right then and there and get some one else to cross that part for me.
...Hate dark, underwater things.
I could use something to eat.
i am ossan

I'm really, really hungry.

major-threat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by major-threat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Koa wrote:I know you're the reverse of me in terms of what games you like, haha. I personally loved the magnificence of Rome and the architecture, and being able to freeroam and explore Rome as an assassin was a great experience. I played the first Assassin's Creed the other day, just to go back to it. It was fairly difficult to get back into, considering the controls/weapon properties have vastly changed over the course of many games (i.e., in AC2, ACB, and ACR, as well as AC3, I regularly rely on the hidden blade for fighting if I'm bored or get into a quick battle, as opposed to AC1 where it was somewhat difficult to attack a mass of guards with the hidden blade; countering is different in AC3 which is what I've mainly been playing recently; in ACR multiplayer, stunning was activated by pressing circle on the PS3 as opposed to AC3 multiplayer where you use square I believe, unless its still circle and I haven't noticed? etc.), and I easily found I wasn't as good as fighting as I used to be.
Haha, too right! Though I did find AC Rome a fantastic place; it all just seemed very constant to me (if that's the right term). I loved being able to move from location to location at will on the other games, so to me, Brotherhood felt very constricting. But in terms of gameplay; I agree with you. The controls in AC were pretty darn difficult compared to the ones in later games. I'm glad that they made it somewhat harder in AC3, as by the time it came to Brotherhood/Revelations it was really quite easy to just stand there, counter attack and do not much else. Combat did change throughout each game, and personally, I feel it was the only thing which got better consistently over each of the games, despite how it takes a little more time to get used to in AC3. I feel like a schmuck for using the sword in AC now. But, I'd always preferred the environment in AC the most. I think the whole game just appeared a lot darker than the other ones (and not in terms of plot). Idk, I've always just liked the original game the most.

@Randy: Yes! I did see it, and it creeped me out. I ended upfinishing the level anyway, but I got all scared when swimming back - I thought it was going to be like in Jak and Daxter where sharks jump out the water and eat you. ;___;
. . . . . . . . . .. Adults deceive us with their senseless arguments:
. . . . . . .. The lecturers that appear in news programs -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. Criticise us with self-important attitudes.
https://bitly.com/SfvXE7 ~ ONE OK ROCK . . . .

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:25 pm

Randoven wrote:Deflect/hidden blade were my two main defenses in AC, so every time I go back to ACI I find myself a little lost.

As for Rome, I have to say that was also one of my favorite factors. I wasn't completely fond of Revelations but the environments were still quite beautiful all the same. I love the feeling of climbing up high places and seeing how vast everything is.

Also anyone else see the giant cephalopod monster in ACII?
I had to stop playing the game right then and there and get some one else to cross that part for me.
...Hate dark, underwater things.
YEEES, I came upon that accidentally, too. I get scared very easily so it freaked me out... but I didn't let it stop me. XD Nice easter egg. Were there any in ACB/ACR at all, that you recall?
major-threat wrote:
Koa wrote:I know you're the reverse of me in terms of what games you like, haha. I personally loved the magnificence of Rome and the architecture, and being able to freeroam and explore Rome as an assassin was a great experience. I played the first Assassin's Creed the other day, just to go back to it. It was fairly difficult to get back into, considering the controls/weapon properties have vastly changed over the course of many games (i.e., in AC2, ACB, and ACR, as well as AC3, I regularly rely on the hidden blade for fighting if I'm bored or get into a quick battle, as opposed to AC1 where it was somewhat difficult to attack a mass of guards with the hidden blade; countering is different in AC3 which is what I've mainly been playing recently; in ACR multiplayer, stunning was activated by pressing circle on the PS3 as opposed to AC3 multiplayer where you use square I believe, unless its still circle and I haven't noticed? etc.), and I easily found I wasn't as good as fighting as I used to be.
Haha, too right! Though I did find AC Rome a fantastic place; it all just seemed very constant to me (if that's the right term). I loved being able to move from location to location at will on the other games, so to me, Brotherhood felt very constricting. But in terms of gameplay; I agree with you. The controls in AC were pretty darn difficult compared to the ones in later games. I'm glad that they made it somewhat harder in AC3, as by the time it came to Brotherhood/Revelations it was really quite easy to just stand there, counter attack and do not much else. Combat did change throughout each game, and personally, I feel it was the only thing which got better consistently over each of the games, despite how it takes a little more time to get used to in AC3. I feel like a schmuck for using the sword in AC now. But, I'd always preferred the environment in AC the most. I think the whole game just appeared a lot darker than the other ones (and not in terms of plot). Idk, I've always just liked the original game the most.

@Randy: Yes! I did see it, and it creeped me out. I ended upfinishing the level anyway, but I got all scared when swimming back - I thought it was going to be like in Jak and Daxter where sharks jump out the water and eat you. ;___;
Revelations was slightly more difficult with the addition of the janissaries, especially if you fought them without much armor and didn't know how to fight them. Personally, I enjoyed the combat the most in ACB because it was somewhat smoother than it was in AC II imo but you didn't have the janissaries/their new tactics like you had in ACR. The only enemies that I found incredibly annoying or occassionally interrupted my killstreak were the spearmen. AC3 is relatively different in its attack system but I found it quite refreshing and easy once you got used to it. Although easy, its provided a lot of new visuals and animations that keep it fresh/still entertaining.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:03 am

Double posting because Assassin's Creed IV (leave me alone). Ican't. They better be keeping artifact assault. :/ That is all. icant

I don't know whether to be excited, disappointed, or scared. Or all three. I was hoping they'd go with a female protagonist, but apparently not.

EDIT:
ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG
Main Character : Edward Kenway (Haytham Kenway's Father//Connor Kenway's Grandfather)
Set in early 18th century (preceding events of ACIII)
Occupation : British pirate trained by Assassins, owner/captain of Jackdaw (ship)
Gameplay Information : Open-world experience; ablity to visit over 50 land-based locations, heavy emphasis on naval warfare/fighting & exploration. Potential underwater gameplay. Dual-wielding-type combat returns w/ sword and gun emphasis (ablity to wield four guns at once unlocked later in the game)
Main Cities:
Nassau, Bahamas
Havana, Cuba
Kingston, Jamaica

Information courtesy of;
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/04/re ... s-creed-iv

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:43 pm

Still no home console female protagonist? ; - ; WHY?!
Koa wrote:I don't know whether to be excited, disappointed, or scared.

^ This. Yay for hunts going wrong and flying-through-void assassin-y goodness ¬.¬" Anywho, updated the first post to reflect AC3 and AC4.

I plan on hanging back on buying AC4 for a while; all the bugs/glitches found to date just ruins the gameplay, and doesn't bode well for the development as interesting as some of the findings can be...
*pokes the forum with a 10ft pole*
it's (still) dead jim

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[
Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Assassin's Creed series *spoilers!*

Post by Koa » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Now that I've had time to think about the game and go over the trailers, I'm actually fairly excited. As long as they keep Artifact Assault, I'm fine, as I don't see a reason for them to get rid of it. I am excited that they will be making the mission optional objectives either so you have more leeway. It should be easier to get any Perfectionist/Completionist trophies, too. I'm having a terrible time with AC3 getting full sync.

Spardalet
Name: Spardy/Spards

Post by Spardalet » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:30 am

Ah yes, That awesome game... I have AC Brotherhood & AC Bloodlines. Me & my big brother are thinking to buy AC Revelations what do you say guys? Should we buy it or not?
I WILL CONSUME THEE
- ------------------------
-------------------------------I AM I AM

No doubt you've got some fun planned for me.

-------------------------------------------------
デビル メイ クライ ダンテ×バージル
ダンテの兄バージルがプレイ可能になったバージョン。
ダンテは父スパーダを冷酷な悪魔と評している。

Avvi/Sig: 【RICEBOY

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Secret Love wrote:Ah yes, That awesome game... I have AC Brotherhood & AC Bloodlines. Me & my big brother are thinking to buy AC Revelations what do you say guys? Should we buy it or not?
ACR is a fairly short game, but it is the last game of Ezio's trilogy and its ending, in my opinion, is one of the better endings out of all the games. Location-wise, Constantinople (Istanbul) is where the game takes place, though you can visit Cappadochia (story-related) and another off-map location (non-story related). It's an interesting city but it depends on your preference, really, compared to Rome. Combat is decent, but Janissaries can be difficult to fight once starting out. As far as its difficulty level in general goes, it isn't too bad. In regards to the story itself, the plot isn't either, but again, the game is also short and sometimes the plot may feel rushed.

Spardalet
Name: Spardy/Spards

Post by Spardalet » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:26 am

Koa wrote:
Secret Love wrote:Ah yes, That awesome game... I have AC Brotherhood & AC Bloodlines. Me & my big brother are thinking to buy AC Revelations what do you say guys? Should we buy it or not?
ACR is a fairly short game, but it is the last game of Ezio's trilogy and its ending, in my opinion, is one of the better endings out of all the games. Location-wise, Constantinople (Istanbul) is where the game takes place, though you can visit Cappadochia (story-related) and another off-map location (non-story related). It's an interesting city but it depends on your preference, really, compared to Rome. Combat is decent, but Janissaries can be difficult to fight once starting out. As far as its difficulty level in general goes, it isn't too bad. In regards to the story itself, the plot isn't either, but again, the game is also short and sometimes the plot may feel rushed.

Thanks for the information Koa! I think my brother will buy it :D
I WILL CONSUME THEE
- ------------------------
-------------------------------I AM I AM

No doubt you've got some fun planned for me.

デビル メイ クライ ダンテ×バージル
ダンテの兄バージルがプレイ可能になったバージョン。
ダンテは父スパーダを冷酷な悪魔と評している。

Avvi/Sig: 【RICEBOY

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Gameplay video just came out a few hours ago.

What do you guys think? I'm even more excited than I was before, although I think I will have a difficult time adjusting to the underwater gameplay...

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:18 pm

Underwater gameplay? Gah. I need to pick Black Flag up at some point... the trailer looks interesting and spoilers aren't helping. ._.

But on the bright side... sometimes glitches are worth playing for.

Go home AC engine, you're a little tipsy.
*pokes the forum with a 10ft pole*
it's (still) dead jim

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[
Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

wolvesFTW-_-145
Pup
Pup

Post by wolvesFTW-_-145 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:24 am

yeah, I need it too