ourWorld

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Serperior_123
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

ourWorld

Post by Serperior_123 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:32 pm

ourWorld is a virtual world containing a range of online games and activities. It was developed by FlowPlay, and aimed at the teen and tween community of people.

GamePlay

ourWorld combines an online virtual world with a range of casual gaming activities. Each player has an avatar and a condo which can be decorated.

An in-game currency, "Flow", is earned by talking, dancing, eating and drinking, and playing games. Flow can be exchanged for experience points and coins. ourWorld operates on a microtransaction business model which allows players to purchase in-game "gems". Coins and gems are used to buy items for their avatar such as clothing, accessories or furniture. As players earn experience, they level up. This earns them prizes such as dance moves, access to new areas, vehicles, and privileges.

Players can also talk to each other, request friendship, gift items, create groups, send and receive mail, participate in contests and give "hearts". In 2013, Popularity, Marriage and Adoption were among the new features added, allowing wedding-rings to be exchanged and a player to become a child of another. Residents are people who have purchased one of several levels of residency cards, or pay money for monthly gems and special places.

There are some "special" items in ourWorld. These may include vehicles, tattoos, mystery boxes, sprites, inventories, residency passes, potions, wings, and ears/horns. Vehicles include skates, hoverboards, cars, skateboards, and jet-packs and the recently added dragons. These can sometimes be earned by leveling up others can be earned any level by gems. Sprites are animals that follow players' avatars around. Inventories increase the number of items players can keep in their inventory and photo album. Residency passes allow players to gain residency without buying a residency card. Potions allow players to change their avatar's appearance in ways they cannot usually do (some kinds of food also do that). Mystery boxes (such as the Zodiac Mystery Box and the Bento Mystery Box) contain random items that belong in a certain theme. Previously, players could only visibly reach Level 100 (players would continue to level up after that but it would not show on their profiles), however in October 2012, the visible cap was lifted to 150.

History

Development on ourWorld began in January 2007 with a public Beta launch in April 2008. Since then the product has received over 600,000 registrations. The company built the world with a team of 40 employees and contractors in Seattle, Shanghai, and India. In March 2007, Derrick Morton, the CEO of FlowPlay, raised about $500,000 in angel financing for the new company, with about one-quarter of that coming from the founders.

In June 2009, FlowPlay announced a partnership with PopCap Games resulting in the launch of a PopCap Arcade and Bejeweled Jewelry Store in its 1.7 million user ourWorld.com virtual world.

In February 10, 2009, FlowPlay announced that it had completed a long-term distribution agreement with Miniclip, LTD. FlowPlay’s ourWorld was integrated into the Miniclip.com website – the largest online game destination in the world.

In March 2010, Tagged.com, the third largest social networking site in the US, announced the integration of FlowPlay’s ourWorld.com. The partnership advances Tagged’s movement into online social gaming and expands their portfolio of innovative products for Tagged’s 80 million worldwide registered members.

This game is very good. For those of you that like to roleplay in WolfQuest as humans, this is the game for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OurWorld

http://web2.ourworld.com/ow/?env=home

Serperior_123
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: ourWorld

Post by Serperior_123 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:52 am

I really enjoy it, myself. I play it every chance I get. I guess you can call me obsessed o____o

Thypaella
Pup
Pup

Post by Thypaella » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:49 pm

I used to play that game in 5th grade <:
►KILL THE SOUND◄
˜*°.˜*°v°*˜.°*˜

˜*°.˜*°v°*˜.°*˜
" - !"

...........http://k-eesri.deviantart.com/

...............Keesha02

Paradiigm
Name: Atlas

Post by Paradiigm » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:40 am

Omg I still play this and I've played since 2009. If you want to add me my username is TacoHo
☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾
Here in the Land of the Forgotten, we live to please the dead. The living no longer matter.
"Will you stay?" "Will you stay?"
Sig: Para // Av: Lupe

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:21 pm

This looks interesting, I'll have to check it out.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

Paradiigm
Name: Atlas

Post by Paradiigm » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:59 am

And actually I changed my name on ourworld, pm if you want it.
Here in the Land of the Forgotten, we live to please the dead. The living no longer matter.
"Will you stay?" "Will you stay?"
Sig: Para // Av: Lupe