Undertale

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Undertale

Post by paperpaws » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:17 am

Semper Solus wrote:I lost my files too, but the files from the whole game, not just the same files. I gotta rebuy the game I think, not sure what to do.
Something weird happened after my laptop crashed; poof, files gone. ;_;
I really wanna play the game again.
Hm... You definitely should not have to buy the game again. Try seeing if you still have the download link provided in your e-mail, otherwise, try entering your e-mail here? https://www.humblebundle.com/resender

On a side note, I think your version came with a Steam key as well - it might be a good idea to redeem that, so you've got the Steam version just in case something ever goes wrong with the DRM-free copy again.

Let me know if you can find it! <3

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:15 pm

Yeah for some reason the files from the Steam version and thus that key were lost... Whenever I try to open up the game it shows an error saying certain files might be missing... I will look into it when I get the chance.
DeviantArt Artstation Instagram Weasyl Newgrounds
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

Airamyst
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Airamyst » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:22 pm

Semper Solus wrote:Yeah for some reason the files from the Steam version and thus that key were lost... Whenever I try to open up the game it shows an error saying certain files might be missing... I will look into it when I get the chance.
I never received a steam key with mine that I know of. Actually on my steam account it never said I had the game either so some of the features and the achievements I couldn't access .3.

ʙʀɪɴɢ ʙ

''You either run from things, or you face them, Mr. White.''
''And what exactly does that mean?''
''I learned it in rehab. It's all about accepting who you really are. I accept who I am.''
"And who are you?"
ϟ "I'm the bad guy." ϟ
- Jesse and Walter
Av/Sig © Jeames/Lupa

ArisenFlames
Name: Ari, Flames, Flame

Post by ArisenFlames » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:31 pm

Done two true pacifist runs and now i'm up to the boss in Genocide, the only redeeming factor that makes me look past the rage-inducing fight is the very awesome music.

WolvesRme
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by WolvesRme » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:47 pm

Being honest, I loved the game and I was apart of it's fandom.
But then the fandom began to grow, and grow, and grow. And as it grew, it became toxic. The 10 year old children, the NSFW artists, the shippers that created ships that can be considered abuse or pedophilia. All this made me leave the fandom, and the more people kept shoving it down my throat the more sicken I became with the game. Needless to say, I still love the game but HATE the fandom.
Toby Fox is a genius for creating so many secrets for you to find, and I love it. He thought of everything, even if you simply went through the soundtrack and changed it a bit.

Jeames

Post by Jeames » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:49 pm

This thread is still alive, wow.

Yeah, the fandom can be a real bummer at times. I'm a fan, but I do not ship anyone. I just enjoy the game for it's humor and jokes.
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:26 pm

My only "ship" is Chara and Frisk, and it's totally a crack pairing. Not serious at all. Same thing Toriel and Sans. I mean c'mon, Toriel belongs with Asgore, but I'm here for the ridiculous puns.

So I beat Neutral several times, I got the one where you spare everybody but don't quite get the true pacifist ending (I didn't realize I could go back and befriend Undyne), the one where only Mettaton survives, and the one where you kill all bosses so the Annoying Dog becomes ruler of the Underground. I want to do a Genocide route, not because I just have this blood lust to kill for no reason, but because I want to go through all the Genocide boss fights because they look so amazingly fun. But I don't want to taint my save file. My theory was that right after you killed Sans and then reset right before you entered the throne room, the effects of a Genocide will not last. If I do that, will it work?

Rook-the-Gladiator
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Rook-the-Gladiator » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:01 am

I love Undertale. After I watched a play through and played the game myself I got all my friends addicted to it. Undertale will always hold a dear place in my heart.
Rooks with me

Airamyst
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Airamyst » Mon May 09, 2016 12:49 pm

I still gotta buy the game again, since I can't seem to get the other one back. .3."
Kinda miss playing it and I never did get a chance to beat it. Though I have seen all the endings from watching YouTubers play lol.

ʙʀɪɴɢ ʙ

''I learned it in rehab. It's all about accepting who you really are. I accept who I am.''
"And who are you?"
ϟ "I'm the bad guy." ϟ
- Jesse and Walter
Av/Sig © Jeames/Lupa

Jeames

Post by Jeames » Mon May 09, 2016 2:31 pm

I got it back!
Though I might just play it for fun, and not for YouTube. xD
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

Writers Block
Name: Mika, Lynx

Post by Writers Block » Mon May 09, 2016 8:08 pm

RabidLynx wrote:My only "ship" is Chara and Frisk, and it's totally a crack pairing. Not serious at all. Same thing Toriel and Sans. I mean c'mon, Toriel belongs with Asgore, but I'm here for the ridiculous puns.

So I beat Neutral several times, I got the one where you spare everybody but don't quite get the true pacifist ending (I didn't realize I could go back and befriend Undyne), the one where only Mettaton survives, and the one where you kill all bosses so the Annoying Dog becomes ruler of the Underground. I want to do a Genocide route, not because I just have this blood lust to kill for no reason, but because I want to go through all the Genocide boss fights because they look so amazingly fun. But I don't want to taint my save file. My theory was that right after you killed Sans and then reset right before you entered the throne room, the effects of a Genocide will not last. If I do that, will it work?
I know a friend who wanted to fight Sans, so she somehow managed to get a file of the game where it starts right at Sans' fight, and then she backed up her UT save files on a memory stick so that after she fought Sans she could delete that file and reboot her pacifist games. Maybe you can back up your files in a similar way?

Alternatively, you could borrow a friend/family member's computer and do a no mercy run on their computer, and then your computer can keep the pacifist run files, hah. That's what I'm doing - my laptop is just neutral/pacifist runs and my desktop is my (still unfinished) no mercy run.
we are not history yet.
we are happening now.
how miraculous is that?
avvie©mute
quote©wtnv

Airamyst
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Airamyst » Wed May 18, 2016 2:58 pm

Jeames wrote:I got it back!
Though I might just play it for fun, and not for YouTube. xD
I still got to buy it again (waiting and hoping it goes on sale soon), but I know it will be hard for me to get back up where I was. For some reason I kinda suck at the game XD

ʙʀɪɴɢ ʙ

"And who are you?"
ϟ "I'm the bad guy." ϟ
- Jesse and Walter
Av/Sig © Jeames/Lupa

Geronino
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Ari!

Post by Geronino » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:23 pm

Honestly, I've never played this game before, but I've seen that it's really popular pretty much antywhere. I know a few of the characters (Sans, Papyrus, Nicecream Man...). but other than that I'm clueless. I'm considering playing it though, and I'm sure I won't regret it.
`·.`·.`·.`·.`·.(`·.¸ ¸.·´).·´.·´.·´.·´.·´
ι нανє ησт ƒαιє
ι'νє נυѕт ƒσυη 10,000 ωαуѕ тнαт ωση'т ωσяк
`.¸¸.`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´.¸¸.´
:: av/sig/quote/LupinzPack/Samber/Thomas A. Edison ::

Jeames

Post by Jeames » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:34 pm

I have the game back but I sort of forgot it existed, oops.
Better get back into it and actually start playing it.
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

Geronino
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Ari!

Post by Geronino » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:46 pm

Okay, yasssssss!! Finally got the game! So proud of myself :D

AND YES I PAID FOR IT WITH MY OWN MONEY WITH MY OWN SWEAT AND BLOOD

DX DX