twinlinskis
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: mary

Subnautica

Post by twinlinskis » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:09 am

Subnautica on Steam wrote:
  • About This Game
Subnautica is an open world, underwater exploration and adventure game currently under construction at Unknown Worlds, the independent developer behind Natural Selection 2.
  • Dive Into a Vast Underwater World
After crash landing on an alien ocean world, the only way to go is down. Subnautica's oceans range from sun drenched shallow coral reefs to treacherous deep-sea trenches. Manage your oxygen supply as you explore Kelp Forests, plateaus, reefs, and winding cave systems. The water teems with life: Some of it helpful, much of it harmful.
  • Scavenge, Craft, and Survive
After waking up in your Life Pod, the clock is ticking to find water, food, and to develop the equipment you need to explore. Collect resources from the ocean around you. Craft knives, lights, diving gear and personal water craft. Venture deeper and further form to find rarer resources, allowing you to craft more advanced items.
  • Construct Underwater Habitats
Build bases on the sea floor. Choose layouts and components, and manage hull-integrity as depth and pressure increase. Use your base to store resources, park vehicles, and replenish oxygen supplies as you explore the vast ocean.
  • Disrupt the Food Chain
The ocean teems with life: Use the ecosystem to help you. Lure and distract a threatening creature with a fresh fish, or simply swim as fast as you can to avoid gnashing jaws of roaming predators.
  • Fear the Night
As the sun goes down, the predators come out. The ocean is unforgiving of those caught unawares in the darkness. Areas that are safe to explore during the day become treacherous at night, but also reveal a beauty that those who hide from the darkness will never see.
  • Shape the World
The Subnautica sea-floor is presented using a dynamic voxel terrain system. Dig caves to hide, store loot, or short-circuit cave systems. Impacts from vehicles, or even exploding creatures, will change the way the world looks.
  • Go Below The Deep
Cave systems wind below the sea bed, from dark claustrophobic passages to caverns lit by bio-luminescent life. Explore the world below the ocean floor, but watch your oxygen levels, and take care to avoid the threats lurking in the darkness.
  • Open Development
Get weekly or daily updates, see what the development team is working on, view real time change logs, and give feedback from inside the game. Subnautica Early Access development is open, and the development team wants to hear from you.
  • About the Development Team
Subnautica is being created by Unknown Worlds, a small studio founded by Charlie Cleveland and Max McGuire that traces its roots back to the 2003 Half-Life mod Natural Selection. The team is scattered around the globe, from the United States to the United Kingdom, France, the Czech Republic, Russia, Thailand, Australia, and many more places. There is a central office in San Francisco, California that serves as home base for the whole team.
i may or may not have gone overboard with the colors but!! subnautica! i didn't see a topic about it and i was actually pretty surprised, considering the game is fairly popular and has a good standing within the gaming community. i'd love to hear about your experiences with the game, your frustrations, and what you love about it. :')

edit: NO ONE SAW MY EPIC MESS UP, JUST SO WE'RE CLEAR.
............ ............
Tʜ ɴɪɢʜ ɪs ʟɴɢ
Aɴ ʜ ʜ ɪs ʀ.
L ʜ sʏ
Fʀ ɴ ʏ sɴ
Tʜ ɴ ɪʟʟ .
sig © twinlinskis

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Re: subnautica

Post by Jeames » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:01 pm

Aaaah, I want this game but I cannot buy it! So I watch Markiplier play it, instead. c:
He makes it look so cool. xD
. - Jeames - .

For the last time,
I am a STICK okay?!?!
Oh and I own Paradiigm.
Now I must go annoy Dom.
sig/av ↝ Paradiigm/noir_187

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

Post by Riceboy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:40 pm

I'm too scared of the water to play. Help.
I could use something to eat.
i am ossan

I'm really, really hungry.

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:07 am

Ooo yeah, I've been enjoying this! It doesn't work too well on my PC, but... It runs. Hah.

I really love how open the dev team is about their planned updates and the like. That definitely contributed to me buying the game, since I'm generally pretty suspicious of the Early Access label.

I haven't really played the farming update yet, but I do mean to since building up a base is probably my favourite part of the game so far. Exploring would be mire enjoyable if my graphics weren't awful and if I wasn't afraid of bumping into the Leviathan or any of its little friends. I heard it screech and noped right out of wherever I was, ha.

Silver Mist Wolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Silver Mist Wolf » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:44 pm

I'd like to try it at some point, but for now I just watch Jacksepticeye play it. And it's not a horror game, but that Leviathan would scare the soul out of me if I played it myself. I get frightened easily.

avatar/signature © Jeames/twinlinskis

twinlinskis
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: mary

Post by twinlinskis » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:50 pm

the game is honestly really fun. i love that it's constantly being updated and new things are being implemented :') i've currently gotten a rad sea base near the spawn point and now i'm thinking about making sea bases in every biome. i really love the grand reef biome (the one with the floating ball things) so i'm probably going to make a really big base down there.
Tʜ ɴɪɢʜ ɪs ʟɴɢ
Aɴ ʜ ʜ ɪs ʀ.
L ʜ sʏ
Fʀ ɴ ʏ sɴ
Tʜ ɴ ɪʟʟ .
sig © twinlinskis

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:15 pm

Honestly I've never played it. I only watches some gameplay videos by either Markiplier or Jacksepticeye out of pure boredom, the game sure seems interesting. I might give it a try.
I ran out of snarky remarks, unfortunately.

Kereudio
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Maya

Post by Kereudio » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:49 am

Hey! I'm reviving this because the game is only a few months out from it's version 1.0 release; Unknown Worlds is currently predicting a january release.

Lot's of things have been added and changed since this thread last updated, among them is the endgame in the story. You can currently do everything except escape the planet.

[spoiler]You can cure yourself of the carar virus by using the enzyme's produced by the baby emperor leviathans, which you can now hatch as well, allowing the Emperor Leviathan to finally let go and die peacefully. With this, you can disable the gun, and once that is disabled, you can build the rocket and leave. The rocket, while technically in game, is developer blacklisted, meaning you cannot actually spawn it in without having the game, something the devs don't want you doing.[/spoiler]

Also, I'd just like to point out the cuddlefish update. You can now have these adorable fat sacks of cute: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/sub ... 0909192227 that can swim around with you and you can play with. it's all very adorable ;a;

As always, you can follow the development of the game on the trello: https://trello.com/b/yxoJrFgP/subnautica-development it is what the dev team uses to communicate with each other about what needs to be done, if you go looking, you can find unlisted videos and other cool things!

I implore anyone playing this game to show off your bases. With the addition of aesthetic elements like tables and science stations, I wanna see what you've done with your home away from home! I have a few sitting in creative mode, I'll throw them in here when I next start up the game.

Also: to anyone currently unsure about buying this game due to it's early access status: buy it. The dev teams are discussing raising the price at full release, so I recommend getting it now while it's a guaranteed $20.

Full disclaimer: I have no idea what stage of development this game was in when this thread was last posted in, but we're talking a year and a half nearly of development at this point. You can check the changelog over on the wiki: http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Update_History
I was writing in order to live.
osamu dazai

av: lupinzpack

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Subnautica

Post by paperpaws » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:29 am

mayaafeys wrote:Full disclaimer: I have no idea what stage of development this game was in when this thread was last posted in, but we're talking a year and a half nearly of development at this point. You can check the changelog over on the wiki: http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Update_History
Based on my last post, I think the Farming Update had been the latest release? I haven't played the game since well before that, although I have been and am intending to. Do you know if the optimisation has gotten any better in the meantime? My horrid GT 520 could barely run it, but my updated GPU is an AMD one and the game is not a fan of AMD. I suppose I could still try to run it and see if it heats up my room nicely in the process, heh.
mayaafeys wrote:I implore anyone playing this game to show off your bases. With the addition of aesthetic elements like tables and science stations, I wanna see what you've done with your home away from home! I have a few sitting in creative mode, I'll throw them in here when I next start up the game.
This honestly sounds exciting. Do you have an example of a nice base (whether it's your own or on YouTube/screenshots)? I'll definitely show you when/if I ever get back to the game.

Kereudio
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Maya

Post by Kereudio » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:25 pm

Anduril wrote:Do you know if the optimisation has gotten any better in the meantime? My horrid GT 520 could barely run it, but my updated GPU is an AMD one and the game is not a fan of AMD. I suppose I could still try to run it and see if it heats up my room nicely in the process, heh.
Yes! When I first bought it I had a lot of optimization and stability issues too, and I'm running a 755m. I'm not too sure on the AMD optimization front, but I have noticed a definite improvement since I bought it and now - for example, I can now crank it up to the highest quality settings and experience no lag, whereas previously I was struggling while entering the Creepvine forests on the lowest ones. According to the trello, we're seeing a huge focus on optimization in the patches before version 1.0 (seeing as how the cuddlefish update was the last content based update until then).

Anduril wrote:This honestly sounds exciting. Do you have an example of a nice base (whether it's your own or on YouTube/screenshots)? I'll definitely show you when/if I ever get back to the game.
: -)

this is my first attempt at a nicely decorated base, i intend to build more bases at some point in cooler places, like the lost river and the crater, but eh, thats a task for another day XD
I was writing in order to live.
osamu dazai

av: lupinzpack

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:40 am

PSA: From now until December 27th, Subnautica is free* from the Epic Games website- https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... utica/home
* = You'll need an epicgames.com account.
I don't fear death -- I fear people.

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[
Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

TimberRaven
Name: I am Hugh

Post by TimberRaven » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:16 pm

I love this game. It's mEzMeRizing
I made a tiny base with a counter and trash can but can't find Mobile Vehicle Bay stuff... (will post screenshot soon :3)

Edit: Who else keeps track of how many stalkers follow you to your base on accident? My best record is 6, and they all followed me from the Creepvine biome XD
Spoiler:
MOOO :cow:
Spoiler:
ET phone home???
Spoiler:
Shut up, Wesley!
Spoiler:
Make it so.
Spoiler:
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Instead, put baking soda in it and watch it explode :twisted:
Spoiler:
Chirp's cool
Spoiler:
Owww! :wolf:
Spoiler:
It's broccoli O.O :tree:
Spoiler:
You have eyebrows
Spoiler:
You're still reading these?? *huggles*

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:58 am

Has anyone played Below Zero yet?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8484 ... elow_Zero/

It looks interesting and I love the original game, but I am also sceptical towards whether this game has anything to offer the original title did not. I'll likely save this one for watching playthroughs of as I'm still curious to see what they've done with the environment and whatnot.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:18 pm

I just started playing Subnautica, it's an amazing little game. I'm not that far in (not much time to play games anymore) and I don't have the DLC...but the game is ecologically interesting. So many cool creatures! :mrgreen:
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

The Chemist
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Ari!

Post by The Chemist » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:58 pm

Ohhh I managed to snag this game for free on the Epic Games Store and I am in love with it! I haven't gotten that far in the game but it's extremely well-built and I absolutely adore everything about this game
`·.`·.`·.`·.`·.(`·.¸ ¸.·´).·´.·´.·´.·´.·´
ι нανє ησт ƒαιє
ι'νє נυѕт ƒσυη 10,000 ωαуѕ тнαт ωση'т ωσяк
`.¸¸.`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´.¸¸.´
:: av/sig/quote/monochromemedic/Samber/Thomas A. Edison ::

Return to “Other Video Games”