Stardew Valley

Discuss other video games.

Moderator: Neamara

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Stardew Valley

Post by Sambhur » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:33 pm

Description from Steam:
You've inherited your grandfather's old farm plot in Stardew Valley. Armed with hand-me-down tools and a few coins, you set out to begin your new life. Can you learn to live off the land and turn these overgrown fields into a thriving home? It won't be easy. Ever since Joja Corporation came to town, the old ways of life have all but disappeared. The community center, once the town's most vibrant hub of activity, now lies in shambles. But the valley seems full of opportunity. With a little dedication, you might just be the one to restore Stardew Valley to greatness!

I got this game a couple of days ago during the summer sale and I'm REALLY loving it! I can see why it's had 'Overwhelming Positive' user reviews on Steam for as long as I can remember.

Anyone else play this? Have you married someone? ;) I've only just started out so I don't have much to say for myself.
freelance artist/illustrator // biology student and wildlife enthusiast // sometimes i draw things for WQ

[instagram] [facebook] [twitter] [prints]
[click here to tell me what to draw]

twinlinskis
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: mary

Re: Stardew Valley

Post by twinlinskis » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:40 pm

i literally JUST bought this game today :') i already have the bridge down at the beach rebuilt but i lowkey don't know where to go beyond that little step.

but i already really love this game! i've always appreciated pixel graphics and this game has sort of renewed that appreciation. c:
............ ............
Tʜ ɴɪɢʜ ɪs ʟɴɢ
Aɴ ʜ ʜ ɪs ʀ.
L ʜ sʏ
Fʀ ɴ ʏ sɴ
Tʜ ɴ ɪʟʟ .
............ ............
sig © twinlinskis

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:13 am

I think I got this shortly after its initial release, having been a fan of the Harvest Moon series in the past. I believe I got to the autumn of year 2 or so when I lost interest again. Tempted to pick it back up, but I JUST got a new graphics card so I want to experiment with some graphics-heavier game first... :)

I did get married, but I completely forgot the name of the character. It's the red haired girl who lives just out of town. I have to say that the available marriage candidates did disappoint me a bit; hardly any of them, especially the male ones, really appealed to me in any way.

By the way, be sure to build a silo(?) before making a chicken coop or any other animal housing. It stores fodder for you that you can harvest by cutting the grass on your fields, so it saves you having to buy any.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:39 pm

Oooh, looks very much like Harvest Moon. I'll have to check it out...
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:00 pm

I've watched LPs of this on youtube and this game looks amazing! The story is great, the characters are all fun and unique, it's just a pleasant game overall! I'm just waiting until I either have money or the game goes on sale on Steam to get it....

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:10 pm

So I bought this, and I'm 40 hours in. Its an excellent game for sure, but does get repetitive at times. That being said, its well worth the money even if you don't get it on a sale.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

ArisenFlames
Name: Ari, Flames, Flame

Post by ArisenFlames » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:20 am

Love this game and looking forward to the completed Multiplayer feature. At the moment it looks like it will be officially released in early 2018. In the meantime, the multiplayer mod is actually very good.

Return to “Other Video Games”