The Last Guardian

Discuss other video games.

Moderator: Neamara

TacticianLyra
Pup
Pup

The Last Guardian

Post by TacticianLyra » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:13 pm

I didn't see a dedicated topic to it, so here one appears.
I unfortunately can't get the game myself because I'm still stuck with my ancient PS2 that is somehow still mostly functional, but I can squee over Trico's adorableness through YT videos.
Though I am wondering: are the controls really as atrocious as people say there are, or are they just something that you have to adapt to?

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Re: The Last Guardian

Post by SolitaryHowl » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:39 pm

I haven't played it either (I don't have anything from Sony past PS2), but I've seen youtube playthroughs of it. It looks amazing, though not worth buying a whole console for it.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

LupinzPack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Lupe
Location: aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Post by LupinzPack » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Unfortunately I also haven't played it myself, and only watched playthroughs cause of an outdated system as well.

A lot of people have stated that the controls are definitely not the best, and the camera is pretty difficult to work with. I noticed while watching the game that the camera got frustrating, both for the player and for myself. Maybe a large part of the control difficulty has to do with the fact you can't see where you're going half the time? I don't know though =/

That aside, I'm absolutely in love with this game. Its beautiful and the story was lovely. I almost got myself a PS4 just to play it, but I figured I should probably get an education instead. Rip.

════════
Okay, you've got 30 of my seconds.
Thrill me.
═════════════
Av / Sig - Lupinz

Uzumaaki
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Uzumaaki » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:28 pm

awhhhh its such a cute little game. ending made me cry lots of tears
i adored shadow of the colossus so i had pretty high hopes for this game, i'm glad it lived up to them :")
av by theinfinite

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:35 pm

I don't have any sort of PSanything consoles, but I have seen playthroughs.

Like Lupe, I noticed the funny camera and how the controls were hard, but overall, it was a lovely game. So beautiful and with a good story.

I especially love Trico.
Vakarian wrote:awhhhh its such a cute little game. ending made me cry lots of tears
i adored shadow of the colossus so i had pretty high hopes for this game, i'm glad it lived up to them :")
I only saw playthroughts of Shadow of the Colossus, but I loved that game, too. I love Agro and Trico. I also like how they still have a mind of their own, as in you don't fully control them; it can be frustrating, at times, but it's a nice touch that makes them feel more like actual beings, rather than just a bunch of 1's and 0's.
⋄╢ Ṩin Ịncarnate ╟⋄
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
There's so much punishment, so little time.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
◈⑄⑀⑄◈
Av / Sig - Beachbody Humperdinck
〘 Skadoosh 〙

The Chemist
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Ari!

Post by The Chemist » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:47 pm

TacticianLyra wrote:Though I am wondering: are the controls really as atrocious as people say there are, or are they just something that you have to adapt to?
I watched jacksepticeye's playthrough of the game and I could tell that on multiple occasions he was becoming frustrated with the whole overwhelmingly terrible controls and cameras thing. Especially near the end of episode 7, if I recall correctly...? He just went really sour towards the end of the video, but I can't blame him. One could easily see he was trying to do something and the controls messed up his commands and had the Boy do something else entirely. Like when he wanted the kid to jump off a ledge but instead ended up with the kid's extreme caution and unwillingness to fall.

However, I think the entire
TLG experience is still worth all the iffy controls and cameras. The graphics are absolutely beautiful, the AI is amazing, and honestly it's impossible to believe that Trico's entire personality is just several rows of neat 1s and 0s. Team Ico did a great job, but there was a little wiggle room for improvement regarding the previously mentioned issues... My guess is that they took more time than they expected working on the AI and had to rush the camera and controls at the last minute.
`·.`·.`·.`·.`·.(`·.¸ ¸.·´).·´.·´.·´.·´.·´
ι нανє ησт ƒαιє
ι'νє נυѕт ƒσυη 10,000 ωαуѕ тнαт ωση'т ωσяк
`.¸¸.`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´.¸¸.´
:: av/sig/quote/LupinzPack/Samber/Thomas A. Edison ::

JaySilver
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Jay/Silver

Post by JaySilver » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:13 am

I loved Shadow of the Colossus so much, when I heard about Last Guardian I had high hopes, and let me say, Last Guardian definitely delivered *-* The graphics are super awesome, some of the puzzles are a bit challenging, and you get to ride on Trico who is both adorable as heck and at the same time tear apart all your enemies :D Or at least the ones in game... which honestly the enemies in this game just, *shudders* MANNEQUINS... Sort of, suits of armor same thing, I guess.
The only things that kinda got annoying time to time were when you'd try to make Trico do certain stuff or when the armor guys caught you and used their weird ninjutsu seal things... And like SotC the controls are a little clunky but, once you get used to them it's not too bad ^^ Though personally SotC will always be my favorite game.
"GET ON THE BLOODY HORSE WANDER, AGRO STOP DANCING WE HAVE COLOSSI TO DEFEAT"
- me playing SotC

Nayoxii
Name: C0rgi/Shiranui

Post by Nayoxii » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:13 am

• I've never played the game myself but I have seen it played by one of my favourite youtubers, unfortunately he didn't like it all too much haha, but I find the game adorable. I love Trico so much, I'd honestly love a Trico.
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟣 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | Lupe

Return to “Other Video Games”