Nintendo Switch

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Noxeon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Eon

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Noxeon » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:31 am

paperpaws wrote:
Noxeon wrote:I just got one this morning for my birthday! though I don't have any games for it yet. I really want to get Breath of the Wild for it, I've heard that's a really good game.
Time to download lots of demos!

Breath of the Wild is definitely very good. I think it's one of the most expensive games available for now, but you should get your money's worth out of it just fine. I've played it for 75 hours now apparently, and am still nowhere near finished or bored with it.
Hmm, maybe I will try downloading some demos first, thanks for the suggestion Paperpaws, I should probably make sure I actually like the games before I pour money into them.

˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙
˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙⚫˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙
❖❖❖ ―――――――――― ❖❖❖
The ɗɑʀkɳɛรร falls around
me at night

αиd cαяvєร мє
wiтн รilєиcє รσ
bяigнт
❖❖❖ ―――――――――― ❖❖❖
˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:51 am

I agree, great idea. I'll have to do the same if I do get a switch for my birthday. From what I've heard, Breath of the Wild is one of those I won't need a demo for, but for other games I'm interested in, I'll probably try some demos before I get them. I guess that's also a good way to have fun if you don't have any/many games.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu May 24, 2018 10:32 am

Yeah, the Switch’s price really puts me off too. Thy advertise it as relatively cheap, but once you buy accessories (like a good protective case), everything adds up quickly.

I’ll probably wait for a price drop
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ForeverEverest » Thu May 24, 2018 11:31 am

The switch has been around for a while now, and it seems to be roughly the same price pretty much everywhere I've looked. I think places may be making agreements with Nintendo not to sell it below a certain price or something, so I'm not sure if there will be a decent price drop anytime soon. I guess there's a chance though, but to the sounds of things, it's successful enough for them to maintain the current price for now.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu May 24, 2018 3:31 pm

There is definitely a MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price) provided by Nintendo. But I don't mind waiting, I've got a huge Steam backlog to keep me occupied for awhile yet.

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ForeverEverest » Fri May 25, 2018 4:36 am

I don't think I can play the waiting game personally. Sounds like the new Pokémon games are scheduled to be released for the Switch this year, and I'm one for getting those games on the release date. Of course, I wouldn't buy the Switch for just one Pokémon game, but I would really like to follow the series as it moves to the Switch, and there are a few other games that tempt me, so I'll probably go for a Nintendo Switch this year.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri May 25, 2018 10:20 pm

I heard the new Pokemon games are just remakes of Yellow, so if that is the case I'll pass until we get Gen 8.

Really, besides Pokemon, the only series that would convince me to buy the Switch would be Zelda...but seeing as BotW came out last year (and I've already played it on the Wii U), I would think another Zelda game won't be released for quite awhile yet?

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ForeverEverest » Sat May 26, 2018 3:53 am

I think I'd get Breath of the Wild and try out Super Mario Odyssey, then look into some other games if I ever get bored of those two, and get the new Pokémon games when they come out. To the sounds of things, if you have a Wii U, the Switch isn't much different for the money. My brother has a Wii U, but I don't really get the chance to play single-player games on it, so I think I'd have a lot of use for a Switch personally.

I think waiting is a good idea though, as most of the Switch games seem to be available on the Wii U too.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝

Rain_Swift-River
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Swift

Post by Rain_Swift-River » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:51 am

I love my Switch. I was trying for months to find a cheap second hand one with no luck, so in the end I just went and bought a new one straight out with all the games I wanted for it. Treat yo'self!

Anyway, I love playing Splatoon 2 and Mariokart 8 Deluxe. Plus the new Fire Emblem Warriors game is incredible! Breath of the Wild has been keeping me super busy too. I've definitely gotten my moneys worth out of my console XD

If anyone would like to play some Switch games with me, my friend code is: 6472 - 3664 - 4414

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:57 pm

My brother owns a nintendo switch and i plan on buying one pretty soon... although i'd have to re-buy Kirby Star Allies because since i got it as early as possible, it was sold out everywhere except for the eshop... hah.
I love a lot of the switch games though, Breath of the Wild, Kirby Star Allies (ESPECIALLY the cutscenes), and many other switch games are just absolutely STUNNING to look at. The console itself is really cool. Since i essentially grew up with a DS (mainly my 3ds because i've been playing that single system the longest), i find it really cool to take a console that you can hook up to a TV to school or the store, heck you could even take it camping and i find that awesome.

My favourite game on the switch is, of course, Kirby Star Allies. I swear that game hit right at home for me in like every way. Not to mention that my favourite character in the series is playable in that game and more of my favourite characters may be playable at some point as well.
I am SUPER hyped for the new smash bros game... Probably just as hyped or even more hyped than i was with Smash 4 back in 2014. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate makes me want to instantly skip to december 7th and play it like asap haha.
|•——————)(——————•|
This is where the story ends,
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
My fate it rains, it rains like cinders
(`°•.(`°•.••••The cadent drums, the war it comes ••••.•°`).•°`)
Growing thunder, terror, wonder
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
Av-CatLover on Discord + Bottom Sig-Black Burn, Top Sig - Icea

Rain_Swift-River
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Swift

Post by Rain_Swift-River » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:09 am

IceaPlayzPC wrote:My favourite game on the switch is, of course, Kirby Star Allies. I swear that game hit right at home for me in like every way. Not to mention that my favourite character in the series is playable in that game and more of my favourite characters may be playable at some point as well.
I've never played a Kirby game before, but they look like fun! What's your favourite thing about that game? I might have to give it a buy!
IceaPlayzPC wrote:I am SUPER hyped for the new smash bros game... Probably just as hyped or even more hyped than i was with Smash 4 back in 2014. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate makes me want to instantly skip to december 7th and play it like asap haha.
Same!!! So keen to play the Pokémon trainer and Wolf again! And so many fire emblem characters! ♥ I can't wait!~

IceaPlayzPC

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:12 pm

Rain_Swift-River wrote:
IceaPlayzPC wrote:My favourite game on the switch is, of course, Kirby Star Allies. I swear that game hit right at home for me in like every way. Not to mention that my favourite character in the series is playable in that game and more of my favourite characters may be playable at some point as well.
I've never played a Kirby game before, but they look like fun! What's your favourite thing about that game? I might have to give it a buy!
IceaPlayzPC wrote:I am SUPER hyped for the new smash bros game... Probably just as hyped or even more hyped than i was with Smash 4 back in 2014. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate makes me want to instantly skip to december 7th and play it like asap haha.
Same!!! So keen to play the Pokémon trainer and Wolf again! And so many fire emblem characters! ♥ I can't wait!~
Prepare for a potential wall of text... no spoilers for the game though
For one thing, Kirby Star Allies is an absolutely beautiful game, especially during the cutscenes. There's just so much detail. The gameplay is easy to learn (like most kirby games) and the story is very interesting, It ties more loose knots from the Lore, which has been referenced since probably Kirby 64, but more strongly since Kirby's Return to Dreamland. The bosses in Kirby Star Allies are fun (especially the final boss but i wont share any details on how the battle works. I'm a good person), and there are plenty of cameos from earlier Kirby games, which is basically a treat for the older fans. Said cameos are playable characters as you can befriend enemies and have them computer controlled or get a friend to come and join in as well and play.
I mainly play Kirby games for the story/lore and the general thrill of playing a kirby game and seeing what the heck kind of final boss i'm going to face this time haha. I'd definitely recommend Star Allies and the games before it as well (Kirby's Return to Dreamland is another game i recommend but its a Wii game and this is talking about the nintendo switch).

As for Smash Bros, im so happy Wolf is back, my brother is the same with Wolf and Snake. I'm also happy i dont have to fear any of my mains getting taken out (I have four, Kirby, Luigi, Roy and Megaman. Roy and Megaman would most likely be taken out) and there's a lot of characters to choose from. Don't get me started on who decided to join the party as well.
My only wish now is to get Bandanna Waddle Dee from Kirby into smash... my life will be complete.
I'm also glad that Kirby's final smash isn't changing. Ultra Sword ftw!!
I'll eagerly wait for December for Smash 5 to come out. At my age time seems to fly so i guess i dont have to wait as long as it seems.
|•——————)(——————•|
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ForeverEverest » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:39 am

I got a Nintendo Switch yesterday. I've started playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and so far I'm really enjoying the freedom the game provides.

It's a nice console, and I must admit, it's surprisingly comfortable to hold. The size of the screen hasn't been a problem for me, and the controllers aren't a problem, either.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

Post by Riceboy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:23 pm

I bought a Switch for myself last Christmas--and being some one who moves around a lot it has been such a convenient console. BotW is so relaxing, and even though they keep trying to shove motion controls down our throats (looking at you, Mario Odyssey) the controls are still comfortable for me, as well. Bless the classic controller you can snap the little controllers into.

Recently have been playing Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on it. It's nice to be able to take my console around without requiring a TV screen for all those days my professor shows up late.
I could use something to eat.
i am ossan

I'm really, really hungry.

IceaPlayzPC

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:40 pm

I'll be getting myself my very own switch in november... it'll be the super smash bros themed switch... best part is it comes with SSB Ultimate so i dont have to go out and buy it in december 7th, i can just download it when it releases. Still would have to go and buy kirby star allies though since my current copy is a digital copy (thanks to the game being sold out everywhere back in march)
|•——————)(——————•|
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)