King of the Hill Achievement question

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

SkrillHowl
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

King of the Hill Achievement question

Post by SkrillHowl » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:54 pm

I am not sure about what is required to unlock the achievement "King of the hill". It says "Win 50 encounters with a stranger wolf" . To win an encounter do I have to keep chatting with the stranger wolf to make it leave, or do I have to kill the stranger wolf?

Also, if my wolf stays in Amethyst Mountain after I find a mate, will every wolf then become a stranger wolf?

DerpBacon
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Jay

Re: King of the Hill Achievement question

Post by DerpBacon » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:59 pm

1. I believe you must beat the stranger wolf in order to win an encounter.

2. What exactly do you mean by that? Sorry for my confusion in advance.

the house of the rising sun

flumen vitae

SkrillHowl
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SkrillHowl » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:04 pm

DerpBacon wrote:1. I believe you must beat the stranger wolf in order to win an encounter.

2. What exactly do you mean by that? Sorry for my confusion in advance.
1. I'm still confused about beating the stranger wolf, do I have to kill the stranger wolf for it to count as a win or do I just have to make it so the stranger wolf leaves?

2. Since my wolf has enough xp to find a mate, I don't want there to be any chance of a stranger wolf being a failed mate attempt so if my wolf gets a mate but stays in Amethyst Mountain, will every wolf encounter automatically be a stranger wolf?

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:25 pm

1. No, you don't have to kill every wolf you encounter. You just have to make them skedaddle and you should be good from then on.

2. If you get a mate every other wolf you encounter in the arena will be a stranger, so no worries on that either.
I ran out of snarky remarks, unfortunately.

SkrillHowl
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SkrillHowl » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:04 pm

Actually, either this is a glitch and killing a stranger wolf won't count, or this is a glitch but doesn't affect the achievement status, but I get 50XP for making the stranger wolf skedaddle, but get 0XP if I kill a stranger wolf.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:49 pm

SkrillHowl wrote:Actually, either this is a glitch and killing a stranger wolf won't count, or this is a glitch but doesn't affect the achievement status, but I get 50XP for making the stranger wolf skedaddle, but get 0XP if I kill a stranger wolf.
Killing stranger wolves is pretty hard to do (at least in my experience), so I would think that making the wolves run away instead will count toward "winning" encounters.
I've noticed in the past (and even in 2.5., though I am not positive) that killing stranger wolves does not contribute to XP, whereas chasing them off will (or should, barring glitches). I am unsure if this was intentional or not.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Looks like we have some confirmation about the strangers survived stat and what counts towards the achievement's progress-
eduweb wrote:Those three Social Encounter achievements are based on when the stranger wolf either submits to you or runs away. Dispersal encounters do not affect this stat. Nor (alas), does it count when you kill a stranger wolf -- that's obviously not how it should be.

The "social encounters survived" stat in the pack stats, on the other hand, is incremented every time a social encounter, either hostile or dispersal, ends without you dying.
Source: Steam community hub

Hope that helps. :)
What a joke.

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[
Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”