Can I transform my purchased game to a new device?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

RuMyaoBG
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Can I transform my purchased game to a new device?

Post by RuMyaoBG » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:45 am

Hello ! :) This Sunday I am going to be purchasing the full WQ game.:D However,I got one small problem: I am going to be getting a new device.So this is my question:

If I buy the game on my old device,can I transform it into my new device or I have to wait until I get my new device and then buy it?

SORRY IF THE QUESTION HAS ALREADY BEEN ASKED AND GIVEN AN ANSWER TO!

Also,cheers :D

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Can I transform my purchased game to a new device?

Post by paperpaws » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:07 am

Hello! This depends on the version you will be buying, and on the types of devices you are referring to. There are three separate versions of WolfQuest available: the PC version, the iOS mobile version, and the Android/Kindle mobile version. All three of these require separate purchases as they run on different types of devices.

However, if you are buying the PC version and are getting a new computer, there's absolutely no problem. You'll be able to redownload the game and log in with your account if you have already registered. (If not, you should be able to retrieve the key and create an account regardless.) The same pretty much applies to the other game's versions -- if you're getting a new device of the same type as your old one, you should simply be able to restore your purchase via your App/Play Store account.

So, the short answer is- you should not need to buy the game again when you get your new device, assuming that your device is of the same type as your old one.

RuMyaoBG
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by RuMyaoBG » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:21 pm

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I noticed I didn't refer to to the device I will be buying the game for. OK, thank you :)

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:02 am

As the question has been answered, I will go ahead and lock this topic - to prevent repeat answers.

-Topic Locked-
Wolf567 / Blaze