Randomly Disconnecting?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Shiverdam
Pup
Pup

Randomly Disconnecting?

Post by Shiverdam » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:17 pm

So this problem started a week or two ago, and I'd never had a single connection problem with WQ until now.

It happens in MP both when I'm hosting and when I'm just participating, and as a host it's lead me to have to save frequently, just so I can reload quickly in the event that my game ends. Sometimes it happens 5 times in one game, sometimes once, sometimes not at all. It will happen on both the itch.io version and the Steam version, leading me to believe this is a server issue.

What happens is I'll be playing along and I'll get the "Disconnected" popup. Otherwise, I have no other network issues outside of WQ. I've uninstalled and reinstalled WQ, logged off and back on WQ, restarted my computer, restarted my modem, changed networks, and nothing has worked. The other users I play with regularly do not seem to be experiencing this problem, so what's the dealio?

EDIT: okay now all I'm getting when I click "Multiplayer" is nothing but an empty "Multiplayer Games" box where the MP rules should be and a "Back" button, once again both on itch.io AND Steam. Redownloaded, restarted, changed networks, NOTHING. If this is what happens when you're banned, I didn't get an email nor do I know what I could have done to get banned. Very frustrated.
"Shiverdarn" in-game

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Randomly Disconnecting?

Post by Koa » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:06 pm

There was a patch released two days after you posted this; not sure if you edit coincided with that time. Have you downloaded the new patch yet/are you still experiencing any issues?