Serious lag issues.

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Serious lag issues.

Post by Sunset-Light » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:03 pm

I don't know why, but for some reason out of nowhere, the lag has gone insane. It's basically been 1 frame every 3 seconds. It's strange, however, that the player lags as well (I have the itch.io version), and that the audio doesn't lag with the images. Something is really wrong here. Any suggestions?

Also note that I have a Windows 10 laptop. The game has lagged a tiny bit in the past, on rare occasions, but it has never been this bad.

I also have the game on Fast graphics.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Serious lag issues.

Post by Neamara » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:18 pm

What are your computer's system specifications and do they meet or exceed the requirements? Does the lag improve if you sign out of your WolfQuest account?
Nothing interesting happens.

[
XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunset-Light » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:21 pm

My computer has met the specifications for running for about a year- I don't understand how they would change... The lag literally came out of nowhere.

As for signing in and out, I doubt that that is the issue, as the player is lagging too... I might try it, though.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:11 pm

In the WQ game launcher, click the gear button in top-right, then click Repair — that might help.

I can't think of anything that changed in the late-August patch that would've caused this. When did the lag begin?
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunset-Light » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:53 pm

Well, I honestly didn't click on my WQ icon for around 1-2 months, so I have no idea.

I have a suspicion it might be caused by Windows 10, though.

EDIT: Tried repairing. Nothing happened. After that, I ran a system care thing and restarted my computer- that didn't help either.

0927CanisLupus0927
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by 0927CanisLupus0927 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:31 pm

I would be playing on my kindle fire HD when out of nowhere, my game freezes, lags, and kicks me out. All, I mean all, progress lost ;-;. I have it on low graphics and its on fast, low vegetation, but I still lag out. Any suggestions?
|•|^=^|•|

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunset-Light » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:34 am

@Canislupis- I recommend checking the system requirements. From your description, your Kindle doesn't have enough RAM memory to support the game properly.

I've grown tired of the lag and I tried to find out the reason, and I found out that my graphics driver seems to have an error (Error 52) and is no longer working properly, which is probably the cause of the lag. It makes sense, too, since I'm also lagging on another game and one game on my computer has stopped working entirely because of "graphical issues".

After some research, I found that a symptom of Code 52 is "Your computer periodically freezes for a few seconds at a time". Sounds about right.

I'm trying to hunt down what's causing the error- I ran my Defender and there doesn't seem to be any "malicious files", and apparently it might be caused by a Windows 10 update.

I might need some help again, though...

I'll ask this thread to be locked if I find what I'm looking for.

EDIT: After several days, some research, and the many desires to punch a wall, I finally fixed the issue, which I feel like is an accomplishment for me since I'm not very tech-y. All my games and stuff are working properly again, and the lag is gone. I also now know what to do if the issue occurs again. I'd like someone to lock this now, please.

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:32 pm

Glad everything is now sorted :D

-Topic Locked-
Wolf567 / Blaze

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”