Helping YouTube comment questions?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Helping YouTube comment questions?

Post by AveryCF » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:48 pm

Hey, I feel a little awkward for asking this... Especially sense I already have made several replies but I figured it's best to make sure this is okay or not before I do any "Further damage".

When something new comes out, the wolf quest team will post a short video of it on their YouTube channel. I know not everyone reads or even comes to the forums, so I often run into questions people will ask in the comments section that are simple things already answered here. Example: How much does the game cost, will the pups get older, will Tower Fall be free, etc.

Naturally as just an old player and just trying to be a helpful person... I'll say hi and explain i'm NOT a member of the staff, but have been playing Wolf Quest for years. (Not like- two or three. I mean seven according to the forums here, when Wolf Quest was kinda dusty before Steam dragged in tons of new players.) I don't think age will mean anything, but yes I am over the age of eighteen (Twenty if the number does matter) and I try to be as helpful as I can be as well as put on a good face as a member of the community. I'll let people know that WQ 3 will be a free update, but Tower Fall is a DLC from 5-8 bucks that will have to be bought to play. That the pups get older but they're still teenagers and won't be leaving for a mate, etc. Simple, easy things that I can even link a forums link to directing them to what might better answer their questions than I can.

HOWEVER:
I realized this might be seen badly like... I'm a fake moderator, or maybe i'm just not suppose to be saying things unless I was actual staff? So the point of this topic is to ask the staff if that's okay to answer peoples questions? I am not answering things I don't know, just what's been stated in topic discussions here on the forums. (I don't answer if certain items will still be around, new wolf scars, etc. because I have no idea. Yet i'll explain how deer are added, drinking, etc. if they're asking showing they missed the announcements here on the forums and previous videos on the staffs YouTube account.)

I'm not trying to do other peoples jobs, I just see that their questions weren't answered and wanted to help. ;3; So is that okay? Or should I stop from now on? I wouldn't want to get in trouble for just trying to be a helpful/nice member. xD So I hope that's understandable?

Thank you for your time, and if this is posted in the wrong place, please tell me! I wasn't sure where to post a help question like this but I tried my best. (Just give me a soft prod if this should be removed and put into another spot on the forums, thanks!)
My known wolves in game are Kayu & Brute. Kayu's mate is Takumi (eagle564), & they have 3 surviving pups. (2 unnamed, & 1 named Alose) Her son Konigerz belongs to another male wolf. Takumi was from Moonpack, while Kayu was from Windpack. Brute is just my achievement running wolf. x'D

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Helping YouTube comment questions?

Post by Neamara » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:14 pm

People will always ask the same questions without realizing their question may have already been answered; it's pretty much guaranteed to happen as a project and/or its fan base grows. It's only natural that people want to try and help answer questions as well -- being helpful is not moderating. ;) In fact, being a helpful member has always been encouraged. "Backseat moderating" is really only a forum rule that isn't actively enforced off of the WolfQuest community forum by the community team and Steam Discussions community by Valve.

I wouldn't say you're a fake moderator, since technically moderators can only do so much on and off-site before it falls to Eduweb to handle on their own. I'd say the official YouTube channel falls under this category, however you are welcome to contribute as long as your information can be cited from a reputable source - in this case, the developer's blog forum @ http://wolfquest.org/blog - to reduce confusion.

AveryCF wrote:So the point of this topic is to ask the staff if that's okay to answer peoples questions? I am not answering things I don't know, just what's been stated in topic discussions here on the forums. (I don't answer if certain items will still be around, new wolf scars, etc. because I have no idea. Yet i'll explain how deer are added, drinking, etc. if they're asking showing they missed the announcements here on the forums and previous videos on the staffs YouTube account.)
Can't answer for Eduweb, but I'd say what you're doing is okay as long as you continue to make it clear that you are not staff // you aren't part of the development team. I doubt you'd be in trouble over this either; Eduweb will probably be appreciative of your help if they receive loads of new comments daily. :)
Nothing interesting happens.

[
XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by AveryCF » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:43 pm

Neamara wrote:I wouldn't say you're a fake moderator, since technically moderators can only do so much on and off-site before it falls to Eduweb to handle on their own. I'd say the official YouTube channel falls under this category, however you are welcome to contribute as long as your information can be cited from a reputable source - in this case, the developer's blog forum @ http://wolfquest.org/blog - to reduce confusion.

Can't answer for Eduweb, but I'd say what you're doing is okay as long as you continue to make it clear that you are not staff // you aren't part of the development team. I doubt you'd be in trouble over this either; Eduweb will probably be appreciative of your help if they receive loads of new comments daily. :)
Haha, well then this gets one worry off my chest. Thank you Neamara for clearing this up for me. I would never want to falsely advertise myself to others, nor claim a roll I don't even own. I'm proud to remain as just an old member of the community, already I like to think that's a personal title all on my own. -3- I guess all I can say is that i'll continue to do what I was then, seeing I always greet them telling them i'm not a staff member and even provided links/mentioned the forums for anything I couldn't answer. Once again, thank you. Especially for such a quick response. c:
My known wolves in game are Kayu & Brute. Kayu's mate is Takumi (eagle564), & they have 3 surviving pups. (2 unnamed, & 1 named Alose) Her son Konigerz belongs to another male wolf. Takumi was from Moonpack, while Kayu was from Windpack. Brute is just my achievement running wolf. x'D

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:35 pm

I can't speak for Eduweb, but thank you for your help off-forum, Avery! Yes, as long as you supply credible sources and emphasize you're not part of the staff, you should be in good shape c:

If you have any further questions or concerns on the matter, please don't hesitate to send us a message!

- Topic Locked -
And the tempest is raging,

it's caving-in the sky

And the tempest is raging,

couldn't tame it if she tried

---Cora Rose - The Tempest
Avie © howl-ite

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”