Transferring from mobile to computer?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

Platinum1995
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Transferring from mobile to computer?

Post by Platinum1995 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:23 pm

I've bought the game to play on my phone for around $3.00. I'm still not use to playing it that way and would like to have it on my laptop, but the thing is I don't actually want to pay again or make/ remake an account just to play it . So it would be nice to some how get what I already bought and played to be transferred to my laptop.

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup
Name: SheWolf

Re: Transferring from mobile to computer?

Post by SheWolf17 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:53 pm

If you bought the game on mobile, you can't transfer to the laptop, you would have to buy again. The same if you buy on a PC and want to transfer to the mobile, the devices are not "connected" to each other... :|
A shot in the dark
A past lost in space
Where do I start?
The past and the chase
You hunted me down
Like a wolf, a predator
I felt like a deer in the lights

TimberRaven
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Name: ew ew ew ew
Location: Trying to figure out how to put Adharc and Nevelig together

Post by TimberRaven » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:46 pm

I have gotten the game on P.C., then successfully converted it into a mobile device. But since you did it the other way around, I don't know...
I paid for the full game again on the tablet, but no hiccups occurred when I was casually punching in my username and password to log in. It was all the same, just a very small screen you had to touch instead of clicking on with a mouse. I don't know if it would be the same with it being the other way around, but I hope this helps! :D
"We are different.
=○ ○ ○ ~
·~˜··°··˜~·
~ ○ ○ ○=
But we go together."
........................................................................................--Her Last Words

Avatar-BB <3 Signature-TimberRaven

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:30 am

For the sake of clarity:

Nymeria10 is correct. You will have to purchase the game again if you want to acquire it on different operating systems and platforms, as is the case with all multi-platform games. Keep in mind that the PC version also costs more than the mobile version, especially if you only bought the minimal version of the game on mobile.

TimberRaven is likely referring to the fact that user accounts do work across platforms, as the games make use of the same data server. If you were to play on mobile for a while and earn achievements and experience for your wolf, and would like to continue with the same account on a different platform, you should be able to log in with the same account and retrieve all its data from the server.

In short, you will have to pay again, but you won't have to make a new account.
  • EDIT
Aaand I just realised that this thread had been inactive for a while. Please keep the last activity of these type of threads in mind before posting on them, especially if an answer to the question has already been provided. No point in keeping this open.

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”