Wolf Ability Tips

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Senbonzakura
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Chuuya

Wolf Ability Tips

Post by Senbonzakura » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:42 pm

Hello,

I couldn't find any advice on this from my search. I've seen some tips though I'm looking for some better recommendations. Do people find it better to have their wolf having better stamina and speed, or them having better strength? I've found strength nice though it gets a bit bothersome when you need to chase something or go hunting something with speed. If there is a recommendation for your wolf having better stamina and speed, which of those two should be higher?

I'm also curious on the addition of crows. I haven't noticed them doing anything truly bothersome unless they're supposed do something more when you change the difficulty which I have not yet played around with.

Sorry for all my questions lately, my searches have not brought me the best of luck. Thank you if this can be answered.
not very active / back on from some long breaks due to work, classes, etc.
played wolfquest a very long time ago and cannot remember when I began, though it was way before the paid version. still catching up to this all but feel free to message me at any time.

lacey15
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Dash

Re: Wolf Ability Tips

Post by lacey15 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:18 pm

most people like there wolf to have a lot of strength or they just go fast so it really does not matter by it or if they just want strength and stamina then it is up to the player*that is my answer*
Last edited by lacey15 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

airbones
Name: Razza

Post by airbones » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:43 pm

In my experience, having plenty of stamina is incredibly useful. My favorite wolf has 30% strength, 70% stamina, and 50% speed, and she is quite easy to play the game with, though I really only focus on hunting, exploring, and pup raising. If you're wanting to do things like take on bears or hunt bull elk more easily, the lower strength can be a drag. I recommend having a decent amount of stamina either way, but it's all up to you and how you want to play the game.

Crows actually eat carcasses you leave lying around unattended. The only time they don't eat your carcasses is at night or if you stay close to your kill, and I don't think this changes based on difficulty level, but I could be wrong.

I hope this helped a little!
--
► ϟϟ[ϟ]ϟϟ ◀︎
I've lost my way within this town
ϟ
බƖƦƀƠƝƎ꒚
ϟ
The tranquil ᎶᏞᎾᎳ of the song I know, it guides me
▴ ϟϟϟϟ⎶[ϟ]⎶ϟϟϟϟ ▴
--
ѕιggιє@NoyaTusk
αννιє@LupinzPack

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:24 am

The “crows” you see are actually ravens, which were introduced with Slough Creek’s release. Ravens in 2.5. are airborne only and cannot land and eat carcasses, whereas the ones in 2.7. can do so.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:27 am

I always choose 75% stamina, 75% speed, 0% strength. And being a female, I am tiny! Sometimes I want to roleplay as a pup. :D
I hate having high strength, because you either are super slow and have to work really hard to catch it, or you're like I almost got it! when your stamina runs out. Here, it's more of a challenge! :D and you can run super fast, and run forever. It's a benefit for tag, pup raising, and roleplaying as fast things.

Senbonzakura
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Chuuya

Post by Senbonzakura » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:36 am

My apologies, I took a break and haven't been on in quite a while. Thank you for the tips. My wording in the first post was wrong when speaking about the ravens (my bad for thinking they were crows), I'm aware they eat the carcasses but was wondering if they opposed any sort of threat which it appears they do not from these comments.
not very active / back on from some long breaks due to work, classes, etc.
played wolfquest a very long time ago and cannot remember when I began, though it was way before the paid version. still catching up to this all but feel free to message me at any time.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:49 am

Senbonzakura wrote:My apologies, I took a break and haven't been on in quite a while. Thank you for the tips. My wording in the first post was wrong when speaking about the ravens (my bad for thinking they were crows), I'm aware they eat the carcasses but was wondering if they opposed any sort of threat which it appears they do not from these comments.
No, they do not pose a threat.

Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Polynesia » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:45 pm

For hunting on higher levels, use balanced abilities with slightly higher stamina. Just a 10% rise in stamina (from the base value 50%, increased to 60%) gives you permanent stamina. Your wolf will be able to run at full speed without stopping, and it means that she can keep chasing the elk indefinitely until she gets close enough to bite without ever slowing down.

Don’t have above 60% stamina. It will make no difference and wastes your ability distribution, because 60% already gives you infinite stamina when running. It will never decrease until you bite the elk.

For strength and speed, you want to keep those as balanced as you can because you will need both if you want to be a successful hunter of elk, before you have a mate to help you. I am recommending 60% stamina, 50% speed and 40% strength. That’s enough to be able to hunt a cow elk by yourself, on the highest diffficulty setting.

(I did testing a while back and 40% speed was not enough to catch an elk on the highest difficulty, and 30% strength was not enough to kill it without killing yourself. So that’s how I came to 60% stamina, 50% speed and 40% strength. It’s the most efficient ability distribution for independent hunters.)

For lower level hunting or multiplayer, it’s safe to experiment and just see what you like. Hope this helps and good luck!! :wolf:
Avatar (c) LupinzPack. Thank you. :)

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Given the user's previous reply, it appears the stats-side of this question has been answered adequately. Please continue to discuss your wolf's stats and any tips you may have on this thread.
Topic locked.