Some Questions

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Botewolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Some Questions

Post by Botewolf » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:40 pm

In multiple servers, I've heard a number of people state that their wolves were deleted, or that they couldn't access their account (although this could just be from forgetting a username/password?), after performing such tasks as switching computers or, maybe using another platform for that account. Are there times when your wolves or your account will be deleted, what are these?

Also, if there was any information on this for the new update, what new updates/DLC will need to be purchased at that time? Will you be able to utilize the new episode and DLC with your current wolves and account?

I would appreciate any answers, hopefully this isn't wrong or confusing.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Some Questions

Post by Neamara » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:30 pm

Hi Botewolf,
Botewolf wrote:In multiple servers, I've heard a number of people state that their wolves were deleted
Wolves being deleted is most likely a glitch; there have been some known instances of this happening on occasion, perhaps due to a sync issue, so it's good to backup your files every so often so that you can recover just in case you or anyone else encounters this problem. If you meant wolf names, which also has been known to happen on occasion, you should be able to rename your wolf in-game by modifying it in any interface that permits you to choose which wolf you would like to play. Like any other bug or glitch encountered in-game, it's always a good idea to submit a bug report with as much information as you can possibly provide for the development team so that they can investigate.
Botewolf wrote:or that they couldn't access their account (although this could just be from forgetting a username/password?), after performing such tasks as switching computers or, maybe using another platform for that account.
In the event of a forgotten password, it would be worth attempting to recover the account or reset its password. (To do this in-game, while on the title screen or while paused, click or tap 'Log in' and use the appropriate option.) The game should display a reason as to why login failed, so depending on the message that is displayed, there may be other reasons for an account becoming inaccessible; review this thread for more information. Failing that, another possibility is that the account may have been disabled as a penalty for breaking one or more of the rules for multiplayer — more information is available in the Chat and Reporting FAQ and in the Parent's Guide to WolfQuest. If this is the case, a message including details about the infraction will have been sent to the e-mail address associated with the account. If no such e-mail was received, contact manager@wolfquest.org to inquire.
Botewolf wrote:Are there times when your wolves or your account will be deleted, what are these?
Neither wolves nor accounts are purged from the database. Accounts are never deleted unless the account holder requests it using the instructions provided in the appropriate section(s) of the WolfQuest FAQ.
Botewolf wrote:Also, if there was any information on this for the new update, what new updates/DLC will need to be purchased at that time? Will you be able to utilize the new episode and DLC with your current wolves and account?
The Tower Fall expansion will be paid DLC with an estimated price tag of $6-$8 (though the final cost will be based on the scope and depth of the episode). WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition will be a free update released to all current owners of 2.7, and wolves from 2.7.X can be imported to 3.0 but the data transfer is one-way only. Episode three is part of the Tower Fall expansion, so you'll need that DLC installed for both single player and multiplayer modes of gameplay; I'd imagine that yes, all your wolves (new and imported) will be fully compatible with the new episode after somehow migrating from Slough Creek into Tower Fall. :)

Sources:
  1. FAQs about the Tower Fall Expansion
  2. FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition
  3. Recently put in-game in a "WolfQuest 3" button on the title screen. (Currently only present in the Steam release.)
  4. More Questions Answered (towards the end of page 4)
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Botewolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Botewolf » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:38 am

Alright, I think I understand it some more now, that was very helpful and relieving so thank you Neamara.

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:02 am

As it appears the questions have been answered, I'll go ahead and lock this topic to prevent repeated answers.

-Topic Locked-
Wolf567 / Blaze