Message Overload

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

BlueLeopard
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Message Overload

Post by BlueLeopard » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:58 am

Hi everyone! So, the title here speaks for itself. My WolfQuest in-game account is just overloaded with messages from ‘pack leaders’ and my friends. I have deleted about 50+ of them by using the ‘Select Multiple’ and then ‘Delete Multiple’ option.

Although, right after I delete a batch of messeges, new ones immediately pop-up and about 80% of the messages are unread. xD

Is there a faster or more effective way to clean-out my inbox? Or do I just have to keep deleting it in batches, until no more old/unread messages pop-up?

TimberRaven
Name: Kjados dont eat that

Re: Message Overload

Post by TimberRaven » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:49 pm

Well, you must have a lot of very active friends. There isn't really a faster way to delete them. Actually, I just read them then leave them. I don't delete them. You could ask the users to stop messaging you sooooo much (just a suggestion). I usually have two-five messages when I log off and then log back on the next day. Just how many messages are you receiving, at least the average?
From white to red, from red to green;
From green to yellow, from yellow to black.

And then a mighty wave
Of every pleasant color.

BlueLeopard
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Message Overload

Post by BlueLeopard » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:47 pm

TimberRaven wrote:Well, you must have a lot of very active friends. There isn't really a faster way to delete them. Actually, I just read them then leave them. I don't delete them. You could ask the users to stop messaging you sooooo much (just a suggestion). I usually have two-five messages when I log off and then log back on the next day. Just how many messages are you receiving, at least the average?
Actually, not so much friends as the pack leaders. xD I was actually able to solve the problem by continuously deleting the messages until I got them all removed from my in-box. It took a looong while, but everything is good now.

Also, even though my problem is solved, the average of sent messages could be 5 - 10 a day. A lot, right? Multiply that by a few months... Anyway, this thread may be locked if needed.

Thanks for the help, TimberRaven! :D

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”