WQ Graphics Card or Ram?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup
Name: Rima

WQ Graphics Card or Ram?

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:15 am

I'm not a gamer, so I don't know much about computers and how to upgrade. I just want to play some of my games in good quality without so much lag. WQ is okay but I'm worried when WQ 3 comes out, my pc might not handle it even on the lowest settings.
Do I get a ram or Graphics card? I'm confused and wish not to waste any money on a mistake. My budget is around £30-60 at max as I do not work and I save up very slowly.

This is my pc:
Model: Lenovo ThinkCentre All-In-One M72z
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G630 @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz
RAM: 4.00 (3.85 usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics

Don't know how to find out about CPU. It's Windows 7 too. I always turn off background programs before I play a game. I think I should wait till WQ 3 comes out and see how it runs.
*~Wolf-Dog Therian~*
*~Solitary Wiccan~*
*~*
Playing WolfQuest since 2010 or 2011

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: WQ Graphics Card or Ram?

Post by Koa » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:23 am

You have an integrated graphics card (Intel HD) so you will not be able to upgrade your graphics card because it cannot be removed, which is what you would need to upgrade. Most laptops do not have dedicated graphics cards unless they are a gaming laptop.

EDIT: I see it’s an “all-in-one desktop.” My point still stands— these also use integrated graphics so you will not be able to upgrade.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:42 am

Koa wrote:You have an integrated graphics card (Intel HD) so you will not be able to upgrade your graphics card because it cannot be removed, which is what you would need to upgrade. Most laptops do not have dedicated graphics cards unless they are a gaming laptop.

EDIT: I see it’s an “all-in-one desktop.” My point still stands— these also use integrated graphics so you will not be able to upgrade.
Just great...

Is there any other way I can at least still play the game? I can not afford for even for the cheapest gaming pcs. Also, this PC is quite recently brought unless if I try to sell it and save up slowly for a cheap gaming pc? I could use my laptop for the time being, if it has to come to that...
Is there any way I can play games with fewer lags at least? I really don't like the graphics to be so low but just fine to at least enjoy the look of the game. Feral Heart runs fine, WQ in low settings runs fine in a window setting, and Champions Online runs fine but is getting lags for some reasons after fixing a problem when reinstalled. Was just fine before I had to reinstall, which I do need to contact the developers for that problem.

Can I at least upgrade the ram then?!
*~Wolf-Dog Therian~*
*~Solitary Wiccan~*
*~*

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:23 pm

Please don’t swear.

We don’t know exactly what WolfQuest 3 will required to run optimally or perfectly. Your best bet is to wait until either more details are provided or until the game releases and then re-evaluate whether or not you would want to purchase a system that can handle the game.

Gaming laptops will be more expensive than gaming desktops. You can get a better desktop system for the same amount of money you would be paying for a gaming laptop.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

Kereudio
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Maya

Post by Kereudio » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:21 pm

TheOnlyTherian wrote:Can I at least upgrade the ram then?!
Your computer can handle a maximum of 16GB of RAM, but you only have two slots to work with. If you wish to upgrade your RAM, you would have to buy two brand new 4GB sticks to upgrade to 8GB. (Upgrading to 16GB is possible, but expensive and not cost efficient for your PC).

I will say that All-In-One's are not good for gaming at all, full stop. They have very little processing power and as Koa pointed out, they don't have a dedicated GPU. As well, yours has a very weak CPU, the Pentium series hasn't been capable of processing games efficiently for a number of years.

PC Gamer keeps an eye out on deals and posts about them frequently. If you're in the market for a good gaming PC, I'd recommend following them and seeing if they find anything that fits your wallet. Otherwise, with your current arsenal of games, you can probably stay with integrated graphics and be fine, in fact, they are technically faster than dedicated GPUs, just inherently less power behind them. If you're gonna stick with integrated graphics, I highly recommend the AMD A Series or the Intel I-Series.
I was writing in order to live.
osamu dazai

av: lupinzpack

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:13 pm

mayaafeys wrote:
TheOnlyTherian wrote:Can I at least upgrade the ram then?!
Your computer can handle a maximum of 16GB of RAM, but you only have two slots to work with. If you wish to upgrade your RAM, you would have to buy two brand new 4GB sticks to upgrade to 8GB. (Upgrading to 16GB is possible, but expensive and not cost efficient for your PC).

I will say that All-In-One's are not good for gaming at all, full stop. They have very little processing power and as Koa pointed out, they don't have a dedicated GPU. As well, yours has a very weak CPU, the Pentium series hasn't been capable of processing games efficiently for a number of years.

PC Gamer keeps an eye out on deals and posts about them frequently. If you're in the market for a good gaming PC, I'd recommend following them and seeing if they find anything that fits your wallet. Otherwise, with your current arsenal of games, you can probably stay with integrated graphics and be fine, in fact, they are technically faster than dedicated GPUs, just inherently less power behind them. If you're gonna stick with integrated graphics, I highly recommend the AMD A Series or the Intel I-Series.
Which cheap PC gaming computer I can hope to go to? Max £120 or £290 at max.
*~Wolf-Dog Therian~*
*~Solitary Wiccan~*
*~*

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”