How to run low on FPS?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup
Name: Rima

How to run low on FPS?

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:11 am

I was wondering if there is a program out there to run WQ on the fastest possible FPS? At the moment, the game is not bad when on "Fast" settings but whenever I hunt in the woods or running through the woods in general, it begins to lag slightly. I watched the FPS counter go down from 22 to 16 or 17. I have the lowest settings, just the clear that out again but just hoping there is another program to run on low end pcs?

I'm sure there are WQ players with low end pcs...
*~Wolf-Dog Therian~*
*~Solitary Wiccan~*
*~*
Playing WolfQuest since 2010 or 2011

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: How to run low on FPS?

Post by paperpaws » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:34 am

FPS is largely dependent of your computer's specifications and is not something that can be fixed through third party software. If I remember correctly, your specs weren't great for gaming.

At best you can look in some generic ways to boost your computer's/game's performance, such as running as little other programs as possible and playing at a lower resolution or quality level. You may also be able to find settings specific to your GPU that can be optimised, but I'm not sure if this is a thing with built-in/non-dedicated GPUs.

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”