Deleted file!

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup
Name: Rimah

Deleted file!

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:09 pm

I accidentally deleted a file on the game and have lost my wolf's mate for good! I have finally found the files in documents but the problem is how to put them back into the game again?
Another thing is that the files I found weren't in the steam WQ's folder but in a separated folder in the documents section.

Not sure how to add photos to here...
*~Wolf-Dog Therian~*
*~Myers Weapon~*
*~*
Playing WolfQuest since 2010 or 2011

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Deleted file!

Post by Neamara » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:46 pm

Backups are usually created within the main directory specified above, and their directory path may look something like this:
  • Documents\WolfQuest\Backup_<NUMBER>
That number corresponds to a month, the second folder to a day, and the last folder to a year and time.
Open up the backup folder, then open up the next two folders. You should now see something similar to what is shown in the image I have posted on the right (click for full view). You'll want to copy these four folders from your backup directory to your Documents\WolfQuest directory. If you are prompted to overwrite, select yes.

It's a good idea to manually backup your WolfQuest folder from time to time even if only for your own peace of mind, although it would be beneficial if confirmation of deletion was considered to help prevent such accidents from happening again in the future.

TL,DR: If you have your backup folder, simply copy everything contained in your backup folder, paste directly into Documents\WolfQuest and allow the process to overwrite if prompted.
──── ⋆ ────
You don't appear to have a backup folder (as Dave noted on your Facebook posts on this same exact subject); you may or may not be able to pull old files from the server, though this is a gamble as doing so is dependent on the last time the server and local files were last synchronized. With that being said, make sure you backup your current Documents\WolfQuest files before pulling from the server. If you have pushed recently, it's possible your data has been irretrievably lost.
TheOnlyTherian wrote:Not sure how to add photos to here...
You need to be a member of the Image Tags usergroup to be able to use image tag BBcode, otherwise the permission remains disabled.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup
Name: Rimah

Re: Deleted file!

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:45 pm

make sure you backup your current Documents\WolfQuest files before pulling from the server. If you have pushed recently, it's possible your data has been irretrievably lost.
Should I just make a backup folder then? And copy/paste those files into the backup folder? But how to actually put those missing files back to the game through steam?
*~Wolf-Dog Therian~*
*~Myers Weapon~*
*~*
Playing WolfQuest since 2010 or 2011