How to post images

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

TimberRaven
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Name: ew ew ew ew
Location: Trying to figure out how to put Adharc and Nevelig together

How to post images

Post by TimberRaven » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:53 pm

Yes, the name says most of it. I am in the Image Tags group but I'm not sure how to post screenshots. Apparently Ctrl+V doesn't work for me, photowise. So... how do I? Thanks! :D
"We are different.
=○ ○ ○ ~
·~˜··°··˜~·
~ ○ ○ ○=
But we go together."
........................................................................................--Her Last Words

Avatar-BB <3 Signature-TimberRaven

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: How to post images

Post by Neamara » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:05 pm

You'll need to provide a direct link to your image.
Can I post images?
Yes, images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board. Otherwise, you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode Image
Images

Images can now be used in posts provided you are a member of the Image Tags usergroup or any other compatible usergroup(s). Otherwise, you will only be able to view images posted by others and you will not be able to post them yourself.
Usage: Image
Example:

Code: Select all

[img]http://example.com/images/picture.jpg[/img]
Source: phpBB FAQ, Guide to Advanced BBcode

Even with image tags, only a selection of forums are capable of displaying image BBcode; our most up-to-date run-down of compatible forums is available in the Requesting approval for posting images/image tags thread.
. . . y a w n . . .

TimberRaven
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by TimberRaven » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:27 pm

How do I get that link to my picture?
"We are different.
=○ ○ ○ ~
·~˜··°··˜~·
~ ○ ○ ○=
But we go together."
........................................................................................--Her Last Words

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:52 pm

TimberRaven wrote:How do I get that link to my picture?
If it is a picture already available online, you have to right-click it and click the button that allows you to get the direct link to the image (usually called something along the lines of "Copy Image Link"). If it is a picture located on your computer, you have to upload it somewhere first. I'd suggest Imgur, but I believe you said that that site was blocked by your protection program.

TimberRaven
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by TimberRaven » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:46 pm

Well, that's my own personal laptop. There is also mom's computer that I play on, too. It doens't have Canine, but how do I upload my picture in Imgur? I seached "imgur" on google chrome and nothing helpful popped up, like "post an image" or something like that. :roll: How do I post in Imgur?
"We are different.
=○ ○ ○ ~
·~˜··°··˜~·
~ ○ ○ ○=
But we go together."

Kereudio
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Maya

Post by Kereudio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:29 am

1. go to https://imgur.com/
2. hit 'new post' - the green button at the top of the screen
3. hit 'browse' right next to where it says "or drag images here"
4. use the file explorer to navigate to where the image is on your computer and double click it
5. once your image is done uploading, it'll direct you to the upload screen. let it load.
6. right click on your image and click on 'copy image address' to get the direct link to your image that wolfquest needs. it should look like this when you paste it somewhere: https://i.imgur.com/4mxppU1.png

Note: if your image URL does not end with an extension such as .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png, it is not a direct image link and thus won't appear on Wolfquest
I was writing in order to live.
osamu dazai

av: lupinzpack

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”