Multiplayer Disconnetction Issue

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Paradiigm
Name: Atlas

Multiplayer Disconnetction Issue

Post by Paradiigm » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:37 am

Okay. So. I have no clue where else to put this so mods, if I did a bad, please feel free to move this.

So lately I have been playing multiplayer on 2.7, and my internet connection SAYS full strength on my pc. However, after about 2-5 minutes, I get this. "Disconnected! You have been disconnected from the server due to a lack of connection." Whyyyyyyy? Halp
☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾ ⭒ ☽ ✰ ☾
Here in the Land of the Forgotten, we live to please the dead. The living no longer matter.
"Will you stay?" "Will you stay?"
Sig: Para // Av: Lupe

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Re: Multiplayer Disconnetction Issue

Post by ForeverEverest » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:08 am

There's a chance the connection could've dropped for a moment without you noticing, but if it's a common reoccurring problem, that's probably not it. I would recommend switching your device off and on again, or maybe closing a few things if you have multiple tabs/software open at the same time, so your device doesn't have so much to focus on. Another possible problem could be that you need to clear your device's cache. This is particularly a problem with older devices. A good way to work out what's wrong is to work out when the problem started, and what may have changed around that time.

I hope this advice helps! If not, then I'm sure someone else will have some ideas. Good luck! ~♥
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:59 pm

On occasion this happens to me too. As ForeverEverest said, it could just be a sudden and minor drop.
And sometimes when the host's connection is like this: afhdufh, and the host disconnects, it sometimes says that you disconnected since the name & pass won't work/the multiplayer game won't show up again, until the host remakes.
Hope this helps as well

Paradiigm

Post by Paradiigm » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:30 am

ForeverEverest wrote:There's a chance the connection could've dropped for a moment without you noticing, but if it's a common reoccurring problem, that's probably not it. I would recommend switching your device off and on again, or maybe closing a few things if you have multiple tabs/software open at the same time, so your device doesn't have so much to focus on. Another possible problem could be that you need to clear your device's cache. This is particularly a problem with older devices. A good way to work out what's wrong is to work out when the problem started, and what may have changed around that time.

I hope this advice helps! If not, then I'm sure someone else will have some ideas. Good luck! ~♥
This does help, but it happens legitimately all the time.... Thank you for the tips tho!
TimberRaven wrote:On occasion this happens to me too. As ForeverEverest said, it could just be a sudden and minor drop.
And sometimes when the host's connection is like this: afhdufh, and the host disconnects, it sometimes says that you disconnected since the name & pass won't work/the multiplayer game won't show up again, until the host remakes.
Hope this helps as well
It only happens in public servers, whether I host them or not. It's so odd.
Here in the Land of the Forgotten, we live to please the dead. The living no longer matter.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:02 am

Just because your internet appears at full strength doesn’t mean it’s actually working wit WolfQuest— it’s a little more complex than that. See http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=34892.

You could attempt all the steps in that guide if you wanted to, but I do not know how relevant any of the information is in that guide anymore since much has changed since it was written. But I wanted to share that thread with you so you were aware it’s more than just the sheer strength of your signal.

Paradiigm

Post by Paradiigm » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:54 pm

Sorry I didn't see this sooner

Ah that makes MUCH more sense now, thank you!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Question has been answered.

Topic locked.