Cant log into the game (keep getting the buy game popup)

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

thelostwolf12345
Pup
Pup
Name: Scruff

Cant log into the game (keep getting the buy game popup)

Post by thelostwolf12345 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:03 am

Hello! i've sort of ran into a bit of a pickle here with the game and im not sure if it's a bug.

i cant log into my account, every time i press the log in button it prompts the "Get the game!" popup, the other thing is the "buy game" option is greyed out. I brought the game back in may of 2017 so im a bit stumped as to why i cant log in.

Any help is appreciated!

UPDATE: OK so the problem might have been that my tablet can no longer handle all of the updates the game has gotten since it seems like the game moved up to a more advanced setting.

so im wolfquestless now *crie*

mods feel free to lock the thread
Please don't look back on my previous comments, I was a cringy 12 year old then.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Cant log into the game (keep getting the buy game popup)

Post by Koa » Sat May 26, 2018 7:25 am

Moved to tips, hints and help.

I know you said the problem is “resolved” because you think your tablet can not handle the game. This seems simple but try reinstalling the game and see if you can get that login prompt to properly work.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

TimberRaven
Name: I am Hugh

Post by TimberRaven » Tue May 29, 2018 10:28 pm

Can you tell me what kind of tablet you have? If so, I've had the same problems with mine (the times I DID play WQ on my tablet), and I fixed them. Do you have good internet? I know when I have bad internet and I get on WQ on my tablet it'll say something like that.
Spoiler:
MOOO :cow:
Spoiler:
ET phone home???
Spoiler:
Shut up, Wesley!
Spoiler:
Make it so.
Spoiler:
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Instead, put baking soda in it and watch it explode :twisted:
Spoiler:
Chirp's cool
Spoiler:
Owww! :wolf:
Spoiler:
It's broccoli O.O :tree:
Spoiler:
You have eyebrows
Spoiler:
You're still reading these?? *huggles*

thelostwolf12345
Pup
Pup

Post by thelostwolf12345 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:26 am

my tablet brand is an XgoDy running on an old version of android, I don't know when the model of my tablet was created however, currently trying the reinstall tactic.

Update: tried to reinstall, I keep getting an error every time
"Wolfquest can't be installed. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting. (error code: -3)"

I've tried the stuff that the troublrshoot offered (clearing cache, turning off and turning back on, etc) but nothing seems to be working.
Please don't look back on my previous comments, I was a cringy 12 year old then.

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:18 am

From the sound of it, there is a possibility you are correct in assuming your tablet's operating software is too outdated to run and update WolfQuest. Try to see which version of Android your tablet runs. WolfQuest requires Android 4.1 or higher.
wyrd bið ful aræd
traveling 03.08 - 18.08 - limited availability.
for questions and concerns, please reach out to another moderator.

thelostwolf12345
Pup
Pup

Post by thelostwolf12345 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:57 am

my android version is actually 4.4.2....

I honestly haven't got a clue if its the game being too good for my tablet anymore or if its something else.
  • Post Merge
UPDATE: everything is solved! I factory reset my tablet and the game downloads properly, this thread can be locked now, thanks for the help!
Last edited by Neamara on Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post. In the future, if there are no new posts after your own, please edit your previous post if you have anything more to add. Thank you~ ♪

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”