Have to buy the game again?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

ziggypop
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Have to buy the game again?

Post by ziggypop » Sat May 26, 2018 10:30 pm

Hi!

I bought WolfQuest (along with all the fur and body pack things) on my mobile phone but now I want to play it on my laptop, I can't find any way to play it on my account without having to purchase the game and packs again! :( Will I have to pay to play on my laptop, or is there someway I can verify that I have already purchased the game and add-ons???

Thank you in advance for any help!

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Have to buy the game again?

Post by paperpaws » Sat May 26, 2018 11:22 pm

Unfortunately the purchase of the game, as with other games, is platform-specific. You do have to purchase the PC copy of the game if you want to play on your laptop.

You could also try to win a free copy of the game in one of the monthly contests over at WolfQuest News and Announcements. One is active right now: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84201
wyrd bið ful aræd
traveling 03.08 - 18.08 - limited availability.
for questions and concerns, please reach out to another moderator.

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Re: Have to buy the game again?

Post by ForeverEverest » Sun May 27, 2018 6:57 am

To add on to paperpaws, here's a helpful quote about getting the game again from Dave. It explains a bit about the platforms and which devices your purchase is compatible with.
loboLoco wrote:This can get a little confusing, so to clarify:

* If you purchase the game for computer (on wolfquest.org or itch.io or Steam), you can download it for Windows or Mac OSes.

* If you purchase it from the Apple App Store for iOS, you can download it to any iOS device (iPhone or iPad) that has your Apple ID.

* If you purchase it from the Google Play Store, you can download it to any Android device that has the Google Play Store app with your Google ID.

* If you purchase it from the Amazon Appstore, you can download it to any Kindle or Android device that has the Amazon Appstore app with your Amazon ID.

After creating an account, you can log into the game on any of the above devices and sync up your data. But each of the above platforms (PC/Mac, iOS, Google-Android, and Amazon-Kindle/Android) require separate purchases, because that's how the world (and the app stores) work.
(Quote from More then one account?!)
From my experience, the PC version comes with all the coats and extras, so you should only have to make one purchase if you would like to get everything on PC. It seems to be this way when purchasing from the WolfQuest website, at least. I'm not really sure about the other ways of purchasing the game though.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”