Multiplayer AgeCheq

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

HelpSaveWolves
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Multiplayer AgeCheq

Post by HelpSaveWolves » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:38 pm

Hello,
I just downloaded wolfquest for steam and put in my wrong birthday and now I can't log in. I'm over 13 and do not want to verify my account on the agecheq parent dashboard as it asks for a credit card or paypal account info. I made this account a couple years ago, but I don't even have an option to login with it.
Please help, I am missing wolfquest dearly.
-helpsavewolves

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Multiplayer AgeCheq

Post by Neamara » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:13 pm

Hi HelpSaveWolves,

2.5 game accounts can only be registered here on the community forum and are only usable here or in the old free game. These accounts are incompatible with the newer, premium game. Similarly, you cannot login to 2.5/community forums with a 2.7 game account, which must be registered within the premium game's log in interface. Both operate on completely separate databases.

Unfortunately the AgeCheq process is mandatory. Eduweb cannot legally change your credentials once they have been set.
Why do I have to go through the AgeCheq process?
If you indicated your age was under 13, you'll need to get parental consent via the AgeCheq website. We are not legally allowed to change anyone's age after they have input it into the game, even if it is erroneous. You must then go through the AgeCheq process.
Source: http://wolfquest.org/tech_support.php » AgeCheq Issues

A detailed step-by-step guide has been provided by the developer on the tech support page, as well as being available in the WolfQuest FAQ:

Unlike 2.5, the 2.7 accounts system does keep track of your age. What this means is when your account's date of birth reaches age 13, it will be unbound from its current COPPA status and all that it incurs.
What a joke.

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[
Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Dusk

Post by duskypack » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:28 pm

When the game was initially released the age interference was much more cryptic and I, confused, just put in “before 2016”. AgeCheq in all its genius assumed that meant I was an infant and, despite putting in the age on the site, I’ve not been able to play text chat to this day (and continuously forget to try to fix it past that). What do I do now?
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
(from the third Hobbit movie)
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

HelpSaveWolves
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by HelpSaveWolves » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:03 am

Neamara wrote:Hi HelpSaveWolves,
Spoiler:
2.5 game accounts can only be registered here on the community forum and are only usable here or in the old free game. These accounts are incompatible with the newer, premium game. Similarly, you cannot login to 2.5/community forums with a 2.7 game account, which must be registered within the premium game's log in interface. Both operate on completely separate databases.

Unfortunately the AgeCheq process is mandatory. Eduweb cannot legally change your credentials once they have been set.
Why do I have to go through the AgeCheq process?
If you indicated your age was under 13, you'll need to get parental consent via the AgeCheq website. We are not legally allowed to change anyone's age after they have input it into the game, even if it is erroneous. You must then go through the AgeCheq process.
Source: http://wolfquest.org/tech_support.php » AgeCheq Issues

A detailed step-by-step guide has been provided by the developer on the tech support page, as well as being available in the WolfQuest FAQ:

Unlike 2.5, the 2.7 accounts system does keep track of your age. What this means is when your account's date of birth reaches age 13, it will be unbound from its current COPPA status and all that it incurs.
Well. Dang. When I tried to get a new account it said my email was already being used by this email.
Also, will I still be able to access all the features of the game? I'm a bit disappointed one click makes me go through this whole process :/

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:47 am

To my awareness, the only difference with COPPA is the ability to use voice chat and text chat since these will both be disabled, which instead forces phrase chat. You won't be able to join text or voice games nor can you see see this in the public lobby. I don't know if the same is true for private games. Other than that, everything else (messaging, in-game packs and other such features) should still work in the same way that it would without COPPA.
duskypack wrote:When the game was initially released the age interference was much more cryptic and I, confused, just put in “before 2016”. AgeCheq in all its genius assumed that meant I was an infant and, despite putting in the age on the site, I’ve not been able to play text chat to this day (and continuously forget to try to fix it past that). What do I do now?
All you can do is message Dave to inquire about your account's date of birth to get an idea of how long you'll have to wait until COPPA mode is automatically disabled.
What a joke.

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[
Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:30 am

duskypack wrote:When the game was initially released the age interference was much more cryptic and I, confused, just put in “before 2016”. AgeCheq in all its genius assumed that meant I was an infant and, despite putting in the age on the site, I’ve not been able to play text chat to this day (and continuously forget to try to fix it past that). What do I do now?
Oh, wow, really? Send us (info@wolfquest.org) some proof of age (ID or something with name and birthdate or grade or something like that) and we can unlock text chat on your account.

EDIT: I checked your 2.7 account and your birthdate is "before 1996" so you shouldn't have any restrictions on your account. Email me to discuss further :)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:37 am

HelpSaveWolves wrote:Well. Dang. When I tried to get a new account it said my email was already being used by this email.
Also, will I still be able to access all the features of the game? I'm a bit disappointed one click makes me go through this whole process :/
I don't see a 2.7 account with the email address on this forum account, but not sure if that's what you meant. If you were trying to register in the game with a different email address, email me (info@wolfquest.org) and I can look up that account.

One click -- well, that's the standard method, and we can get hit with massive fines (Yelp got something like a $16 million fine for inadvertently violating COPPA). All we're asking is for you to input your correct birthdate...
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Dusk

Post by duskypack » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:27 am

loboLoco wrote:
Oh, wow, really? Send us (info@wolfquest.org) some proof of age (ID or something with name and birthdate or grade or something like that) and we can unlock text chat on your account.

EDIT: I checked your 2.7 account and your birthdate is "before 1996" so you shouldn't have any restrictions on your account. Email me to discuss further :)

I set it differently on my mobile device a while ago and I’ve been able to use text chat there, even as I’m still unable to play text chat on the original desktop computer. I’ll double-check on the computer to see if something’s changed at all in the last few months and I’ll email you if there hasn’t been any change ^_^
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
(from the third Hobbit movie)
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:40 am

duskypack wrote:I set it differently on my mobile device a while ago and I’ve been able to use text chat there, even as I’m still unable to play text chat on the original desktop computer. I’ll double-check on the computer to see if something’s changed at all in the last few months and I’ll email you if there hasn’t been any change ^_^
Ah, I see. Okay, I unlocked it on your account so you should be able to use it anywhere.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

HelpSaveWolves
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by HelpSaveWolves » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:01 pm

loboLoco wrote:
HelpSaveWolves wrote:Well. Dang. When I tried to get a new account it said my email was already being used by this email.
I don't see a 2.7 account with the email address on this forum account, but not sure if that's what you meant. If you were trying to register in the game with a different email address, email me (info@wolfquest.org) and I can look up that account.

One click -- well, that's the standard method, and we can get hit with massive fines (Yelp got something like a $16 million fine for inadvertently violating COPPA). All we're asking is for you to input your correct birthdate...
Totally get your reasoning, massive fines are no ones favorite things :? I just send an email to info@wolfquest.org , thank you for all your help!
  • Post Merge
I will also make a new account. Sorry for all the hassle!
Last edited by Neamara on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post.

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”