Graphics card?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Nor-easter Forecast

Graphics card?

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:44 am

I'm thinking of upgrading to a new computer, and I'm wondering what, if any, experience people have had with playing WQ using a Radeon Pro 560 (4GB GDDR5) graphics card. I know it exceeds the recommended specs requirement, but by how much? If anyone has or has used a computer with this graphics card, can you please share what quality settings and frame rates this card produces in WQ 2.7? Thanks!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Graphics card?

Post by paperpaws » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:13 am

I don't have any first hand experience. Based on some digging I did, you should be okay running and playing WolfQuest with this card, but not expect all too much from it. It looks to be a mobile/laptop graphics card for one thing, and I can't find much actual gaming benchmarks with it for another, which suggests to me it's not ideal. Also, keep in mind the minimum specifications for WolfQuest 3 aren't determinable yet, so you might have a bit more trouble running it smoothly at higher quality levels when the update swings around.

Out of curiosity, are you planning to play on a Mac laptop? They're generally less convenient for gaming, due to the airflow especially. You can expect your Macbook to heat up whilst playing a game.

If you're interested in running more heavy-duty games/games more powerful than WolfQuest, I'd recommend against getting a computer with the Radeon Pro 560. From what I understand, it's not really a GPU ideal for gaming performance.