Elusive Eagles

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Bushmeat
Pup
Pup

Elusive Eagles

Post by Bushmeat » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:52 pm

Hello there! Just registered because I finally had to give up and admit I needed help! I've played WQ 2.7 for a while now, and I'm doing pretty decent as far as collecting achievements goes. One of the harder ones involves chasing away 50 eagles. I'm willing to put in the time and effort to spawn and chase the eagles, but the problem is that they seem to be very glitchy and touchy.

The first, minor annoyance is that, when at the den, they usually seem to swoop down behind the den and magically fly through it, and if any pups are close to the den (where they should be), there's no way to stop them from being taken. I assume this problem won't be fixed as the focus is now towards the 3.0 update, and I'm okay with that, but I hope in the new game dens are as solid for eagles as they are for wolves.

The second problem, the one I'm seeking community support for, is that when the eagles do spawn (predator cam, eagle calling) often times they never actually... come down. There's just an awkward moment where I wait and watch my pups, and then I hear the eagle call again, and it's gone. Usually I save and reload the game after that happens, which seems to work to respawn the eagle, though they often repeat the behavior. I would be willing to believe that would be intentional programmed behavior, to make eagles a constant looming threat, if not for the next weird thing they do. Sometimes they swoop down to a visible height, though still off the ground and above my wolf's reach. Then they hover in place for a moment with the "going towards a pup" movement, and then they jet away as if chased off- except no one chased them and the notification (understandably) doesn't pop up.

The thing is, occasionally the eagles actually do come down, get ran into, and I get notified I've successfully chased the eagle away. So, does anyone have any tips for how to limit these eagle fake-outs?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Elusive Eagles

Post by Neamara » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:17 am

Bushmeat wrote:I assume this problem won't be fixed as the focus is now towards the 3.0 update
Considering 2.7 will be bundled with 3.0, I wouldn't say it is impossible for some existing issues to be fixed, as there have been patches applied to 2.7 over the course of 3.0's development. They aren't regular anymore, but a little TLC certainly goes a long way. As is always suggested for bug or glitch discoveries, please submit a bug report.
Bushmeat wrote:The second problem [...]
Seems like its behaviours have bugged out or maybe something else is chasing it off...? I seem to recall the mate could sometimes do that, though I don't think this behaviour is intentional if that can still happen. If this is happening just as you reach the rendezvous site, the eagle will not attack pups.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:43 pm

Usually an eagle won't come down if your wolf is near the pups. It helps to back away a short distance from the pups (but stay facing them!) And then charge forward when the eagle comes down.

Try that perhaps! Hope it helps!
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:08 pm

Black Burn wrote:Usually an eagle won't come down if your wolf is near the pups. It helps to back away a short distance from the pups (but stay facing them!) And then charge forward when the eagle comes down.

Try that perhaps! Hope it helps!
This is what I was going to say too. Honestly, it happens to me too, but not quite as bad.
Eagles for me also fly through the den, what I do in that scenario is that I run up to the den (and in some weird, glitchy cases, IN it). The eagle will most likely fly away without any pup trouble, unless you made it too late.

Bushmeat
Pup
Pup

Post by Bushmeat » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:29 am

Hmm, alright. I tried keeping some distance from the little gremlins, which is no easy feat considering they're always hungry. I didn't notice a substantial difference in the amount of actual swoops, but as long as they occur occasionally, I suppose I'm good.
Neamara wrote:
Bushmeat wrote:I assume this problem won't be fixed as the focus is now towards the 3.0 update
Considering 2.7 will be bundled with 3.0, I wouldn't say it is impossible for some existing issues to be fixed, as there have been patches applied to 2.7 over the course of 3.0's development. They aren't regular anymore, but a little TLC certainly goes a long way. As is always suggested for bug or glitch discoveries, please submit a bug report.
Noted!