Steam/Itch.io question

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Lunarwolf22
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Steam/Itch.io question

Post by Lunarwolf22 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:07 am

Before a year or two(I dont really remember^^) my friend had bought wolf quest from itch.io and gave it to me as a gift. Now that the steam version exists, my friend, who had given me the game as a gift, moved the game to steam through a code from itch.io I think(something like that). My question is: Is there a possibility that I can transfer wolf quest to steam too? I have the game, but I'd want to have it on steam with my other games. Btw, I hadnt made an account on itch.io back there, because my friend bought it as a gift for me so I only used my email.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Steam/Itch.io question

Post by paperpaws » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:17 am

The download page for your itch.io game should contain a Steam key. You'll keep your DRM-free/itch.io copy, but will be able to redeem an additional Steam copy using that key. Try digging up the e-mail you got with the download page. If you can't find it, you'll have to contact itch.io support. More info here: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=77670

Lunarwolf22
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Lunarwolf22 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:39 am

Ok I visited itch.io's support page and I made it! Thank you soooo much <33 I only have one last question: Do I delete the folder I had which contains the game?? Because now I have it both on steam and in my C: drive

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:27 am

Lunarwolf22 wrote:Ok I visited itch.io's support page and I made it! Thank you soooo much <33 I only have one last question: Do I delete the folder I had which contains the game?? Because now I have it both on steam and in my C: drive
I think the one in the C: drive is the itch.io/DRM-free version. It's not necessary to delete it, but I think you can safely get rid of it if you'd like the space freed up. Just make sure your save files (located in Documents\My Games\WolfQuest) are safely pushed to the server and accessible through your Steam game.

Happy to help and you're very welcome!

Lunarwolf22
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Lunarwolf22 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:16 am

Okay thank you again^^