Two questions

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

Two questions

Post by Siblaime » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:24 am

Okay, I haven't played WQ for ages and I'm getting confused and more confused when I try to.

1. What should I do to find a mate? Like, I know I have to visit the stranger wolves' territories, interact with these wolves etc. But last time I tried to interact with all three of them, one run away and two others chased my wolf away. Really, what am I doing wrong? I've never completed the single player game, but if I remember right I have managed to find a mate once or twice without getting rejected after a few interactions. Now I just can't do this :lol:

2. Where can I find some of the human traces in Slough Creek? I remember finding them all when exploring the terrain in 2.5 version. Today, in 2.7, I was trying to find them and get some achievements (after a quite long exploration I even used google to find a SC map where the correct places were marked, lol). I went to these places, but couldn't find the items. I found only the sign. The boots, the wheel and both campfires are still to be found. Did they changed their place after the 2.7 update?
• • •
If life will pass, after all, there is no need for submission.
If submission is a must, there is no need to stay alive.
• • •
- A. Lahuti -

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Re: Two questions

Post by alethe » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:33 am

prokmely wrote:1. What should I do to find a mate? Like, I know I have to visit the stranger wolves' territories, interact with these wolves etc. But last time I tried to interact with all three of them, one run away and two others chased my wolf away. Really, what am I doing wrong? I've never completed the single player game, but if I remember right I have managed to find a mate once or twice without getting rejected after a few interactions. Now I just can't do this :lol:
to progress to SC, you must interact with at least one wolf in EACH social area only then will the potential mates (dispersal wolves) will start to appear.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

av/sig : lupe

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

Post by Siblaime » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:48 am

It was like this: I visited a slough male (as his territory was the nearest), he gave in and then run away. Then met a druid female and this time my wolf got chased away (as I play as a female, I wasn't trying hard to get along with her, just a few interactions and I went away :wink:). After that I went to the third territory, found a specimen male and got chased away again, then got back to the first territory I visited, another slough male spawned and I chased him away once more.
Sooo...what should be done now?
Last edited by Siblaime on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
• • •
• • •
- A. Lahuti -

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:49 am

prokmely wrote:1. What should I do to find a mate? Like, I know I have to visit the stranger wolves' territories, interact with these wolves etc. But last time I tried to interact with all three of them, one run away and two others chased my wolf away. Really, what am I doing wrong? I've never completed the single player game, but if I remember right I have managed to find a mate once or twice without getting rejected after a few interactions. Now I just can't do this
Adding to alethe, this was only true for 1.0.X up to 2.5.1. It doesn't apply to 2.7 at all. As a replacement of the old system, you'll need 750 experience points to unlock dispersal wolf encounters instead. Just to clarify.
prokmely wrote:2. Where can I find some of the human traces in Slough Creek? I remember finding them all when exploring the terrain in 2.5 version. Today, in 2.7, I was trying to find them and get some achievements (after a quite long exploration I even used google to find a SC map where the correct places were marked, lol). I went to these places, but couldn't find the items. I found only the sign. The boots, the wheel and both campfires are still to be found. Did they changed their place after the 2.7 update?
The campfire by the creek no longer exists/was moved to Amethyst Mountain. Most of the remaining human impacts were relocated, but you can still find them. You just need to keep an extra sharp lookout for them since some are easy to miss. The only ones that didn't change positions were the footprints and signpost.

These have been documented on the respective 2.7 articles of the WolfQuest Wiki since release if it helps:
Last edited by Neamara on Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated post.
What a joke.

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[
Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

Post by Siblaime » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:51 am

I think I have above 800 EXP. And thanks for the links, they're very helpful :)
• • •
• • •
- A. Lahuti -

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:57 am

I think it's just bad luck assuming dispersal wolves have a 50% chance of spawning in place of a stranger. All you can do is keep trying; I usually save on the edge of the wolf territory (usually the Slough Creek pack inhabiting the Grassy Plain territory) with the wind blowing towards my wolf so that I can quickly reload if the encounter wasn't a dispersal. Around 7/10 times it'll be easy to locate the reset trail with minimal effort.
What a joke.

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:19 am

oh, sorry! I don't play 2.7 a lot and completely forgot that was changed. thank you neamara for clarifying that, and reminding me haha

but I agree, it seems to just be a stroke of bad luck. keep at it, and you'll get one eventually.

I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

av/sig : lupe

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

Post by Siblaime » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:26 am

By the way, where can I check how many EXP I have? Not only what rank I have, but exactly how many points I earned?
• • •
• • •
- A. Lahuti -

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:00 pm

That'll be displayed in the Pack Stats interface whilst you're playing the Amethyst Mountain and Lost River maps. ;)
What a joke.

[
XBL] • [PSN]
[

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

Post by Siblaime » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:38 pm

OK, thank you all for help! :)
• • •
• • •
- A. Lahuti -

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”