A bit confused about the den

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

A bit confused about the den

Post by Siblaime » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:55 am

I have been a multiplayer-only person for years, so now I want to try to complete the single player missions for my first time. I found a mate, chose a den - Aspen Heights (I don't really remember why), had pups, now I have to defend the den. Today I checked WolfQuest Wiki to find out some information about the den, if it's relatively safe etc. Okay, AH is far away from the summer den, quite close to a hunting ground, right. But one thing is confusing for me:
The nearest elk grounds are close by, as is the nearest wolf pack territory. If you choose this site, your pups will be at greater risk from the stranger wolves (...)
But I thought if the stranger territories are pink, AH is the farthest away from both of them :shock:
Even when the stranger wolves territory are getting bigger, Aspen Heights den seems to be the farthest and therefore quite safe. If I'm interpretating something in a wrong way, I'm going to consider starting the SC episode over in order to change the den :|
Could somebody explain it to me?
• • •
If life will pass, after all, there is no need for submission.
If submission is a must, there is no need to stay alive.
• • •
- A. Lahuti -

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: A bit confused about the den

Post by paperpaws » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:07 am

From what I can tell, that information is based on the old positioning of the territory, as can be seen on this map: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wol ... 1213175634

I think the major setback about the Aspen Heights den is that it's the farthest away from the rendezvous point, meaning you'll be facing the longest journey. I never quite realised that the territory got relocated and the original information became incorrect as a result, heh.

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

Post by Siblaime » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:20 am

Thank you for help! Maybe I should start over choosing the Bison Peak den...or just give up the single player :lol:
• • •
If life will pass, after all, there is no need for submission.
If submission is a must, there is no need to stay alive.
• • •
- A. Lahuti -

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:52 am

You're welcome! I'd say just give it a shot, worst case scenario you'll end up with an overly specific achievement or another to add to the collection. Good luck and have fun!

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:38 pm

Quick post to say that I've looked into this. The in-game dialogue seems to be correct, so it looks like only the Wiki article was incorrect; the in-game prompt has been updated, so the error was found and corrected by the developer at some point. I've updated the article as well as the message screencap for accuracy.

Feel free to use the WolfQuest Wiki thread to point out any errors or outdated information you might find while browsing. ^^
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit