single player mode - help me?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

RangerCorwen
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

single player mode - help me?

Post by RangerCorwen » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:08 am

Hi there. I'm a relatively new player, having played on and off since way before 2.7 but never seriously, so I ask a lot of noob questions. Terribly sorry.
However, what I want to know is... is it possible to just casually play in slough creek & slough creek winter the way we can on amethyst mountain and lost river? Just hunting and mate finding, no stressful babysitting etc. If not, could the developers please consider adding this feature? Thanks in advance :)

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup
Name: SheWolf

Re: single player mode - help me?

Post by SheWolf17 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:55 am

Hello, RangerCorwen!

Currently, "Slough Creek" and "Slough Creek: Winter" aren't being played in Single Player without missions, as far as I can tell...

These maps present challenges that must be fulfilled by the player. In the case of Multiplayer mode, these maps can be playable without having some kind of mission, that is, in the MP you do what you want (survive, explore, hunt and have fun with your friends).
But in Single Player mode, I find it difficult to just be a "exploration" map, since the main purpose of the game is to create your own family.

Well, if I'm wrong, correct me. Thank you! :wink:
A shot in the dark
A past lost in space
Where do I start?
The past and the chase
You hunted me down
Like a wolf, a predator
I felt like a deer in the lights

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Re: single player mode - help me?

Post by loboLoco » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:25 am

You could start a private multiplayer game and choose SC-Winter or SC-Spring. (You might choose Voice Chat to eliminate the text chat panel.) Then you'd have no mate, no pups, just exploration and hunting.

But yeah, it would be nice to have more game-mode options for every map, we'll keep that in mind for WQ3.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”