Cannot log into my new WQ account

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

TimberRaven
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Name: Telepathic Slime

Cannot log into my new WQ account

Post by TimberRaven » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:34 pm

So, in WolfQuest, I created a new account, TimberRaven. I activated it and then I played it with one of my wolves from the old user, WolfGirlHowl, and decided to take a video to edit in HitFilm. So, after choosing my wolf, Sylvia, (created by WolfGirlHowl but it happened to be in the new account, TimberRaven) and went into Multiplayer. I then chose to create a private game. I set it up, (SC: Winter) and I hunted some elk while taking a game clip. After ending the game clip, I get out of the game immediately, by pressing X (I play on PC and the window thingy is visible, so I just closed out the game without getting out of it properly) and then did stuff with HitFilm so and so, same old. Then I decide to get back into WolfQuest with my new account, but then it automatically logged me into WolfGirlHowl, and I couldn't log out. It's been this way since Tuesday (the day I created my account and tried to get back into it after closing the game), because usually when I get on WQ, I have to log into my account every single time. Now? No, it's always WGH, and I don't know how to log out to then log into TimberRaven. My two accounts have the same password (random fact?).
Thanks in advance :P
beauty is fleeting. beauty is unreliable.
.................................................if a man doesn't want to talk to you because he thinks your eyebrows are ugly
...............then he doesnt deserve to have you

Avatar-BB <3 Signature-TimberRaven

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Cannot log into my new WQ account

Post by Neamara » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:48 pm

For clarification, did you purchase the game on Steam, Humble Bundle or Itch.io?

I know Steam has a lock-in that makes it impossible for you to manually disconnect your account from a Steam account, but I'm less sure this exists for the other platforms; or at least, I know that no such thing exists for the Itch.io (and presumably Humble Bundle) edition or the IOS and Android ports. I couldn't find anything on the support page, but you should be able to e-mail info@wolfquest.org for assistance with unlinking your WQ and Steam accounts so that you may associate a new account with your Steam account if that is the service you're using.

If it isn't Steam, try logging out, then log back into WGH without the remember option ticked, then log out. Now relaunch the game. If WGH has not auto-relogged, log into TR with the remember option ticked, then quit and relaunch. Which account is logged in? If WGH has relogged, perform a reinstall of WolfQuest.
*yawn*
[
XBL] • [PSN]
[
Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

TimberRaven
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by TimberRaven » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:01 pm

Yes, I did get it on Steam; what should I say in the email? (Weird question, but I want to send a nice and clear email)

And I'm also a bit confused..
.................................................if a man doesn't want to talk to you because he thinks your eyebrows are ugly

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:15 pm

You'll have to explain that you'd like to disassociate your WolfQuest account (in this case, WolfGirlHowl) from your Steam account because you would like to use a different WQ account with your Steam ID. It seems you might also have to provide some more information for Dave to be able to complete the split:
loboLoco wrote:Your SteamID64:
Your old WolfQuest username:

You can get the SteamID64 here: https://steamid.io
Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/431180/d ... 9669195565

I edited my previous message a little bit -- info@wolfquest.org seems to be the e-mail for this kind of request.
*yawn*
[
XBL] • [PSN]
[

TimberRaven
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by TimberRaven » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:11 pm

So I have to basically unplug one of my accounts to play the other? What should I say to Dave?
I started WQ again to look for more details. I found one. Instead of the usual same old same old, where it pulls up the main screen with the pups and parents and has the log-in button, (and after I log into my account it says stuff about Files out of sink with Server, I click sink all files, check my messages, go into a game) it just says Account, no log in, and it immediately says Files are out of sink with Server, and I click my usual button and move on to my WQ game with my friends.

I'm still kind of confused on what to do, but I'm not sure what to ask.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:43 am

Pretty much, though it depends on how much you want to unplug from one to plug in the other. If you own any non-Steam copy of WQ 2.7, you'd be able to log out without the account being tethered to another service. With Steam, it's all about anti-piracy. To my understanding, you will need to include the information quoted in the second post when requesting a WQ-SteamID unlink. I *think* that's all you need, but again, there isn't anything in the Support page detailing the process.

Re-reading the first post, it sounds like you have two instances of WolfQuest 2.7...? In my experience of running the Steam and Itch.io editions on the same computer, if you login to an Ich.io/Humble Bundle edition of the game and then run the Steam version, the account tied to your Steam ID takes priority and is logged in while the other gets forcibly logged out or wiped from the registry even if you ticked the remember session option. Launching the DRM-free game again will require you to login again because the session was wiped.

If you do indeed have two editions of the game on the same computer, be mindful of this. WolfGirlHowl is associated with your Steam ID and therefore will take priority over TimberRaven. E-mailing the team and discussing the possibility of removing WGH from your Steam ID and then logging into TimberRaven in the Steam edition will instead tether that account to your Steam ID, so the only way to login to WGH is to use a DRM-free edition of the game. (Itch.io, Humble Bundle, Android, IOS or Kindle.)
*yawn*
[
XBL] • [PSN]
[

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:13 am

TimberRaven, please contact us with all the information and we'll get you fixed up.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

TimberRaven
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by TimberRaven » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:08 pm

Okay. Next time when I get on my mom's computer I'll do it, since for some reason when I click on the link (info@wolfquest.org, the link Neamara advertised) won't load and will randomly pull up SafeZone.
And no, I don't think I have any copy of WQ at all on the computer, but I do have WQ 2.7. on my cheap, lame Fire tablet that I almost never use :roll:
And I know that Neamara and ForeverEverest have two accounts (maybe more!); how? Doesn't Neam have the game on Steam?

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:35 am

Instead of clicking the e-mail address, try manually entering it in your e-mail client in the "to:" field. Alternatively, I think you should be able to use the contact field in the Support Center.

Regarding having multiple accounts: http://support.wolfquest.org/knowledge_ ... -usernames

It's possible to have multiple accounts through purchase of multiple game keys.

TimberRaven
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by TimberRaven » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:04 pm

I'm not sure what that is, sooo..... I don't think I can maintain TimberRaven since there's all this stuff in the way. I guess I could just stick to WGH, mehh..
But I learned a lesson XD
So, I dunno, lock this or something? I don't want to have to do all this stuff just to play another account. Thank you and sorry about this waste of time

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”