Game stops downloading around halfway

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws

SirenCall
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Game stops downloading around halfway

Post by SirenCall » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:01 am

Paid for the 2.7, paid 11$ (donated the only extra dollar i had.)
it will not install level two, it just stops at 46.8 perfect, when it resumes...it goes up one number and just stops.
there is no error..there is nothing...the wolf howls and pees, but it just sits there. wont let me repair it or re download it.

ADDING* im running alienware aurora r4.
I can run old WQ, no issues. I can run Sims 2-4 no issues ( expansions included)
I have to be doing something wrong!
Last edited by paperpaws on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title to more accurately reflect the issue you need help with.

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: IN TEARS!?!?! bought game is it a waste!?!

Post by paperpaws » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:33 am

First of all, don't worry. You've purchased the game, so you own it now. This is an issue that can be solved; we just need to find out what causes it.

From what I gather, you purchased the game on itch.io and are trying to install using the launcher on a Windows pc. The knowledge base articles for that can be found here, but I don't think these list your exact issue: http://support.wolfquest.org/knowledge_ ... on-windows

The specs of your computer should not be relevant to attempting to download the game. Have you made sure your internet connection is stable and quick enough? Also, silly as it sounds, have you attempted to restart your computer and then running the installer?

Alternatively, I'm not sure if you have a Steam account, but if you purchased via itch.io you should've received a complimentary Steam key. You could try redeeming it and installing it on Steam instead, to see if that would work better for you than the client downloader.

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”