(2.5 version) game stuck at title screen?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Isophia
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

(2.5 version) game stuck at title screen?

Post by Isophia » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:14 am

hello, uh, i just got the very strong need to play this game all of a sudden but as im just kinda doing this out of boredom and not really wanting to make a commitment to buying the game (looks good though, maybe another time) i downloaded the old 2.5 version, i also apologize if this is the wrong forum to report this to, as i find this place somewhat difficult to navigate. do tell where i should put it instead, if need be.

the problem is just what it says on the tin. open up the game, the window is pure white for a moment, and then i see the title screen with those two wolves and their pups and the music plays. everything is normal except the buttons for save game, new game, website, and etc aren't loaded at all. i've waited for a while now but nothing really happens. i really wanna revisit this game. any help?

also, ive tried different settings for the resolution, windowed or not windowed, and graphics. i havent tried every combination but most of them at least. each time it's the same result.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: (2.5 version) game stuck at title screen?

Post by Neamara » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:23 am

Hi Isophia,

Try the suggestions provided in this thread-
Missing Buttons - WQ Main Menu Solution
https://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=67606
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

xc92u3

Re: (2.5 version) game stuck at title screen?

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:17 pm

And, well... WQ 2.5 isn't really dealt with anymore, but maybe to get the 2.7 for free, you could try the February contest thing and then maybe it'll work.
I mean, it will probably work.
No... it will work.