Frequently logged out [Forum]

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

xc92u3

Re: Frequently logged out [Forum]

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:36 pm

Yaaay, my thing doesn't say Not Secure anymore, in its place it shows a lock (that is locked of course, not all open and floppy hehe)
I just got on and I came on here logged in, too.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:41 pm

Well, looks like I had to log in again after a few days unfortunately...

Edit 2/4/19: The issue is very much persisting and we're back to at least one logout per day.

Edit 10/18/19: The feature now seems to be completely non-functional and prompts me to login whenever I load the forums after extended times of inactivity (about an hour if The Great Suspender is anything to go by).

Unrelated edit: I think we may have also lost the bump button again because it doesn't seem to be showing up anymore.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

PeltOfAsh
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Ash

Post by PeltOfAsh » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:30 pm

If I even navigate away from the site I have to log back in. Remember me doesn't work at all.

YellowstoneWolves1
Pup
Pup
Name: Snake

Post by YellowstoneWolves1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:17 am

I've been having a similar problem. I check the forums relatively often, and I've been getting logged out a lot. It has unfortunately cost me in terms of work, seeing as I have drafts being worked on for random projects. I can push 'Remember me' and it'll work for awhile, but after a bit I get logged out.

I'm glad to see a forum on it, however, that means that it has been addressed and it will, soon, hopefully, be fixed.
¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤ Snake To His Father ¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤
▽ ▿
"We are monsters, rejects that nobody wanted. Now we want revenge for those who hated us and disgraced us. Soon all will see my family has grown stronger than if we'd stayed at our old homes, so much so that we may as well thank them!"

¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤
Sig–Black Burn

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:38 pm

I thought I was the only one with this issue. Remember me doesn't work and yesterday it said "not secure" in the sign-in. I would recommend saving your work in another program before doing anything just in case it decides to log you out. If you're on mobile, your work may be saved if you press the back arrow buttons.

[Edit]
I'm gonna bookmark the link Dave put and see if that does anything, but I wonder if even that stopped working.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

YellowstoneWolves1
Pup
Pup
Name: Snake

Post by YellowstoneWolves1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:18 pm

GoldenBeauty wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:38 pm
I thought I was the only one with this issue. Remember me doesn't work and yesterday it said "not secure" in the sign-in. I would recommend saving your work in another program before doing anything just in case it decides to log you out. If you're on mobile, your work may be saved if you press the back arrow buttons.
That is exactly what I've had to do. I make story drafts and I literally had to write one two times over because of this. I ended up deleting the draft but the entire thing is saved on a notepad. I did this to prevent further issues.
¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤ Snake To His Father ¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤
▽ ▿
"We are monsters, rejects that nobody wanted. Now we want revenge for those who hated us and disgraced us. Soon all will see my family has grown stronger than if we'd stayed at our old homes, so much so that we may as well thank them!"

¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤
Sig–Black Burn

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:51 pm

YellowstoneWolves1 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:18 pm
GoldenBeauty wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:38 pm
That is exactly what I've had to do. I make story drafts and I literally had to write one two times over because of this. I ended up deleting the draft but the entire thing is saved on a notepad. I did this to prevent further issues.
When I started on the site, I used to write story chapters in the text box too! Now I use Word so I won't get timed out when it's time to submit. Live and learn :) !
DaniBeez
___Community member since 2010
___Avatar by Sambhur

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:28 am

This bug seems to come in waves, because there was a big wave of nonstop log-outs last year and then they went away. And now it seems to have started up again. It hasn't hit me yet, though. I use Brave as my browser and it saves everything where you left it as soon as you close it out (even if you shut down the device), so that may be what's holding it off for me. And if it does come in waves, then I'm pretty sure it'll soon go away for a while again.