The latch-kick-lag

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

x1103
Pup
Pup

The latch-kick-lag

Post by x1103 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:09 am

I know this probably wont be fixed with the third episode on the way and all, but thought I'll post this anyway in hopes that players have found out something about it, what might cause it or what might help.

So I've been on multiple moose hunting servers and recently have noticed a presistent problem that did not occur as much before. When someone has anchored the moose and the other players go for the bite and hold spin, the spinners get kicked for no apparent reason while still latched. Not sure if this is truly a bug or if it has something to do with how the players attack, but I've been also kicked while perfoming imo "a perfect" attack so I think that's not the case here...

Anyone know anything about this? :moose:
Nevermind me I just like to blah blah.

Zawki

Re: The latch-kick-lag

Post by Zawki » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:12 am

I don't know much about moose hunting (glitches, etc.), but I will share what I do know. Moose target another player if the originally targeted player dies or moves out of range. Is there any chance something happened with the "anchoring" player during the hunt? Keep in mind that prey animals can still harm your wolf when you're hanging off them, and bull moose can kill with just two kicks, so it wouldn't take long for the moose to switch target. (Especially if players move away after the first kick.)

I think I have heard something about moose immunity glitches on mobile, but I cannot confirm any of this. Maybe it's possible a glitch allowed the anchoring player to withstand all the attacks on some of your previous hunts, meaning the moose would not target anyone else.

Edit: I found this information in the comments of the WolfQuest Wiki:
Moose, bull and cow can be attacked by pressing the red wolf icon that appears when you are close enough to them, but not enough to take damage. Because of this you can kill moose, and elk on your own easily.
Pretty sure this is a mobile only glitch.
I assume the moose stays targeted on that player, despite being unable to reach.
┌────────────────┤├────────────────┐
When the sky is clear and day has turned to night,
the land is touched by a beautiful moonlight.
└────────────────────────────────────┘

x1103
Pup
Pup

Post by x1103 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:16 am

Hmm, I do have a feeling that the anchorer or the spot has something to do with it, as with some anchoring players everything goes just as smoothly as always, but I haven't truly investigated it yet so it's just a hunch.

Many other players said that they've experienced this only recently so they thought it was a bug. I'll have to try to do some tests and maybe ask them too to join in this topic for more info.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:49 pm

Oh, yeah, I believe this is normal, either that, or this is a bug that has been around a very long time XD
So after a few moments (I've counted once, about two seconds and a half to four seconds) of grabbing and hanging on to your prey, from cow elk to bull moose, it will stop spinning around and eventually kick you. The average time of holding on before you get kicked is usually three seconds... it's very predictable and reproducible. Sometimes, on the other hand, you don't get kicked, until you run out of stamina and let go and don't run away, otherwise it will kick you if it doesn't drop dead XD

x1103
Pup
Pup

Post by x1103 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:48 am

TimberRaven wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:49 pm
Oh, yeah, I believe this is normal, either that, or this is a bug that has been around a very long time XD
So after a few moments (I've counted once, about two seconds and a half to four seconds) of grabbing and hanging on to your prey, from cow elk to bull moose, it will stop spinning around and eventually kick you. The average time of holding on before you get kicked is usually three seconds... it's very predictable and reproducible. Sometimes, on the other hand, you don't get kicked, until you run out of stamina and let go and don't run away, otherwise it will kick you if it doesn't drop dead XD
Well, this seems to happen immediately when latching. Of course you get kicked by default too as the stamina bar runs out / after ~ three seconds but is it normal that the moose almost instantly stops and does the front kick animation and you loose health though hanging from its' rear? Just to be clear: this does not happen every single time, sometimes the latching "works normally" and you only get kicked if staying latched for too long.