How to Reset Graphics Settings to Default for Steam?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

rockyrusso
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

How to Reset Graphics Settings to Default for Steam?

Post by rockyrusso » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:05 pm

Hello. I downloaded WolfQuest Aniversary edition for Steam, and it loaded to the Title Page. I was able to go into the settings and mess around, and I wanted to see what the game would look like at the highest setting (my default was "Good"). After that, my game crashed and I've been unable to reach the Title Page since. Only a blurry picture of two wolves howling at the moon shows up.

Is there a way to reset the graphics setting before I launch the game? I've tried what I could with Youtube tutorials and information found online, but nothing has worked.
Can You Resist The Rainbow??

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: How to Reset Graphics Settings to Default for Steam?

Post by paperpaws » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:20 pm

rockyrusso wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:05 pm
Hello. I downloaded WolfQuest Aniversary edition for Steam, and it loaded to the Title Page. I was able to go into the settings and mess around, and I wanted to see what the game would look like at the highest setting (my default was "Good"). After that, my game crashed and I've been unable to reach the Title Page since. Only a blurry picture of two wolves howling at the moon shows up.

Is there a way to reset the graphics setting before I launch the game? I've tried what I could with Youtube tutorials and information found online, but nothing has worked.
Not quite yet, aside from messing around in the registry editor as detailed here. An update is coming which will allow you to choose the graphical settings before launching the game again. You can either choose to wait for that or, if you feel confident to, follow the steps described in tee thread I just linked. (Jadeye makes a fair point about the registry editor being dangerous territory if you don't know what you are doing or are altering things in the wrong places, but if you follow the steps exactly as described you should be fine.)