Toads?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Toads?

Post by elkhunter123456 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:46 pm

Do toads currently exist in the game? They were mentioned in the devlog "Vote for a New Animal", but they were not said whether they were going to be in slough creek, amethyst mountain, or both. Will they come later after early access? Does anyone know the answers to my questions? If so, it would be greatly appreciated.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

Itschi
Pup
Pup

Re: Toads?

Post by Itschi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:20 am

I haven't seen any :frog: jet, also no :beaver:
I don't think they are in the game jet.

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:18 pm

I've seen the toad models in the dev blogs, the devs won't just discard away all that hard work so it's likely they'll eventually come someday like the bighorns and a few other features. But.. why aren't they in the game yet? The toads have been mentioned very very briefly. They're pretty small and sort of similar to hares. Actually.. the more I think about it the more I realize maybe the devs tossed away the froggy idea because wolves don't hunt toads.. and toads are too slow to run away so speed can't be used as an excuse lol
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:27 pm

Yes, I think the frog/toad thing was ditched, but there are still beavers and bighorn on the way, maybe even black bears and porcupines, if Dave gets really bored one day. The beavers, I believe, are coming quite soon, and are probably going to be the next animal addition. Can't wait to raid some dams! :beaver:

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:32 pm

I don't think it has been discarded.

Going back to the devblog that revealed the toad, in that same video, we did a puppy either playing with or "hunting" it. Based on this, I think they'll be implemented as part of the Slough Creek episode, though it remains to be seen whether they are implemented by then or if they're in the same boat as bighorn sheep.

Just my two cents as a fellow player - I don't speak for the development team, and I certainly don't contribute towards game development efforts.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit